5. Mai 2024, 18:16 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should the Battlewagons become War Chariots and recive a Re-Skin with Unique Active Abilities!? :)

Yes,they should!
No,the shouldn't!

Autor Thema: Battlewagons Improvements  (Gelesen 54801 mal)

CragLord

• Gast
Re: Battlewagons improvments or not!?
« Antwort #75 am: 7. Nov 2015, 20:27 »
I ask you not to take my comment as serious one, and please don't spam too much after it. :P :D
During some research on net I have just found it, and I think this is good place to share this photo:

So, this is proof we needed about usage of this animals. xD  :D  :D  :D

P.S. About species in wild, here are two good articles about Bighorn Sheep which is very similar to current design of rams in game: Bighorn Sheep
And Mountain Goat, which is a bit larger and muscular species which we suggested for Ered Luin: Mountain Goats.
Also, if you find this interesting, take a look at fast facts about species, size and weight. Those are pretty strong animals.

Kind regards

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #76 am: 7. Nov 2015, 20:31 »
xD Awesome pics xD

KingdomofErebor

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Khazad ai Menu!
« Antwort #77 am: 7. Nov 2015, 22:10 »
He's not the only one my Friend, I totally support all you're ideas, I LOVED the chariots in the films, they looked so imposing, so much that Azgo made them prime targets for his orcs because they were so dangerous!

I love the idea of different goat breeds, works perfectly in my opinion

also if the team does nothing else they HAVE to have that Boar chariot for Dain it looks so damn cool!

Lets hope the team put it in the game!

KHAZAD AI MENU!
The horns of hell are upon us!To Battle sons of Durin!

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #78 am: 7. Nov 2015, 23:06 »
I am completely in favour in LordDainIronfoot's idea, simply because it comes from diversifying the three subfactions of the Dwarves, which is just in my opinion as they have been with other aspects.

However, I was wondering what effect the 'Wheel Blades' would have as a passive ability. I believe that something more should be added than just simple trampling.
I was thinking of an Area of Effect kind of damage because it would give the Chariot the little more width that it misses compared to a battalion of cavalry. As of now, the Battlewagon needs some time to trample an entire battalion of infantry and, unless you're like an AI, it requires some icky manoeuvring to crash all enemy units. With a increased (imagined) width this could be solved.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #79 am: 7. Nov 2015, 23:12 »
It really warms my heart that so many people like my small idea and it turned out to be such a great discussion! :)

Well it is still under Development and any idea is weclomed there! :)

But I think the Wheel Blades can do just some small Area DMG to Infrantry!?

What you think about that!? :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #80 am: 7. Nov 2015, 23:22 »
i think it should do a small area dmg to horses to

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #81 am: 7. Nov 2015, 23:42 »
Small Are DMG to Infantry should be enough and if we give same to Cavalry the Chariots will become way to OP my friend! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #82 am: 7. Nov 2015, 23:51 »
It wouldn't make any sense to have the wheel spikes deal damage to horses, they are an anti-infantry weapon. Cavalry can't trample other cavalry :P

I would agree to have it be a very moderate area damage, just very small to each side.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #83 am: 7. Nov 2015, 23:54 »
Sure, from a strategic point of view that makes sense, but game-wise it is a bit strange to have the AoE damage stop when it runs through cavalry.

Which leads me to the point of asking whether it is even possible to add such an effect to a MOVING Chariot, as very few units have the ability to attack while walking.

In that case, I would propose that the model for the chariot be made with a bit of 'empty space' on the sides of the Wheel Blades because this will represent the area damage the wheels do.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #84 am: 8. Nov 2015, 00:08 »
Well it is logical for the Chariot to have that Small Area DMG! :-)
About the Cavalry,well the Chariots are never meant to fight against Cavalry because Cavalry can simply avoid it and escape with ease,plus in Game the Chariots are weak.against Cavalry so I do not see why someone should uae it! :-)

Thats why I think that Area DMG against Infantry is just fine! :-)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #85 am: 8. Nov 2015, 00:33 »
well dwarves have no cavalry anyway so the chariots can be a lil bit more powerful than horses to balance it

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #86 am: 8. Nov 2015, 00:43 »
Totally disagree with that, Dwarves are NOT a cavalry faction and shouldn't be, the chariots are a minor exception but that doesn't mean they should be stronger than cavalry.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #87 am: 8. Nov 2015, 00:45 »
Iron Hills now have some Cavalry ;)

Chariots are never meant to.fight Cavalry is what I mean,but they are strong against Infantry so it is pretty balanced! :-)
To me at least! :-) Just as Chariots are supposed I think that is.good!? :-)

P.S.Should I.add the Small Area DMG of the Wheel Blades to the Main Suggestion!? :-)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #88 am: 8. Nov 2015, 00:50 »
I got some thoughts about passive spikes ability.
As you have suggested, it is reasonable that we suggest some area damage on nearby (on sides of chariot) units and for now that should be primary suggestion about that passive ability.
Also if chariot has those spikes then it is dangerous for nearby melee units, so units are trying not to be on chariot way or on it side. So we could suggest that chariot have smaller trample refresh time when we compare it to standard cavalry? Something similar Morgul riders (special unit) have.
Also I got some idea about that Oil Cask in Erebor version. Elite suggested that ability should have stun on units if it is implemented like "Flash fire". If in some case this stays as Oil Cask ability then we could also suggest that on units this ability have area effect in term of slowing movement those units in area for great %.
So damage dealing ability + area movement slow on units (just suggesting :) )

What do you think about this?  :)
Regards

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #89 am: 8. Nov 2015, 01:23 »
Can't seem to properly understand what you mean on the Trample refresh my friend,sorry fo that! :)

I have added the Small Area DMG Effect to the Main Post on First page,if you do not agree please let me know so that I can remove it! :)

Greetings and best regards to all! :)