28. Mär 2024, 19:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should the Battlewagons become War Chariots and recive a Re-Skin with Unique Active Abilities!? :)

Yes,they should!
No,the shouldn't!

Autor Thema: Battlewagons Improvements  (Gelesen 52836 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Battlewagons Improvements
« am: 6. Nov 2015, 07:54 »
So with all my respect I politely ask all the Companions of Edain who will Vote to Read the Thread! :)

P.S. Look at the Bottom of the Post to see the full and almost finished Concept of the Whole idea that we were ableto create till now,hope you enjoy it! :) I did my best! :)

Here is the latest and most full Concept of the whole "War Chariot" idea with the summorized and combined from the best ideas we had dicussing it,hope you guys like it and know that any propposals are welcomed but will be first discussed! :)

After a long discussion with many opniions and ideas to polish the main suggestion I think I should to a Summorize ofwhat we have agreed till now that should be done! :) If someone finds some mistakes or missing stuff feel free to tell me so that I can fix it! :)

Erebor:

Will be Pulled by 1 of those Animals on  the Picture! :) The strong and muscualr Ram Animals correspond with the Nature of Erebor as a Strong and Mighty Kingdom and in Brown Color too with the Erebor Theme and more importantly fits the Region in which the Kingdom is! :) And as well the inspiration about thsoe Animals is taken from Real World as well but just revised to fit better!

Will have "Wheel Blades" as a Passvie Ability from the begining! :)
The Main 3 Upgrades will be the Same: Healing,Axe Throwers and Banner! :)
The Active Ability from "Oil Cask" should become "Flash Bombs" basically a better "Oil Cask" but doing DMG against Buildings with Short Time "Stun" Effect on Infantry Units! :) It will be in connection with Eredbor Basic Strenght being good in Siege and Against Buildings! :)

Ered Luin:

Will be Pulled by 1 of the Animals on the Picture Above! :) Now the Animal is really good fitting in the White/Blue Color theme of the Ered Luin and the Region in which the Kingdom is! And those White Strong Snow Goats are based on inspirations from Real World but just revised a little to fit better in the Middle Earth and Dwarven Style! :) Here you can see the basics for those magnifficent creatures! :)

It will also have "Wheel Blades" as  a Passive Ability from the Begining! :)
The Main 2 Upgrades stay te same: Healing,Crossbowmans,Banner! :)
Active Ability: Active Ability: Will be "Great Shields",which mean two Warriors on the Chariot will hold 2 Big Shields on each side of the Chariot,providing temporarly Big Boost in the Armor ofthe Chariot Against Spearmans or Armor in general against melee units!! :) It is in connection with Ered Luin Basic Strenght being Armor and Deffense! :)
Now this are the Icon Buttons for "Great Shield" Ability of Ered Luin Chariots made personally from CragLord,he has my eternal gratitude for all his hard work and efforts as always!

The 2 Soldiers from the Ability will hold Shields like the one on the Icon button !And here is the Sound for the"Great Shield" Ability that CragLord made,I hope you will like it! :-)

Iron Hills War Chariot:

It will be Pulled by 1 Ram!And that Ram will be the one used currently in game! :-) :) It will aslo have "Wheel Blades" as a Passive Ability from the Begining! :)
The Main Upgrades will be the same: Healing,Archers,Banner! :)
Active Ablity: Semi-Automatic Crossbow,it will be active for 10-15 Seconds making Rapid Firing and after that 20-25 seconds Cool Down represnting the need to Reload! :) It will connect with Iron Hills Basic Strength being Speed and DMG! :)
And now again the Ability Buttons for "Semi-Automatic Crossbow" Ablitiy provided yet again by our CragLord... :)

Here is a Sound made again by CragLord for the "Semi-Automatic Crossbow" Ability! :-)

Now something for King Dain II of Erebor! :)
His current Second Ability is Summonin of a Battlewagon which can be Mounted by a Hero!The Ability will stay the same ,BUT the Chariot should be changed!Here is how it should look! :)

It will be Pulled by 1 Armored Boar!The Boar will represnt the Royal Crest of Dain's House and along with the Design of the Chariot will represnt the Connection of Dain to Iron Hills and his Past as Lord of Iron Hills! :) Same Upgrades with same Active Ability as Iron Hills War Chariot,BUT to not make Erebor too OP I think the Ability should have a Limit  of 5 Chariots no more Summon than 5 ,based on the number of Heroes Erebor has! :)

And now the Icon Button for "Wheel Blades that can be used for all 3 Kingdom Standard Chariots,again provided to us by CragLord
 ! :)

About the Passive "Wheel Blades" Upgrade and the Chariots like whole we have come up with 3 Possible Effects,which I hope you will read and find interesting and of course like! ;)And remember we can choose only 1 of the 3 Possible Choices! :)

Effects:
1. "Wheel Blades" will have a Small Area DMG Effect! :)
2. "Wheel Blades" will give the Chariot a Slower Trample Deceleration! :)
3. "Wheel Blades" will give BOTH a Small Area DMG and Slightly Slower Trample Deceleration! :)

Now I will give my personal Opinion! :) I choose Effect 3 (BOTH Effects)!Why!? Because the War Chariots are Heavy War Machines made of Solid Iron and Armed with Wheel Blades,it makes them Heavy thus they have Slightly Slower Trample Deceleration and the "Wheel Blades" cut everything that touches them in their high Speed Spining which suggest a Small Area DMG on both Sides of the Chariot! That's why I think Effect 3 is the BEST in my eyes choice! :) Eager for your feedback! :)

And Finally the "Healing" Upgrade: Should get a different presentation on the War Chariots for Logical Reasons! :) Bringing a Burning Fire or Fire Place on a War Chariot is not Logical,being inconvinient and dangerous to the Crew! :) So instead of the Fireplace  we should get a Barrel with Beer and Cups Attached to it on the One Side of teh Chariot and on the Other Side a Packages with Food and Medical Supplies,it WILL HAVE the Same Effect as Healing Building just with different Visual Look and name!It can be called "Provisions" or "Long Road Supplies"! :)

Here is my suggestion on how the New Healing Button Icon can Look and be Called "Provisions" or "Supplies" or "Long Road Supplies"  ,it is just as sample and example if the Team finds or mkaes better one,well even better for me!  [ugly] [ugly]

The Objects in the Black Squares can be used as In Game Objects that will appear on the Chariot after the Upgrade is Purchased! :)

Here is the "Provisions" Button Icon made and suggested by CragLord! :) Which one the Team and Fans like or make other there is not problem! :)

I think this all Summorize the ideas being Polished till now,if someone disagrees or has something to add,I will be more than happy to add his idea or discuss it here! :)

Greetings and best Regards to all! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Dez 2015, 17:58 von Varda »
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Dainironfootironhills

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Battlewagons improvments or not!?
« Antwort #1 am: 6. Nov 2015, 09:34 »
Finally @lordDainironfoot:) I defenitaly think the team should implement it,the battle wagons does look a bit cartoonish and a little unfitting with the design...the designs you posted are perfect,also if we add the crosbow and the charriot crew just make them really vonrable to pikes and trolls...that should cancle the op out,in theory it should do a lot of damage to swordsmen and bowmen because they can't stop a charriot!balance wise I think it should be no problem and war charriots is more fitting,it can be larger than the battlewagon with two boars or rams pulling it,I really do hope the edain team finds this fitting and grow fond of it!I thought about the implammentation and it coeld be that you start of with battle wagons and when they are L3 you can send them into the fordge and they will come out war charriots,the battle wagons cost 360 and the upgrade can cost 800 which makes it quite expensive but it will stop spamming

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #2 am: 6. Nov 2015, 09:44 »
I am glad to see some interest and feedback on this Thread! :)

Well of course they wil lbe quite Weak Against Spearman and Troll(even though logic wise with that Crossbow Trolls should stay aside of the Chariot :D) but joke aside yeah they will be strong only Against Swordsman and Archers! :)

While I really like your idea for the Upgrade I think it might prove to be a little too complicated! Because of that I think they should be Chariotsfrom the Start! :)

About the animals,2 Animals is perfect but I think it wil lbe quite an additional work for the Team to add 1 more Animal insteead the use of only 1 and I have no problem with beign only 1 so I thik we can do just fine with it!? :)

Oh and Welcome to MU mate,I am honored that your First Post was in my Thread! :)
Hope you enjoy it here,we have really great discussion and it isvery interesting adn fun place~! :)

Greetings! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Dainironfootironhills

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 6. Nov 2015, 10:01 »
Thank you Lord Dain!

Implementing the war charriots will also give a more movie atmosfeer for the movie lovers and it is one step closer to the perfect dwarven faction,and adding their weakness I don't think they will be op with the crossbow and crew,I think it is a splended idea!now we must wait until ET member give as his thought

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #4 am: 6. Nov 2015, 10:19 »
I like the basic idea of the concept and think that different animals and the design being more adjusted to the style of each factions would be great.

But researching an upgrade in the forge for the crossbow, would be a too big difference. I think the crossbow should just replace the oil cask.

Also there aren't animations for two animals in front of the War Chariot.

Dainironfootironhills

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 6. Nov 2015, 10:25 »
Thanks FG that would not be a problem,you are the creators we are just brainstorming here:)but thank you for your insight

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #6 am: 6. Nov 2015, 10:27 »
I like the idea of having different charriots for the 3 dwarven realms.

Furthermore I like the idea of the boars very much! Just looks more epic.

I don´t really like that automatic crossbow, I´d rather have a "gunman" siiting there and shoot on the enemy (so 1 driver + 1 shooting the crossbow).

I also don´t think it´s necessary to make an extra upgrade in the forge. I think if you make this crossbow similar strong then the dwarven axe-throwers it´d simply be another possibility to use the charriot (banner/ heal/ axe throwers/ crossbow expansion).

By the way:

I´d very much like to see these animals (muskox) as one of the 3 different animals:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muskox
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Nov 2015, 10:47 von korner »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #7 am: 6. Nov 2015, 11:18 »
Thank you FG15 for the quick reply and interest in the idea! :)

I have completely forgotten the OIl Cask :D I uggested the Upgrade just for Balacne in Case some people do not agree with it,so I love the idea of using it in place of the Cask is ousnds really awesome,really great idea tere mate! :)

I am aware of the Animations about the Wagons that why I said only 1 Animal is fine and talked in single person about them! I will be mroe than hapyp to ahve those different Animals even if it is 1 of them Pulin the Wagons! :)

I am really happy that you like the idea of making the Kingdoms more unique as possible! :)
Yeah I kinda like the Wild Boars for puling more! :) But of course as I said I am jsut as fien with Rams too! :) It just Rams seem mroe agile and fast just like for Cavalry while the Boars more toough and strong jsut for pulling! :)

I understand and resepct that! :) No need to say that I really like the Crossbow and yeah if it as strong as basicArcher or Axe Thrower I think it will be not OP at all and may then even a CD won't be needed! :)

The animals look good I have no problem with them being Erebor or Ered Luin Animal because Boars and Rams are for IHs ! :)

Thank you al lfor the attention I hope we will continue disuccsion about this matter! :) And really thanks to FG15 for his participation too! :)

Greetings and best regards! :)

Dainironfootironhills

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #8 am: 6. Nov 2015, 11:24 »
Really happy to see Fg like this,it means that the possibility is really good

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #9 am: 6. Nov 2015, 11:25 »
concerning the rams:

in the movie (and in 4.2 Edain mod) they are used as mounts for riders (equally to a horse used as mount by men).
Therefore I´d think it fitting to say: 1 ram is not strong enough to pull a charriot + crew.
It would either need more than 1 ram to pull the charriot (which is not possible from the animation) or another, stronger animal - the wild boar for IH, muscox or similar animal for the other 2 realms.
Brings in even more variety.

Dainironfootironhills

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #10 am: 6. Nov 2015, 11:31 »
I like your technicality:)lol....either way boar or ram will be really cool

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #11 am: 6. Nov 2015, 11:36 »
[
Exactly my point mate,glad you understand about the Ram and Boar!

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #12 am: 6. Nov 2015, 12:29 »
Uhm Rams are stronger than Boars though, especially since they need strong muslces to climb mountains :P. I'm in favor of this idea, but my personal opinion is to not use the boars instead of the Rams. Like I said they are weaker than Rams but their short legs make them move even less fast than the Rams, who also have an advantage in crushing enemies with their Horns.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #13 am: 6. Nov 2015, 12:33 »
I see your point there mate! :)

Well I wanted the Boars just for some diversity but as I said I am absolutely fine with Rams staying the Pulling Animals for IHs ,after al lI lvoe Rams :D My Zodiac sign in my Country is called Ram :D :D

What you think about the War Chariot of Iron Hills with Crossbwo and Crew and all!? :)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #14 am: 6. Nov 2015, 12:45 »
Changing the design of the current Chariots is definetly a +1 for you. Since we aim for more diversity for every Dwarven faction it's only right to make every warchariot reflect it's own realm, especially the animals used to pull the chariots. The crew should indeed consist of someone who steers, someone who shoots the crossbow, and two Dwarves defending the flanks. Great idea indeed my friend ;)!

I too am in favor of just replacing the Oil Barrel with the crossbow ability.