28. Mär 2024, 21:19 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should the Battlewagons become War Chariots and recive a Re-Skin with Unique Active Abilities!? :)

Yes,they should!
No,the shouldn't!

Autor Thema: Battlewagons Improvements  (Gelesen 52839 mal)

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
Re: Battlewagons improvments or not!?
« Antwort #30 am: 6. Nov 2015, 17:52 »
I more or less agree with CragLord: I appreciate a new design for the battle wagons / war chariots for the old one really looks that way at least in certain parts (the dwarven soldiers are of Edain's quality but that doesn't count so much for the pulling animal).
However I would prefer to keep their upgrades the same but differentiate their abilities: E.g. IH could get the Cross Bow as an active ability (this should really be only temporary IMO), Erebor could get the Barrel and Ered Luin the spikes at the side as a passive ability, because Luin is the tankiest sub-faction and therefore wants to get in your face. ;)
I don't like the idea of completely different upgrade sets or systems for one sub-faction. Especially because things like the banner are actually pretty important with their anti-fear bonus, so every dwarven realm needs access to that.
However I would suggest for a more coloured version of the chariots: The dwarven armor in Edain is actually relatively colourfull (not like the mainly iron grey platemails in the Hobbit), so this really pale look would really stand out.

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

PS: There are too many open threads around here. xD I can't answer all of them... ;)
PPS: Dwarves are really getting pretty "goat heavy". I don't really know if this is everytimes a good idea tbh -they look fairly nice and have about the right size for dwarves, but I think they aren't that strong actually. I mean, these chariots weight a lot and the goats I have seen untill now are all really lightly creatures. Just wanted to point that out before we go too far with our suggestions. ;)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #31 am: 6. Nov 2015, 18:14 »
I am glad you agree!

Well no one said to give absolutely different Upgrades for all.or one Faction! :-) I just suggested the Crosrto be Upgrade for IHs but we decided it should be in Place of the Oil Cask! :-)
I prefer the Goat Themed Animals than the Vanilla one which I don't even know what are :D

But I disagree about adding more Color,I actually never liked ti Colorful Dwarves,the Main Thing I disliked in the awesome TDH Mod for BFME I the Dwarves were too Colorful,which in my eyes at least is not so in Dwarven Style ,I like that Every Kingdom has own Color Theme but I do not think it should be so colorful everywhere,for Example Movie Iron Hills Soldiers had Dark Red Belts ,Red on the Shields which to me is enough to show and point their Theme Color including their Banners who also were Red in Color! :-) And even the  Soldiers weren't completely Gray and had Gold/Yellow Lines but all this is completely different Topic and I apologize for that,I hope you will not misunderstand me I am just saying why I don't think more Color is needed! :-)

So I mean the IHs Chariots doesnt need additional Colors ! :-)

Greetings! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #32 am: 6. Nov 2015, 18:52 »
Agreed, there is a limit on how much differences in colour units should have. The differences in the form of armour should be enough to make them unique.

If colours were that important then we might as well implement the house colors system again :P.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: 6. Nov 2015, 19:25 »
There is no need for different upgrades, all chariots should have same upgrades as they have in current version of mod.
Suggestion about that active abilities is nice.
I am also against that color adding, I mean, where you will place that color, on which part of chariots so it will be recognizable during game play? :)
I really don't see this as some serious argument, they are then not so strong to carry demolisher, but currently they do that. :) Simply this is about diversity of pulling animals which reflects on geographic regions of dwarven realms and their lives. There is no need to think in that way (of so realistic situation about strength of goats :) ). In Only watch them as mounts and pulling models, in general case.  :P

Kind regards 
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Nov 2015, 19:31 von CragLord »

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #34 am: 6. Nov 2015, 19:36 »
Very interesting -and old- thread, for I recall some similar discussions back in the Edain International Community. :D
I strongly support diversity between three realms and so I very much like the main idea of different animals pulling the chariot.

My vote is the following: Ered Luin Iron Hills
Erebor I also love CragLord's idea of boars pulling King Dain's summon.

EDIT: I personally don't want the oil barrel to be removed, even in favour of some kind of automatic crossbow. I like a lot the current options.

"That still only counts as one!"

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #35 am: 6. Nov 2015, 19:44 »
It is suggested that Oil barrel ability be changed with crossbow active ability for every dwarven kingdom, or (which is in my opinion also better) to add (among different pulling animal) different active ability for every kingdom.
Ered Luin - some armor upgrade ability (wheel spikes) instead oil barrel (this corresponds with defensive properties of this faction)
Erebor - stays Oil barrel (for your favourite :P, siege properties)
Iron Hills - get crossbow active ability instead Oil barrel (this is in correlation with this offensive military dwarven faction)

In my opinion it is nice suggestion. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Nov 2015, 19:52 von CragLord »

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #36 am: 6. Nov 2015, 19:48 »
Aye, looks fair enough! :P

"That still only counts as one!"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #37 am: 6. Nov 2015, 19:54 »
I agree with Crag,the Crossbow should be something only for Iron Hills,while Erebor should keep the Oil Cask amd get IHs Chariot with Crossbow pulled by Boars from King Dain Summon,while Ered Luin should get some kind if Armor Upgrade! :-)
 Btw what you guys think if with the Banner Upgrade IHs should get 2 Soldiers with Spears(Swords in Movie) on each side of the Chariots for Extra Protection ,while Erebor and Ered Luin can Get 2 Crossbowmans/Axe Throwers ,and instead of Healing Fire on a Chariot can ha e 2 Barrels of Beer on each Side and the Third Upgrade for all 3 Kingdoms can be the Wheel Blades !? :-)
What you think about this :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #38 am: 6. Nov 2015, 20:06 »
Please lets not complicate things now. :)  :D
Well banner in current game summon 2 warriors with spears which correspond to faction with which we play so I don't know what you meant with your suggestion.
And current archer/crossbow/axethrow current upgrade still exist and it is not suggested to change that also, basic upgrades stays same, only new active ability will be added. Among this current upgrade, that suggestion is really too much in my opinion, basically new banner will be banner + current range upgrade (banner bonus and range attack). It is too much, let not be hasty with this. :)
Beer suggestion is interesting. :) Those barrels should have some visual effect if they are gonna replace this small fire. This is also connected to fire heal building in base currently, so there is also one problem ahead = to change healing building also.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #39 am: 6. Nov 2015, 20:19 »
The point was to make place for Wheel Blades Upgrade but I guess the Chariots should have them from the beginning so yeah I agree we shouldn't complicated things anymore,I withdraw that idea,forget it! :-)
Why should we change the Healing Building!?Fire is unique for Dwarves but I just do not see it fitting by logical reason to carry Fire on a Chariot! :-) We can have Barrels for Chariot and.Fire for Building they will have same role just better logic! :-)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #40 am: 6. Nov 2015, 20:23 »
Yes, they won't have wheel spikes from start if we want to integrate that unique different active ability system. :)
I was a less informative, I meant on palantir look. :)
You have right about fire logic on chariot. :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #41 am: 6. Nov 2015, 20:29 »
I think the Wheel Blades should be part of each Chariot from the start,since it is most common for almost every Chariot on.history to have Wheel Blades or Spikes! :-) I think 3 Kingdoms should have them not only one! :-)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #42 am: 6. Nov 2015, 20:38 »
I am also for that, but what else armor related (and armor visual effect on chariot) ability for Ered Luin we could suggest?
This was well armor related part of suggestion, so I presume it fits to Ered Luin.
I am out of ideas for that part of suggestion, mainly because of simple unique suggestion is probably needed.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #43 am: 6. Nov 2015, 20:47 »
Well Wheel Blades are more of a DMG Related Upgrade if you ask me! :-)
Why instead Ered Luin doesn't get an Ability Buff which increases a lot their.Armor against Spears for short time a good buff which will cover shrorly their weakness unlike the other two.Kingdoms!? :-)

P.S.What you think about this about the Healing Upgrade we can have a Barrel with Cups Attached to it on the one side and Some Packages of food on the other side,like provision for long March of the Army similar to how Dain came with the Army and Chariots and the Provisions will be when thr Army takes a a rest tp ear and drink and restore their Strength an.Health
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Nov 2015, 21:12 von LordDainIronfoot »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #44 am: 6. Nov 2015, 21:30 »
Yes, I am aware of that, simply I suggested it as armor buff because of visual effect on chariot model. I really can't thought about some other visual change on chariot which is not so radical but have armor properties. Just because spikes have visual effect to wheel. It is stupid in one hand (because those rolling spikes are for enemy cutting), but I can't think about some other visual change on model. Simply if you find something better as visual change concerning "armor" I am glad to see it. :)
Yes, this could be good one. For short amount of time, but what visual effect it could have on chariot? :) Also I hope team won't see this as some obstacle, because it is much better then other 2 active abilities.
It sound interesting. :) I was thinking only about some beer barrels, but it is nice suggestion about food and drink. :)

I think we are on good way about polishing this suggestion.  :D
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Nov 2015, 22:48 von CragLord »