28. Apr 2024, 10:19 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain Demo 4.2 - Your Impressions  (Gelesen 14386 mal)

Isilendil

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Edain Demo 4.2 - Your Impressions
« Antwort #30 am: 5. Mär 2016, 16:16 »

Thank you very much, now I really understood that to come here and it has something no sense, because you deny my every opinion. And my every opinion has been formed through a lot of games, I just play every day on the network, and I know whereof I speak.

I agree only with Mirkwood warrior's
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Mär 2016, 16:22 von DieWalküre »

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #31 am: 5. Mär 2016, 16:32 »
He has the right to ''deny'' your opinion with his own opinion. This is how a discussion works Isil.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #32 am: 5. Mär 2016, 16:43 »
Thank you very much, now I really understood that to come here and it has something no sense, because you deny my every opinion. And my every opinion has been formed through a lot of games, I just play every day on the network, and I know whereof I speak.

I agree only with Mirkwood warrior's

No one is denying the opinion of anyone.
In this forum people discuss among themselves, bringing arguments and trying to prove something wrong or right to back a thesis.

Even other people can count on a consolidated experience in the game, but I think it's not really constructive using this kind of arguments as a 'I am absolutely right' statement.

Mogat

• LPS-Sieger
  • Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #33 am: 5. Mär 2016, 19:46 »
And if you isil had actually read the post which were written after yours you would have noticed that there actually was a discussion. Declaring it as "senseless" is kind of offending, cause me and some others took their time to write some posts...

Cogito, ergo sum

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #34 am: 5. Mär 2016, 21:08 »
It is probably not the appropriate topic, but since you guys are talking about Mordor changes, I'm a little concerned nobody even mentioned Cirith Ungol orcs... They are incredibly powerful in the current version, regardless of their 0 command point cost.

"That still only counts as one!"

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #35 am: 5. Mär 2016, 21:15 »
But you have also to think about something different:

Other factions have extremely powerful hero units. Other factions have a unit which is multiple times stronger. Mordor's strength is more the powerful spam - therefore we gave them a unit which costs no cp (therefore no spam), but is a bit less powerful than hero units.
If the unit would be weak, they would just be another unit, but not as impactful as a hero unit.

So just look at them in a different way:
Other factions use some CP to get a really strong unit which kills everything.
Mordor uses normal orcs and Cirith Ungol Orcs to kill everything. :P If the units wouldn't be powerful, they wouldn't be (together with some more orcs) as powerful as elite units.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #36 am: 5. Mär 2016, 21:52 »
No offense Gnomi, but I do believe you forgot one thing. ^^  :) While most hero units cost around 1300 golds, Cirith Ungol orcs cost four times less with a couple Slave farms (i.e. every single game in 4.2.1). I always pictured Cirith Ungol units as versatile units (halberders are very polyvalent, black uruks are strong against heavy armor and black archers debuff enemy units) and therefore meant to be an addition to the Mordor orcs core army. I would rather suggest to empower reinforcements from Rhun/Harad as valuable elite units. :)

PS: If I wanted to nitpick, I'd say that Mordor actually got two hero units (Castellans and Morgul Riders).  :P

"That still only counts as one!"

Maraelion

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #37 am: 6. Mär 2016, 00:29 »
Thank you my friends for taking my defense while I was absent.

And Isil, I did not meant to be rude to you, I only expressed my opinion that differs from yours. I played today some games with Mordor and have to agree that their trample damage and also their "trample range" is quite high (could be nerfed), but I still think, that the orcs are ok.
Greetings
Maraelion

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
« Antwort #38 am: 16. Mär 2016, 12:57 »
in general i really love this mod, it is why i do maps only with it and all, but i will explain exactly what i love and what i don't...

• 1: the job is generally totally awesome, the models are really nice and all.
  • 2: the balance is generally really well done and there is a lot of possibilities for each factions.
  • 3: the maps are really nice.
  • 4: the team listen their fans and want to satisfy the majority of people.
  • 5: The mod is in English even if the whole team is German and I think this is really nice from the team.
  • 6: The team is really respectful of the lore of the books, even more than the hobbit movies that should be more respectful!

unlike
  • 1: Some units and heroes should, I personally think it, be reworked, I think especially about the rohan regular units and the units of the fiefdoms, I also don't really like king Dain and the colours of Durin.
  • 2: The game can be sometimes repetitive, but I think it could be the basic game that make it like this.
  • 3: The heroes are sometimes not enough worked, I'm waiting for the heroes submod
  • 4: I think that the CaH mod should be more complete but it's not the most important point.
  • 5: The realises take a long time, BUT I think that make a good job take the time needed.
  • 6: I would like to see the whole nazguls in armor (I know that it should make inequality but ...).
For the conclusion, I think that even if there are defaults it is probably the best mod I've ever played it deserve his place as the best mod of the year ! Good job edain team, even if I m happy to be able to play this mod for free, I think I could pay the price of a normal game for it. Keep the good work a big kiss on the right rump and all of my support!!! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Mär 2016, 14:02 von lord_ellessar »