29. Mär 2024, 09:46 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Uptade: Could not connect to server.  (Gelesen 2315 mal)

eldarion002

• Bilbos Festgast
Uptade: Could not connect to server.
« am: 9. Nov 2015, 10:36 »
Hello,

Today I wanted to install the new version 4.2 of the mod but I have a problem with the launcher: when I click on uptade to the update I have a message that says "Could not connect to server".
I never replayed since the mod because I have always had this problem, even with the old update. It's a shame because I would really like to see the excellent work you have done in this new version ...

My question is: Is there a way to update the mod 4.2 bypassing the launcher? With an .exe or manually? I am 4.0 and I can do nothing else.

Thank you in advance !

PS: I am French, sorry in advance if my English is not great. ^^

eldarion002

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Uptade: Could not connect to server.
« Antwort #1 am: 10. Nov 2015, 13:14 »
Help please !

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 10. Nov 2015, 13:20 »
Deactivate your anti virus and close the launcher. Restart it again and click update in the update-section.

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #3 am: 10. Nov 2015, 13:31 »
Also update the Launcher by downloading its setup first and then try again. There were some reworks on the update system in newer versions which changes the way to check if the server is online.

eldarion002

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 10. Nov 2015, 17:58 »
Thank you for your answers !
So I disabled my antivirus Avast clicking "disable permanently" but the message remains ... even having installed the launcher 1.1.0.2.
What I am really disappointed and I do not understand the problem? :(

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #5 am: 10. Nov 2015, 18:13 »
Well, something is definitely blocking the Launcher from updating. Even deactivated AV are often not really deactivated and continue working in the background. Which AV are you using? Also make sure that the Launcher is not blocked by your firewall.

eldarion002

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #6 am: 10. Nov 2015, 22:14 »
My AV is Avast.
I tried to do the update by disabling my firewall, but it's the same ...
Should I uninstall my AV to see if it really comes from there?