28. Mär 2024, 16:19 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Lothlórien Suggestions  (Gelesen 110667 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Brief Lothlórien Suggestions
« Antwort #30 am: 27. Nov 2015, 00:13 »
I know it's probably not going to happen but I wish Mirkwood was its own faction. I like it that much. Plus it seems a bit odd for Thranduil to always team up with Lorien and play second fiddle to Galadriel. Doesn't seem in-character.

Hi.
This topic (Mirkwood as an independent faction) has already been proposed and debated both here and on ModDB.
Although theoretically possible, it won't be for a couple of reasons, concerning the lore and, mainly, the gameplay.

This is a comment of mine on ModDB about this suggestion  :)

Zitat
It could certainly be done, but, concerning the Edain Mod's system and inner structure, there aren't the right 'premises'.
I'm mainly referring to the number of each faction's heroes, units, spells, and models of the basic structures.
Also, it would be quite unfair and problematic having three different factions for the Elves, when we surely know that the Elves are severely diminishing in the late Third Age and thus are a minority among all the other races.

Not even a possible 'switching' system convinces me very much, as there would be heroes, spells, tools and other elements of a different realm in another realm, without so much coherence (a proper differentiation); otherwise, we could also include Rivendell in a possible switching system, and mash all the Elves together in one faction...

Furthermore, it's true that in the late Third Age Lothlórien and Mirkwood are almost completely isolated and represent two distinct different realms, but, apart from Galadriel, we are still talking about a common Elven kin, the Woodland Elves, among which (the composition obviously changes in the respective factions) we can define the Sindar, the Nandor and the Avari.
Also, both Celeborn and Thranduil are Sindarin Princes/Royals :)

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #31 am: 1. Dez 2015, 20:21 »

I'm a bit confused when you say the lore. Lorien and Mirkwood were completely separate kingdoms. Thranduil would not try to command Lorien, and Galadriel and Celeborn would not try to command Mirkwood.

Just how I see it. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Dez 2015, 20:46 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #32 am: 1. Dez 2015, 20:34 »

And, where did I exactly write that Thranduil is commanded by anyone?  :)

I just pointed out the fact that these two realms are part of a similar Elven kin, the Woodland kin.

In the game, Thranduil is recruited in his own Mirkwood outpost as its leader and most powerful hero.
No way is it implied that Thranduil is subjected or subdued to someone else's authority.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #33 am: 21. Dez 2015, 02:00 »
Good day everyone,

The MOTY Voting caused some godly ruckus again hehe. I had a visual suggestion. See, I suggested a little while ago, to give Royal Guard shields, and it actually was implemented. So, as it is very difficult to think that a standard melee fighter would go into battle without some form of shield or buckler, the same would logically apply for the Lothlorien Swordsmen. There is an idle model in the animations of the Fortress or the Camp that possess a shield and while it is like the vanilla shield, I thought, especially without heavy armour, Swordsmen of Lothlorien would at least some small kind of shield.

What do you think? I am already enjoying Lothlorien and Mirkwood for its visuals quite a bit, but it's my only visual gripe with the faction, I think.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Lord of Mordor

• Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #34 am: 21. Dez 2015, 02:28 »
Lorien swordsmen deliberately have no shield. We never saw any Lorien warrior use a shield in the movies and their standard units are meant to look as light and agile as agile. It also adds to the game's visual diversity that not every swordsman has a shield. For the Royal Guard it was very fitting because they are a king's guard after all and gameplay-wise, heroic cavalry is counted as being equipped with cavalry shields. But I don't think it fits here.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #35 am: 21. Dez 2015, 03:14 »
All right, no problem. Thanks for the reply and the explanation!
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #36 am: 25. Dez 2015, 11:59 »
I recently saw that the Beorninger Hut levels up by training Beornings. Currently, the only other similar leveling system is Mordor's. Not very lore wise, right? :D
How about it levels up by producing resources, similarly to buildings in the Castle/Camp ?

"That still only counts as one!"

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #37 am: 29. Dez 2015, 23:46 »
Although I agree this makes sense, it makes the Settlement too strong too soon. I don't know exactly what the current rate of production is but I guess it equals an unupgraded Mallorn Tree.
Firstly, the Hut has no upgrades so in that way it couldn't gain levels at once, and I wouldnt like to see that for the next reason.
Secondly, the Beorningers are a big investment in your army being quite strong against everything really so I believe their recruitment costs should in a sense be the upgrade itself. I think it's the only right way the Hut works even if it is Mordor's system. There have to be made exceptions.

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #38 am: 5. Jan 2016, 01:14 »
It would be cool to make a new costume for legolas when he won a Galadriel's Gifts of Lorien (a costume with a cape as in the lord of the ring the two towers)

As the legolas of the mod "Shadow and Flame" in the article "the three hunter" or in "The Ridder Clan Mod"

you can see

the link of the article of the three hunter
http://www.moddb.com/mods/shadow-and-flame/news/update-the-three-hunters
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Feb 2016, 18:35 von Glorfindel23 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #39 am: 5. Jan 2016, 01:36 »
It would be cool to make a new costume for legolas when he won a Galadriel's Gifts of Lorien (a costume with a cape as in the lord of the ring the two towers)

As the legolas of the mod "Shadow and Flame" in the article "the three hunter" or in "The Ridder Clan Mod"

I like very much that costume, and the fact that it's the one used by Legolas for most of the LOTR trilogy makes it more 'iconic' than it would actually be on its own  :)

But, as you too pointed out in your post, it's the costume that Legolas uses once he decided to join the Fellowship in its journey, and, in this specific case, team up with Aragorn and Gimli as one of the Three Hunters.

Although Legolas receives his Gift while journeying along with the Fellowship as one of its members in the lore, in Lothlórien (the faction of the Edain Mod) he truly is the Prince of Mirkwood, in his own Kingdom.
Maybe, other ideas could be gathered for a new appearance of his after receiving the Gift, like one more royal-ish, for example.

Keep in mind, though, that his Gift is all about the Bow of the Galadhrim.
Not about an armour or new robes, as Thranduil or Celeborn  ;)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #40 am: 5. Jan 2016, 02:36 »
Actually, it seems that both bows are inverted. He starts with the Galadhrim bow (the same model as the Galadhrim bow), and then gets that more default looking bow with the gifts of Lorien (The wooden thing)... Check it out. It's a bug I think, so it would have to go in the bug section.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #41 am: 5. Jan 2016, 12:11 »
Actually, it seems that both bows are inverted. He starts with the Galadhrim bow (the same model as the Galadhrim bow), and then gets that more default looking bow with the gifts of Lorien (The wooden thing)... Check it out. It's a bug I think, so it would have to go in the bug section.

Are you sure?

It's true that the normal bow of Legolas has the same design of the one of the Galadhrim in LOTR, but it's also, I think, a similar design to the vanilla one from the first BFME1, when Galadriel didn't obviously exist back then as a hero and Legolas couldn't be enhanced by her power.

What if it were intentional?
The vanilla design (the bow of the Galadhrim in the LOTR trilogy) was maintained as the ordinary design, while they chose a different and innovative design for the actual bow of the Galadhrim in the game (more lore accurate?).

I don't know, I'm just making speculations.
Even though I don't really find the enhanced bow so 'default'; it's of another colour (which I think that resembles the colour of the Golden Leaves of Lothlórien) and its shape is more elegant yet simple, in my opinion.

Anyway, it's an interesting question.
Someone of the Edain Team will surely give an answer to our doubts  :)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #42 am: 5. Jan 2016, 20:13 »

Odysseus, you are confused I think. Situation in game is regular if we are talking about  skin of bow (model of bow is same in both cases, but that is normal thing in game). Before Legolas got "Gift of Lorien" this is look of bow's skin in game:
It is almost same as Mirkwood's bow from movie:

When he gets gift from Lady of Light, look in game:
Galadhrim's bow from movie:

So I think everything is ok.

PS. About current model of Galadhrim's bow in game, that is other question I think. I think that it is similar to vanila Legolas's bow :
It is weta model of Galadhrim's bow (common one) :
Legolas in Lothlorien got also Galadhrim's bow but special one, which was different in details:
Special Galadhrim's bow for him. :)

So at the end, the most logical thing is to make new skin of Mirkwood (Lotr I movie) bow and replace current starting bow in game, because starting skin of bow for Legolas is really same as common bow of Galadhrims in game (if we look from objective point of view).
So the most annoying&logical suggestion to the team is: we need new skin for starting bow of Legolas. :P
But Mirkwood (Lotr I movie) bow and current one in game are  similar, so we can watch on current situation as normal. :)

Regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Jan 2016, 16:54 von CragLord »

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #43 am: 5. Jan 2016, 21:16 »
Also possible ^^.

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #44 am: 6. Jan 2016, 21:38 »

I like very much that costume, and the fact that it's the one used by Legolas for most of the LOTR trilogy makes it more 'iconic' than it would actually be on its own  :)

But, as you too pointed out in your post, it's the costume that Legolas uses once he decided to join the Fellowship in its journey, and, in this specific case, team up with Aragorn and Gimli as one of the Three Hunters.

Although Legolas receives his Gift while journeying along with the Fellowship as one of its members in the lore, in Lothlórien (the faction of the Edain Mod) he truly is the Prince of Mirkwood, in his own Kingdom.
Maybe, other ideas could be gathered for a new appearance of his after receiving the Gift, like one more royal-ish, for example.

Keep in mind, though, that his Gift is all about the Bow of the Galadhrim.
Not about an armour or new robes, as Thranduil or Celeborn  ;)

Yes I agree with you DieWalküre but we can so make a new power for the invocation of legolas gimli and aragorn in the spellbook of the rohan factionhan faction
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Jan 2016, 22:18 von Glorfindel23 »