27. Apr 2024, 14:14 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Lothlórien Suggestions  (Gelesen 112481 mal)

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
Re: Brief Lothlórien Suggestions
« Antwort #45 am: 9. Jan 2016, 23:09 »
with reflexion, the first costume of boromir in the gondor is the costume of boromir in the fellowship. Why is a probleme for legolas ? Legolas win his costume when he won a specific level

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #46 am: 16. Jan 2016, 11:18 »
Hello,

what do you think about entmoot beeing a healing place for other ents when they don't fight? I find them really hard to stay alive as they are so easy to focus on in battles.

Have a nice day :)

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #47 am: 20. Jan 2016, 14:07 »
Hello,

what do you think about entmoot beeing a healing place for other ents when they don't fight? I find them really hard to stay alive as they are so easy to focus on in battles.

Have a nice day :)

Agree! ;)

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #48 am: 20. Jan 2016, 14:33 »
I don't think that adds anything to how useful they are. Remember that they walk very slowly, and unless you have the Entmoot right outside the enemy's base, you are losing time in siege while your Ent is walking back home, and is expected to return to the front.

Also, they might be easy to single out but unlike other siege weapons, they can actually react in melee combat very effectively. It remains a necessity to have every Ent defended by cavalry to get rid of archers with Fire Arrows.

Absolutely unnecessary in my opinion.

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #49 am: 20. Jan 2016, 16:26 »
I like the idea. If it can be implemented then I see no reason why not.
RPG:

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
« Antwort #50 am: 20. Jan 2016, 16:29 »
I like the idea to :)

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #51 am: 20. Jan 2016, 17:27 »
I support this idea. 

I don't really see any reason why this shouldn't be added.  While they are the only siege that can defend themselves in melee, they have a very big weakness to fire and can get singled out very easily, especially from other siege with flaming shots. 

I really don't think this would make Ents too powerful either, so I really don't see any point in not adding it.

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #52 am: 20. Jan 2016, 21:00 »
To put it simple: Why not?
Seems rather logic and it shouldn't be such a big deal concerning general balance or gameplay of the Ents.

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
« Antwort #53 am: 20. Jan 2016, 21:37 »
Hello Edain Community!

Today I have a suggestion to do with the visuals of an aspect of Mirkwood - the wine cellars. When you build a wine cellar on the Mirkwood outpost, when you hover over the button to build, it says "heals nearby allies". It seems to do it (heal the allies, that is), but there is practically no visual cue other then the healed allies and said construct button that it is a healing structure. So, I was just wondering whether it would be possible to redo the visuals to line up more with healing structures (Radius when you click on it, blue healing aura, water sound affect)? As well, when you hover over it, could you please make it so it says "heals nearby allies"? I'm grateful its a healing structure, but I tend to forget that it is most of the time because it lacks most of the same cues.
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Jan 2016, 21:43 von VectorMaximus »
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #54 am: 20. Jan 2016, 22:21 »
Well it will be nice small aesthetic thing to do which I like and support and I hope that when the Team has time they will look into it! :-)

But to be honest,I hope you will understand me right,I think this suggestion should have been made in Brief Lorien Suggestions rather than getting whole Thread for such a small and rather cosmetic thing! :-)

Greetings and best regards! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #55 am: 20. Jan 2016, 22:42 »
Hello Edain Community!

Today I have a suggestion to do with the visuals of an aspect of Mirkwood - the wine cellars. When you build a wine cellar on the Mirkwood outpost, when you hover over the button to build, it says "heals nearby allies". It seems to do it (heal the allies, that is), but there is practically no visual cue other then the healed allies and said construct button that it is a healing structure. So, I was just wondering whether it would be possible to redo the visuals to line up more with healing structures (Radius when you click on it, blue healing aura, water sound affect)? As well, when you hover over it, could you please make it so it says "heals nearby allies"? I'm grateful its a healing structure, but I tend to forget that it is most of the time because it lacks most of the same cues.

Dáin is right, this suggestion can be easily sorted out in that specific thread  :)
I will merge this thread with the Brief Lothlórien Suggestions thread.

Spacetyrant93

« Antwort #56 am: 26. Jan 2016, 16:22 »
Just a couple little design ideas for Mirkwood:

Note: One was kind of already covered I saw, but I'll post my version

-Legolas: Could he get the hobbit costume? As he would wear his homeland's gear, and in this case it's a skirmish he's called at, rather than a quest like in FOTR, so for recruitable Legolas

And his FOTR look for Rohan's spell 'The Three Hunters', or he could get this along with Galadrim Bow, but doesn't make much sense as he was in Fellowship mode when he got that.

-I would love to see included the Silvery armor for the captains of Mirkwood
Since Lothlorien faction has no armor upgrade, these could go to the Banner Carriers. Or a level 5 unit, or whatever. Concept describes them as the captains of Mirkwood, whose costumes are halfway between common troops and Thranduil's, so the banner carriers would make sense, and the visual would be nice (kind of like how Cirith Ungol has no banners, but Orc Sniffers)

Just small visual ideas, not necessary at all, but all designs that I feel would be wasted, and could be nice if implemented.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #57 am: 26. Jan 2016, 17:45 »
There has already been a topic which deals with Legolas' armour  :)

http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31387.msg401454.html#msg401454

As you can see, it's been locked because the Edain Team has no will of implementing that armour, for now.
You can also look at Ealendril's comment to understand that the proposal was out of question.

Of course, one could also say that even the Iron Hills BOTFA design had been out of discussion for long time, and, eventually, received the approval for its implementation.
Honestly, I personally don't have anything against that armour, and I partially agree with some of the conclusions brought out in that debate, according to which the LOTR armour doesn't fit really well Legolas in his own realm, as the Prince of Mirkwood (kind of disrupting the 'conceptual continuity' of Mirkwood as a subfaction almost entirely based on the Hobbit design, apart from the current design of Legolas itself).

The problem, though, is that the thread/topic is still closed, and I don't really know if they changed idea about it.
Therefore, we should wait for an indicative response from the Edain Team regarding this matter, or, if you want, I could ask them if I can unlock the discussion in case there could be new open spaces for that same debate to take place.
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jan 2016, 17:52 von DieWalküre »

Spacetyrant93

« Antwort #58 am: 26. Jan 2016, 18:00 »
Well duh, must have missed that  xD sorry about it.

My main point was that, if put next to the others, he looks kinda..out of place maybe, but that's just my thought.

I see. Thank you really for offering, but if they don't want to hear it, there's really no point. We could try though  :P

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #59 am: 26. Jan 2016, 18:44 »
Well duh, must have missed that  xD sorry about it.

My main point was that, if put next to the others, he looks kinda..out of place maybe, but that's just my thought.

I see. Thank you really for offering, but if they don't want to hear it, there's really no point. We could try though  :P

Don't worry, you don't have to know by heart every single topic of the forum  :D
I'm here exactly to remind people of possible and significant considerations that have already been taken into consideration  :)

Yes, we could try, no one forbids it.
I think we should wait on this thread a bit for the response, and, if we don't receive answers, I will take care of informing them directly.

If they allow me, I can change a bit the title of that thread and restore it with a slightly different discussion.
Obviously, I don't promise anything; keep in mind that there are high chances that the answer will be negative too, if they didn't change idea or, especially, if they don't think that a new armour for Legolas is the current priority.

We will see...

Tentar non nuoce  ;)