21. Mai 2024, 16:37 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Lothlórien Suggestions  (Gelesen 116032 mal)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Re: Brief Lothlórien Suggestions
« Antwort #75 am: 9. Apr 2016, 18:43 »
Zitat
But I don't know where you can find adapted voice for an ent. 
Well yes......thats the current problem. [ugly]

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #76 am: 9. Apr 2016, 19:09 »
Use Groot's voice. :v

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #77 am: 9. Apr 2016, 20:18 »
I think that would be very annoying Linhir...
Word Groot repeating in infinite loop...
No thanks.  :D

Regards,
CragLord

Telperion

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #78 am: 9. Apr 2016, 20:28 »
Can you use voices from other game or is it illegal ? In dota 2 there is the treant protector and in Warcraft 3 the keeper of the groves.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #79 am: 22. Apr 2016, 04:02 »
I wanted to suggest something. Can we make it so that Caras Galadhon Guardians can pierce heavy armour via a passive ability?

I was watching Draco's latest replay upload and I was really surprised that Caras Galadhon Guardians did very little damage to upgraded Iron Hills Guardians. Really strange.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #80 am: 23. Apr 2016, 22:36 »
Iron Hills guardians have a special upgrade who increase their resistance to ranged damage by 75% if I'm not wrong...

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #81 am: 23. Apr 2016, 22:45 »
Hmm, I'm not sure if he had upgraded his guardians with the shield. I do admit that I forgot about the upgrade, so that could be the reason! Still, we are talking about Caras Galadhon Guardians, heroic units. Them having trouble to deal with upgraded default infantry seems strange to me. Or the ranged damage reduction of the shield, if responsible, could be reduced to a more reasonable 50%.

Anyway, I might have jumped too quick to a conclusion. I am going to re-check it, thanks!
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #82 am: 3. Mai 2016, 19:14 »
I noticed a while back that the Mirkwood Archers have a new ability that slows down enemies with their arrows, and their old ability (the attack speed increasing one) went to the Carn Dum Bowmen.  Does anyone else kinda did this backwards?  Because of Angmar's Ice motif and focus on Crowd Control, I think it would make sense if the Carn Dum Bowmen's Arrows slowed down enemies.  Similarly, because of how Elves have the best Archers in Middle Earth, it would make sense that the Mirkwood Archers shoot faster then others, proving their mastery of the bow.  Anyone else think this?

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #83 am: 3. Mai 2016, 19:38 »
Yes I do! I've said the exact same thing when I gave my feedback about 4.3.

"That still only counts as one!"

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #84 am: 3. Mai 2016, 20:07 »
I concur. +1

Although, I think the reason why they were switched was because Angmar had too many slows and because of Helegwen's abilities and role. Still, it would make much more sense to invert the two as well.

-DJANGO-

• Balins Schriftführer
  • I might play Unchained!
« Antwort #85 am: 4. Mai 2016, 00:36 »
+1
- THE EAGLES ARE COMING -

FedeH

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #86 am: 6. Jun 2016, 21:01 »
Hello everybody, yesterday playing as lorien, i had an idea regarding the mist power. Right now it feels pretty useless, as it just conceals friendly units, but what's the point in concealing them when the enemy knows they are there? it kinds of defeats the original spirit of an ambush.
I thought that instead of hiding friendly units, it could work as a healing power, but not like the one from dwarves or gondor, but like a fountain, it stays 30 or 45 seconds (balance wise, could also need to be out of combat) and heals gradually. This does not break the balance of the faction, as lothlorien has a lot of healing options, it just helps the faction early game when you don't have the money to buy banner carriers or don't have your sanctuary upgraded (also useful when you take a pause attacking with mirkwood units and don't want to go back to your base to heal them)

What do you think?

Idrial12

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #87 am: 7. Jun 2016, 10:10 »
+1
Viele Frauen wissen nicht, was sie wollen, aber sie sind fest entschlossen, es zu bekommen.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #88 am: 7. Jun 2016, 11:37 »
I understand the point of your suggestion, FedeH, but it doesn't convince me completely.

First of all, as you wrote yourself, Lothlórien already has multiple healing features as its own game mechanics, and adding another one might likely end up being too redundant and quite unnecessary (if not inappropriate for balance-related reasons).

It's true, the healing properties of Radagast and, in particular, Eärendil's Enchanted Ship (Vingilótë or Vingilot) can't obviously be used in the early phase. The faction, thus, is exactly provided with the very useful Safe Refuge, which grants a total coverage in your castle, and the healing effects of the Wine Cellars too (speaking about Mirkwood). In addition to that, I would really like to address another fundamental aspect that you seemed to have left out of your reasoning (I think): Lothlórien's Border Guards and Galadhrim are already endowed with additional healing enhancements via the significant Lembas Bread passive feature, which exactly allows them to recover while they are inactive (or, in this case, covered by the sacred Mist). Of course, this option is available once you level up, but it's undoubtedly more advantageous than the sole banner carrier alone.

Furthermore, may I also deal with another important lore-based aspect referred to the said spell. I too think that Mist of the Golden Wood (by the way, the previous title of the spell was changed as I proposed the current more lore accurate name) could be made slightly more valuable. For example, Tolkien wrote that Galadriel sent once a magical mist to protect Eorl (the ancestor of the Rohirrim) from the shadows of Dol Guldur, centuries before the actual War of the Ring; therefore, we could focus on the protective/defensive nature of the Mist of the Golden Wood and think about some suitable defensive bonuses that the spell could additionally offer. This is nonetheless my own personal opinion, and there definitely are other priorities at the moment. Nevertheless, if someone has something to propose, I am more than interested to know other people's thoughts  :)

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #89 am: 7. Jun 2016, 12:53 »
I personally like the Mist, however, but in terms of balance, I really have trouble telling whether or not the enemy can see my units for any sort of Stealth Ability.  The effect for invisibility doesn't stand out very much.  So if there is a way to make it stand out more, I'm all for that.  But maybe it just me that has trouble with stealthed units  :D

Other then that, I think the mist is fine.  There really isn't a secondary effect is fitting.  Though maybe it would be cool if once Galadriel is on the field, the mist is able to move slowly.  A little extra showcase of Galadriel's power  ;)