16. Apr 2024, 14:06 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Lothlórien Suggestions  (Gelesen 111643 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Brief Lothlórien Suggestions
« Antwort #165 am: 30. Jan 2018, 01:49 »
Albeit my eternal love for the Valar, which is, in Galadriel's words, as deep as the abysses of the ocean, I disagree with this suggestion: the spell is perhaps both the most iconic one and the most basic among the other spells, in guise of a very canonical reminder of the beginning of BFME1. Therefore, I would say that this sort of duality of Elven Wood would demand that its title be kept as it is, clear and simple. Furthermore, Yavanna's power is theoretically present in anything green and growing on earth, and in this precise case she's not directly involved or there are not really the proper conditions which could justify her intervention either. Finally, may I say that Elves are the very race that is meant to heal Arda and cure its wounds, by the taking care and nurturing of the actual environment. That's why, being the game set in the late Third Age, I would like more if the spell's own name retained a more Elves-related character (in the most literal of the senses).

Besides, I have already proposed something more interesting for the spellbook, internally. Hopefully, it might find a way in the game and would truly be a brilliant lore reference. From the oldest tales of the lore, which are the ones I enjoy the most ;)

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #166 am: 22. Jan 2019, 21:03 »
Cosmetic and lore suggestion:

To remove Legolas Rohan's armor from Lothlorien (and probably also from Imladris)

He wears it only during the Helm's deep battle. Visually such harsh armor doesn't fit to Woodland realm where all Elf lords wear fancy armors. Also he is supposed to be agile elf, moving under the trees, who doesn't necessarily need armor.
His Rohan's armor fits only to Rohan, not only visually but also logically - he is melee hero there.

My suggestion: just remove it and keep model without it.  ;)

« Letzte Änderung: 25. Jan 2019, 00:21 von Tiberius Ogden »

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #167 am: 23. Jan 2019, 23:25 »
I agree. Helm Deep's armor is not fit for Legolas in Imladris and Lorien/Mirkwood.
It will be perfect if he has three type of appearance:
  • Rohan: Legolas with his armor from Helm Deep
  • Imladris: Legolas witnout armor
  • Lorien/Mirkwood: Legolas with his armor from hobbit movie or withnout armor

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #168 am: 25. Jan 2019, 00:07 »
  • Rohan: Legolas with his armor from Helm Deep
  • Imladris: Legolas witnout armor
  • Lorien/Mirkwood: Legolas with his armor from hobbit movie or withnout armor

It would make him unique and different across factions, it's clear, but I doubt that we'll ever see his DOS armor. Honestly I still don't know if I like that design ...  8-| I am maybe too used to his clothes without armor, which highlight his agility and speed.

And mainly because of lack in Graphic department, I'm proposing only simple removal of Rohan's armor from Lorien's model of Legolas, that's all.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #169 am: 25. Jan 2019, 00:39 »
I agree with removing his armour and I would love to see that WETA concept in the game, too. Hopefully, the graphics department will someday take up the task :)

On a similar note, the present undersigned, the 'mini-graphics department of MU', will craft new icon pictures for Legolas. You know, after all these pivotal changes, I've come to dislike his BFME cartoonish icons. I think I know where to find the appropriate material.

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
« Antwort #170 am: 25. Jan 2019, 16:36 »
I agree on removing his armor for Lorien. For Rohan it is fitting well, I think.
Zitat
Imladris: Legolas witnout armor
How can Imladris get Legolas? I'm a bit confused now^^

best regardes
Seleukos I.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #171 am: 25. Jan 2019, 16:41 »
How can Imladris get Legolas? I'm a bit confused now^^

Did you try to give Elrond The One Ring? :P

Edit: Picture conviced me to remove his armor in Imladris, too. He is only member of the Fellowship who wears armor. It doesn't fit, cause others wear relatively light clothes.

So keep Rohan's armor only in Rohan, where belongs, after all. ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Jan 2019, 16:50 von Tiberius Ogden »

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
« Antwort #172 am: 25. Jan 2019, 16:51 »
oh, the ring^^
I forgot that completely.
Thanks for the answer :)
And I agree, he shouldn't wear an armor as a member of the Fellowship.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #173 am: 5. Mär 2019, 00:07 »
In joyous spirit I hereby present you the reworked ability icons of Legolas of Mirkwood, grand prince of the Woodland Kingdom and skilled bow-master.

Zitat
LEGOLAS

Level 1: Knife Fighter - Legolas fights with his knives for a short time, gaining + 20% armour.

Level 3: Hawk Strike - Legolas fires a pair of arrows which splinter on contact and damage enemies near the sight of impact.

Level 5: Elven Eye -  Legolas has the keen sight of the Elves, and he can spy enemies over huge distances. Legolas will temporarily gain + 50% sight range and + 25% weapon range and armour. The ability will also reveal hidden enemies. (Cannot be used while using Knife Fighter)

Level 7: Train Archers - Legolas is a capable marksman and can train other archers to fight better. Targeted archers gain experience.

Level 10: Arrow Wind - Legolas launches a continuous volley of arrows.

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
« Antwort #174 am: 5. Mär 2019, 16:54 »
I really like this new icons. Only the one of "Train Archers" might be a bit small or difficult to define what it is, when you just see it ingame.
But in general I'm in favor of this icons :)

best regardes
Seleukos I.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #175 am: 5. Mär 2019, 20:08 »
Nice addition. I like it. I would suggest changing Hawk Strike as well, proposing such images:

About the Training archers, well, no image of legolas would fit anyways so it is either this or such:
Well it's not the Mirkwood Archers but still, he can "Train"any archers.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #176 am: 7. Mär 2019, 22:21 »
Thank you all for the nice, kind words :)

I had thought about changing Hawk Strike, too. The problem is that any suitable picture would more or less resemble his ultimate ability's icon. Plus, the current BFME image has always been one of the most recognisable ones of the game; if I have to tell, it's also quite fitting for the scope: proper angle and clear definition. I don't personally mind retaining it.

As for Train Archers, it's true that we have so few scenes that would fit. The alternative you have proposed, set in Helm's Deep, could be as viable, if only it didn't depict Lórien archers. I wanted his power set to be as Mirkwood-centred as possible. I believe the present choice is thereby the most logical.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #177 am: 8. Mär 2019, 20:35 »
I see. What about using the picture where the archers are acually firing arrows (the one from bofa) or you find this one more suitable?

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #178 am: 9. Mär 2019, 19:55 »

It's great progress from current cartoonish pictures! I am for every change like this in the game. As long as someone is willing to create and implement them, of course. xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #179 am: 9. Mär 2019, 23:03 »
I see. What about using the picture where the archers are acually firing arrows (the one from bofa) or you find this one more suitable?

I've tried with something similar in the past, but every result, quite unexpectedly, did not look very convincing. I personally prefer the chosen rendition; moreover, the image depicts a rather ordinary situation, in which archers seem to be standing in line and receiving orders. That is, a sort of training scenario. At the end of the day, it appears to be a sound choice :)