28. Apr 2024, 01:40 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Overall balance impressions on Lothlorien & Mirkwood  (Gelesen 3187 mal)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Good night fellow Edainers,

I had a few issues I stumbled upon when playing with or against Lothlorien, and some of the upcoming points have already been mentioned before by fellow Edainers. I tried shifting tactics to deal with these issues, but in vain so far (4 games so far, 1 Gondor, 1 Mordor, 2 Isengard). The nature of these balance issues is such, that there is no different result depending on the faction I play with. I am aware that the faction is still somewhat in an early stage of balance, so hiccups are naturally present, but they would need addressment as soon as possible if only for the health of the competitive environment of the mod. Please be aware that this is not a rant or anything of the sort, but a global observation from both watching and playing with and against the new faction.

Although before I do that, I wanted to say that I enjoy most of the mechanics you gave to Lothlorien's units, and that the majority of the infantry and heroes feel accurate and  are fun to use. Most of the standard units for both Lorien and Mirkwood have a variety of tactics and strategies to offer, so well done in that regard!

However, when it comes to the heroes and a certain unit, I sincerely believe that work has to be done. I would not say you dropped the ball on them, but you were close if it was up to me to say.

Now, on to points of constructive criticism I present including the corresponding suggestions underneath:

Thoughts on Lothlorien's remaining heroes:

That is it so far. I hope you will take the time to read my concerns as it took me some time to make this post. As it stands, I enjoy playing with Lothlorien, but playing against the faction has been a frustrating experience for me so far, something which I haven't had that much with other factions.

I look forward to your thoughts!

Kind regards,

Odysseus
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: Overall balance impressions on Lothlorien & Mirkwood
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Nov 2015, 07:13 »
Beornings and Grimbeorn
Yes, true to the bijillionth power

Thranduil & Wine Cellar Hero cost reduction
I'd suggest to merge those two into a single suggestion. So maybe a small combined nerf of both.

Hawk Strike
+1 for the nerf

Galadriel
She's pretty nice and well designed. If I wasn't trying to take over the whole of Middle Earth to plunge it into an era of darkness and ràise the ancient kingdom of Angmar I'd probably go have a little chat with her in Lorien.

Haldir
I don't think he should get an price boost. He isn't as good as Lurtz.

Celeborn
No price boost, maybe simply a little damage nerf, but the fact that he gets taken down quickly balances out his mighty power.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 11. Nov 2015, 10:37 »
I am wonder....why did i exactly create this thread? ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 11. Nov 2015, 11:27 »
Odysseus, the Balance Discussion threads aim exactly to convey and gather all the possible opinions and impressions as yours in a single place, to keep a moderate order in a Section and to ensure a widest debate possible about balance, regarding a particular faction  :)

Unfortunately, I can't lock threads yet in this Section  [ugly]
But, I sincerely suggest you copy and paste your previous posts in the right and suitable thread  ;)