28. Mär 2024, 15:47 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Lothlórien Balance Discussion  (Gelesen 97212 mal)

-DJANGO-

• Balins Schriftführer
  • I might play Unchained!
Re: Lothlórien Balance Discussion
« Antwort #165 am: 26. Jan 2017, 16:36 »
I would agree with Star of Earendil to 5 %.
I'm against Elbereth Gilthoniel Nerf due to the high CD and only 30 sec. Effect.

- THE EAGLES ARE COMING -

Sawman

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #166 am: 27. Jan 2017, 15:20 »
I think the weather power should be nerfed a bit because it basically makes your base impossible to attack and makes your hero's very tanky and I have seen it stun units, I'd argue it's the best weather affect in the game considering that most other affects just stun and if you have fear resistance of any kind it is just a waste of 6 power points.

Another spell book power I'd like to see massively nerfed is the boat, it's basically an invincibility which Lorien already has plus it counters every other 10 point power in the game, it also has this dumb affect where if it's over an enemy army you can't see nor control that army anymore until the boat is gone which in most cases your army has died before the boat is even gone which brings me to my next point that it lasts way to long for what it does.

It is just insane the things this boat can do and it can't be countered in anyway. Only very few things can kill the units under the boat but they won't kill everything under the boat

Anyway just some thoughts

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #167 am: 27. Jan 2017, 15:25 »
Vingilot will get nerfed.

Darkness gives all your units on the entire map a damage boost for several minutes, Freezing Rain completely negates any leaderships. Both of those are way stronger than Elbereth imo, since fear resistance counters the stun spells as you already said.
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Jan 2017, 18:01 von Elendils Cousin 3. Grades »

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #168 am: 27. Jan 2017, 17:52 »
Effect wise, Darkness and Freezing Rain are definitely stronger then Elbereth Githoniel.  The problem is both of those can be canceled out by another weather effect, while Elbereth Gilthoniel is short but strong, can't be canceled out as far as I know, and has a much shorter cooldown because of Light of the White Lady (Yes Mordor and Angmar can get spellbook reductions too, but that is at the cost of other buildings, and other factions have nothing like that).   

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #169 am: 2. Feb 2017, 09:50 »
That feels like very drastic of a measure, especially adding in the lifesteal. Also don't forget that the Isengard Berserker is locked behind 2.5k of research cost. Making them better them berserker will just push them back in the OP zone, especially with the changes you've proposed.

In my eyes, a slight buff in damage or some other offensive stats should be plenty enough.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #170 am: 3. Feb 2017, 19:31 »
Oh no. No. No. No. No. No.
I think lifesteal is one of these mechanics that are a horrible idea in Edain, considering how much of a brawl it can become. It makes certain units completely impossible to kill in melee by non-heroes and that is usually a really bad idea. (More precisely: Units without high single target damage can't do that.)
Apart from that, I don't get why Beornings would have lifesteal. It's not like they are vampiric in nature, which at least makes this feature able to be explained for e.g. barrow wights.
And last but not least: I think, there are tons of free parameters for improving Beornings -also indirectly, as the house has some quite interesting mechanics. (Are the bee-swarms still a thing, by the way?)

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

Captain Jin

• Bilbos Festgast
  • By the blood of our people is your land kept safe.
« Antwort #171 am: 8. Apr 2017, 17:24 »
So yesterday was playing against Lothlorien AI in a casual 1v1 just for fun and learning about factions I rarely play. Was playing as Rohan and had a level 4 Theoden and a level 3 Gamling in my base defending against a level 1 Grimbeorn. Both were killed with Grimbeorn losing less than half his health. I've yet to be able to replicate this with AI because they simply won't spawn Grimbeorn and at the moment no friends are online for me to test. If someone could confirm this as a thing, I think that'd give this thread a pretty good talking point, haha. I'm going to trying making a map and replicating the incident in the meantime.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #172 am: 8. Apr 2017, 23:59 »
Grimbeorn has a really powerful damage buff he can apply to himself, so it makes sense. Everything working as intended there.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

chasemm18

• Hobbit
« Antwort #173 am: 31. Mai 2017, 19:14 »
Hi! Sorry this is in English, I was curious if there was any way to edit or adjust the cost of upgrades using the edain mod, I love the mod but some of the upgrade costs are insane!! 700 for silverthorn arrows for each group of archers is nuts! I would love if it if i could adjust that to make it 300.

any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #174 am: 31. Mai 2017, 19:27 »
Hi! Sorry this is in English, I was curious if there was any way to edit or adjust the cost of upgrades using the edain mod, I love the mod but some of the upgrade costs are insane!! 700 for silverthorn arrows for each group of archers is nuts! I would love if it if i could adjust that to make it 300.

any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

Hello. Welcome to Modding Union. Of course, you may surely post suggestions, advices or your general thoughts on a given matter; but this must be done in the balance-related suggestion boards of the forum. I will move this topic there and merge it with the general suggestion thread.

Besides, I find the cost of silver-thorn arrows very just for the case. Their effectiveness is simply amazing. I once managed to exterminate a full-armoured army of Rivendell, just with these miraculous thorns xD

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #175 am: 31. Mai 2017, 21:07 »
Not exactly the right thread if you just want to edit it for your own fun, but so far as balance goes: Keep in mind that silverthorns are also twice as good as other archer upgrades like fire arrows.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #176 am: 31. Mai 2017, 21:52 »
My fault. I thought that his question was a general request for balance changes. Then, topics concerning codes can be dealt with in the Modding Corner section, if that is the purpose.

Mr.Todd

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #177 am: 27. Jan 2020, 20:44 »
Hello, I don't know if it's me or not but I think that the Ash Ents are too strong against farms, in two hits they can destroy an economic building outside the castle. they are great and usefull but maybe you should nerf them a little.

Aiphaton

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Don't look back. You're not going that way.
« Antwort #178 am: 12. Feb 2020, 13:28 »
Hello together,

another statement I'd like to make in regard of balance.

This time it is about Lorien. Lots of changes between 4.4.1 and 4.5 make for a way more interesting (and very nicely designed) Lorien.

However after playing with and also against them a few times I discovered some issues that might have to be adressed in order to restore a general balance.
There are some feature which make Lorien way stronger as a faction as in 4.4.1, but there are also a few things I'd like to adress which make for a negativ or even frustrating gameplay as Lorien.

1. Refuge in the woods.
I really like this one. A tree being summoned a spell upon to bring benefit for own units. BUT the big downside is that it heals units while it's indestructible (if not by the hard counter for it: workers and/or units which trample trees).
Now by the experience I made as of now, this spell is often used very agressively to secure critical parts of the map, or is even summoned right infront of the opponent's base. But fighting against Lorien next to that tree is basically suicide due to the high healing and restoration rate.
This makes this tier 2 spell with two needed spellpoints more important than the central spell, which is pretty much rendered useless and often unused due to refuge in the woods.
 -> As for a possible solution I'd like to suggest a simple buff for armor (since Lorien lacks armor mostly) while fighting in the refuge of the woods. This would also suite the Lore, since Elfs are fighting on known territory, knowing the advantages which gives them a buff of perhaps 20% armor. A permanently summoned armor buff makes for a great experience since the goal for the Lorien-Player is to steer fights into the direction of those trees. Through the long debounce time it's also not possible for it to be summoned everywhere all the time.
The central spell could be extended by the healing ability once the hearttree reachs it's highest level. The perks to that: It can also be destroyed and it gets even more important to take care of the tree. In order for that change the necessary spellpoints might be raised from 3 to 5.

2. The arrowvolley:
Perhaps I am mistaken, but seemingly this ability ignores heavy armor. It shouldn't do that imo. On top of that the ability needs a slightly longer notice since off host players can't dodge the spell when playing vs a host player.

3. As much as I like the longer recruitement time of heroes which high CP, as Lorien this is a double edged sword. For example if Celeborn dies and you recruit him again, he takes a very long time to arrive. During this time the citadel can't produce any units. Since PVP's all about spending your money continiously this pretty much breaks the game since you can't afford to lose units during the recruitment time of whichever hero is being produced.

-> In this case I would propose to have heroes produced in the sanctuary. First of all that building is hardly used, but now necessary due to the CP Upgrade, and second to that the Hero-Recruitment could be dragged into that building for the exact same reason as the CP-Upgrade was put into the sanctuary.

4. I also dislike the instant defeat when the Lorien Citadel falls. Baserush and a simple push for one building is becoming a strategy vs Lorien which is rather stupid, especially in a game where units clumped around buildings are very hard to counter, even with a bigger force.

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #179 am: 12. Feb 2020, 14:21 »
Refuge in the woods is getting substantial nerfs to its healing power and a minor redesign for 4.5.1 that should make offensive uses (as in "I'll put this right in front of your base") nearly impossible.