28. Mär 2024, 10:17 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Lothlórien Balance Discussion  (Gelesen 97191 mal)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: Lothlórien Balance Discussion
« Antwort #150 am: 25. Mai 2016, 20:37 »
I don't agree Eagle damage against Heroes is too much.  Getting Eagles does cost 7 power points, which isn't cheap at all, and they have a short time limit.  I think it is reasonable for them to do the damage they do now.  Also remember that while any flying unit is attacking a Hero, they do not deal damage to anything around the Hero.

^^ +1
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #151 am: 28. Sep 2016, 01:54 »
Was I the only one who laughed about this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpcpabDS_8Y

What do you think of it balance-wise? I'm kind of torn, on the one hand, it's not that difficult to avoid it if you have a mouse and working fingers, but on the other hand, once you bunch up, which is what happens usually later into the game, you get mauled. Thoughts?
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #152 am: 28. Sep 2016, 02:02 »
I never thought he was that strong! Don't know if he is overpowered or not, but killing 14 hordes of Gondor Swordsmen... Imagine if he were to face Mordor Orcs  :D I guess I'll be using Legolas more from now on!

Sawman

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #153 am: 28. Sep 2016, 04:47 »
Legolas still isn't very good, the video only shows him against basics without upgrades without any heroes with them, legolas loses to most heroes because of the way he is set up being only able to melee attack for a short time and you can just run away from this ability so no he's not overpowered he's underpowered if anything

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #154 am: 28. Sep 2016, 05:42 »
Legolas still isn't very good, the video only shows him against basics without upgrades without any heroes with them, legolas loses to most heroes because of the way he is set up being only able to melee attack for a short time and you can just run away from this ability so no he's not overpowered he's underpowered if anything
^This. He gets wrecked by most heroes, and troops with leadership/upgrades as you are likely to have late game can wreck him. I think he just needs a boost to arrow damage and a small cost decrease to be made useful.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #155 am: 28. Sep 2016, 10:42 »
That's true! You can walk away from it, so in truth he is not overpowered at all, but if the player (or the AI) makes the mistake of not retiring their troops, it is quite useful. Agree about his arrow damage and his cost though, this is just a temporary ability and can be easily avoided, but at range he is not that great. Everytime I encounter him (When playing against AI), he gets so easily killed because he cannot finish my units before they get to him (and AI almost never walks away, except with Siege units).
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Sep 2016, 10:46 von Julio229 »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #156 am: 28. Sep 2016, 13:48 »
Well, he IS a mass slayer. It's like saying Gandalf's WoP is OP. Legolas will be taken down by most heroes even those much cheaper than him. Agree with Kryptik's suggestions.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

DaGeggo

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
  • A subba Sach!
« Antwort #157 am: 28. Sep 2016, 17:17 »
I dont think that making him strogner is necessary; if the enemies reach him, you can just activate his first ability and they get slayn extremely fast. Have you tried riders? Its really annoying... especially bacause of him levelling so fast. The last boost he got gave him the right strength, I think.

Geh nun und stirb auf die Weise, die dir die beste deucht.

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #158 am: 28. Sep 2016, 18:10 »
I am for having Legolas deal more range damage, though not too big of increase due to his incredibly high attack range and speed. 

I don't agree with a price decrease though.  He already cost around 1300 with 3 Wine Cellars bought, which is something most of people do already, due to how much money they make when upgraded.

calixoxx

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #159 am: 12. Jan 2017, 03:43 »
I agree with most here: Lorien is extremely strong late game and has essentially no counters.

. Haldirs arrow recharges way too quickly. Either his stun ability OR Galadriel's stun ability need to be at higher lvls???

. I would like to see trample immunity debuffed or done away with, as this is Lorien's only real potential counter and it's eliminated so easily. Maybe decrease it's range?

. Legolas' knives is way too strong. He needs an overall debuff.

I would like to see the Lorien fort's defensive archer range decreased as well, it's impossible to siege. Conversely, a camp without silverthornes is extremely vulnerable to 2-3 ram rush, which is silly. And the bug that auto-defeats if a camp citadel is destroyed makes this worse.

I do believe ents are a little too strong. Their HP is crazy and the range is crazier. Yes I get the price, but they are easily spammed, they camouflage in the forest, and you can't touch them with unupgraded units.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #160 am: 12. Jan 2017, 21:09 »
Yes, Lorien is a bit problematic at the current time.

Haldir's Golden Arrow has some nerfs coming in the next patch.

I would also like to see trample immunity done away with and Palace Guards nerfed, Lorien's weakness should be cavalry.

Legolas Knives are fine. Just because he can wreck unupgraded soldiers does not mean he can do the same thing to an upgraded army, supported by heroes. He has practically no army, and gets destroyed by enemy heroes in close.

Beyond the camp bug, I see no problem with Lorien's defences. By the time they have fully upgraded silverthorn archers and towers, you have siege. The biggest problem is the Caras Galadhons, who can outrange siege when put on a platform. I think their range should be brought down a bit.

Ents are indeed too strong right now. I think their weakness should be upgraded arrows, which it currently is, and heroes. The problem is certain damage types deal nothing to them, namely Angmar Ice Arrows and Isengard Steel Bolts. Most other factions can handle them ok with upgraded arrows though, so they really just need to take more damage from Isengard and Angmar, and heroes in general, and they'll be ok I think.

calixoxx

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #161 am: 15. Jan 2017, 02:42 »
Yes, Lorien is a bit problematic at the current time.

Haldir's Golden Arrow has some nerfs coming in the next patch.

I would also like to see trample immunity done away with and Palace Guards nerfed, Lorien's weakness should be cavalry.

Legolas Knives are fine. Just because he can wreck unupgraded soldiers does not mean he can do the same thing to an upgraded army, supported by heroes. He has practically no army, and gets destroyed by enemy heroes in close.

Beyond the camp bug, I see no problem with Lorien's defences. By the time they have fully upgraded silverthorn archers and towers, you have siege. The biggest problem is the Caras Galadhons, who can outrange siege when put on a platform. I think their range should be brought down a bit.

Ents are indeed too strong right now. I think their weakness should be upgraded arrows, which it currently is, and heroes. The problem is certain damage types deal nothing to them, namely Angmar Ice Arrows and Isengard Steel Bolts. Most other factions can handle them ok with upgraded arrows though, so they really just need to take more damage from Isengard and Angmar, and heroes in general, and they'll be ok I think.

Heros? Ents wreck heros. Especially Quickbeam  :o

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #162 am: 16. Jan 2017, 01:16 »
I don't think you read my post correctly, I said that ents SHOULD take more damage from heroes, I didn't say they are countered by heroes currently.

Also, Quickbeam is a hero himself, like Treebeard, so its not really fair to compare them to standard ents.

calixoxx

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #163 am: 16. Jan 2017, 02:25 »
I was saying he is fast and heros cannot run away from him as easily as other ents.  :D :D :D :D

Regardless, I am happy to see we agree here.

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #164 am: 26. Jan 2017, 15:18 »
Those 2 spells are to strong currently at this moment can i  suggest to nerf them a little ?
Elbereth Gilthoniel to 50% and Star of Earendil to 5%