19. Apr 2024, 22:05 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Game crash + bugs : war of the ring  (Gelesen 6745 mal)

Garrosh

• Hobbit
Game crash + bugs : war of the ring
« am: 9. Nov 2015, 17:33 »
Hello !
I came here cause of two particular problems occuring duing a war of the ring game.

The first one randomly crash edain for no reason and after a totally random amount of minutes. By the way, I already uninstalled both the mod and the game as suggested in the support section. Indeed, it worked for skirmish but no for the war of the ring.

However, the biggest problem comes here : I just can't claim major build plot when I get the RTS part of war of the ring (even when I fight in a land where I built a citadel. The point is that on some maps a major build plot is the only build plot where you can develop yourself. Either there is no other build plot, either there are only some single build plot (which are pretty useless to raise an army !).

Well, that's it, thanks for caring and if a modder has read that I'd be glad if he could answer just to make sure that my emergency call has been heard ! :D

Have a nice day ! =)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: Game crash + bugs : war of the ring
« Antwort #1 am: 9. Nov 2015, 19:00 »
1. Probably because the engine is overstressed, use lower settings to solve this.

2. Update the mod. The bug was solved in patches a few months ago. But you also should NOT build your army in the skirmish. All big plots were replaced with outposts, because we want you to fight in the skirmish, while you use the middleearth map to build your army.
We don't want people to attack an area with 2 units and bult about 50 units in the skirmish. Additionally this was very frustrating when there were 6 players on a 2 player map and 2 players just got fortresses instant and the other 4 got nothing. That's just frustrating, as you can't do anything.^^

Garrosh

• Hobbit
« Antwort #2 am: 10. Nov 2015, 13:46 »
First of all, thanks for answering.

My engine can run ark with high settings in multiplayer so I don't think that's the problem (however I'm not a good computer engineer^^).

I got your point let me clarify mine (All the questions are realted to the war of the ring gamemode) :

Building up your army in skirmish was indeed op, but you could just allow maps to have build plot so you can still raise your army that won't be considered after the skirmish is done.

I mean this game isn't complex enough to make an army-only focused game (like total war) so you could still let the 3-slot build plot in to help you win the skirmish with an army which is deleted once the skirmish is done (then you shouldnt make the treasury drop but that doesnt matter as this game isn't done yet).

Secondly you could also allow a player to build on a major buildplot if he owns the territory and placed a citadel on it. I find a bit disappointed that the structures you've made aren't considered once in game.

Finally, i was wondering if it was meant to make sauron a general in the war of the ring ? Cause that makes all the fights way harder for mordor when you're fighting with the mouth of sauron for example.

Well, from what I've played of your game, these are the only things that disappointed me so far.

(No offense, this post is all about questions/suggestions, I'm not trying to tell you you're unskilled, I can't do 1/10000 of what you've done).
Again thanks for reading and taking care of your players, that's amazing !

P.S : Oh and I forgot : is it intentional that even "hard" of "medium" bot stand still with their army waiting me to kick their ass in peace ?
P.S² : May I ask a last question ? If yes, does the auto resolve still calculate like it did previously ? Cause I sometimes loose tons of unit on dol guldur for instance. Or is it a way to encourage people to resolve their battle only with the rts mode ?

Hey it's me again !

I'm posting again because I encountered another bug =)

I won a game where I destroyed all the enemies building and killed all there units but I can't get my victory credited.
I took a print screen to show you (As you can see I had time to claim every build plot and I put armies on every corner of the map in case there would be some enemy units that didnt get to the map yet (happened once).
What should I do ? (its the second time it happens to me in a war of the ring =/).

Note : I don't know how to send you my screen shot as the only authorized files are replays :/
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Nov 2015, 18:53 von Ealendril »

imshrike

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 9. Jan 2016, 17:40 »
I found the same problem, the reason is that some enemy units remain stuck in the borders of the map, sometimes impossible to kill. For this reason is impossible to have the victory credited.