28. Mär 2024, 16:43 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Which series of battles appeals to you most?

Invasion of Rohan
14 (15.2%)
Siege of Gondor
13 (14.1%)
Resurrection of Angmar
10 (10.9%)
Invasion of the Elven Havens
8 (8.7%)
Assault of the Easterlings
14 (15.2%)
Recapture of Ered Mithrin
13 (14.1%)
Liberation of Gundabad
6 (6.5%)
Assault on Sauron
11 (12%)
Fury of the Haradrim
3 (3.3%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 87

Autor Thema: Fredius War of the Ring Mission Maps  (Gelesen 59737 mal)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Fredius War of the Ring Mission Maps
« am: 11. Nov 2015, 21:04 »
Greetings everyone :),
I haven't done any mapping for quite a while now, so I thought let's give it a try again. Altough I mostly made regular skirmish maps, my specialty lies in making mission maps who are fully scripted, like in the campaigns. I decided to start with a series of maps, where you command a great army to fight against another great army. Many of my maps will become like a Total War battle, but in the future I will also make ambush missions or sieges who will have a background in the lore too. It will be all about fighting, and (mostly) no building xD!

I will list all my maps within spoiler tabs:

I hope you like my maps, and I surely will make more similair maps in the future! Ofcourse I am always open for suggestions, so if you have an idea on how to make the battles even better, don't hesitate to tell me :)!

I also made a poll. I want to see which battles people would prefer. I don't guarantee though that the series of battles with the most votes will get priority over all the others, but I might do it far sooner then I have planned to.

I included a list of planned battles. Note that "E" stands for Evil, meaning that the player will play the Evil Forces in this scenario. "G" stands for Good, meaning that the player will play with the Good Forces in this scenario:

Zitat
Invasion of Rohan - Fords of Isen (E)
Invasion of Rohan - Eaves of Fangorn (G)
Invasion of Rohan - Helms Deep (G)
Invasion of Rohan - Isengard (G)

Siege of Gondor - Cair Andros (E)
Siege of Gondor - Osgiliath (E)
Siege of Gondor - Ithilien (E)
Siege of Gondor - Pelargir (G)
Siege of Gondor - Minas Tirith (G)

Battle Under the Trees - Old Forest Road (E)
Battle Under the Trees - Mirkwood (G)
Battle Under the Trees - Lothlorien (G)
Battle Under the Trees - Dol Guldur (G)

Resurrection of Angmar - Angmar (E)
Resurrection of Angmar - Weathertop (E)
Resurrection of Angmar - Eregion (G)
Resurrection of Angmar - Carn Dum (G)

Invasion of the Elven Havens - Mithlond (G)

Assault of the Easterlings - Lake-town (E)
Assault of the Easterlings - Iron Hills (G)
Assault of the Easterlings - Dale (G)

Fury of the Haradrim - Poros (E)
Fury of the Haradrim - Tolfalas (E)
Fury of the Haradrim - Dol Amroth (G)

Recapture of Ered Mithrin - Exterior (G)
Recapture of Ered Mithrin - Interior (G)

Reclamation of Gundabad - Exterior (G)
Reclamation of Gundabad - Interior (G)

Assault on Sauron - Minas Morgul (G)
Assault on Sauron - Black Gate (G)

All crossed names are maps that are done. Green marked names are what I'm working on at the moment.

The_Necromancer0 made an article about my maps on the Edain Wiki, it features tips on how to play my maps (which I never thought of [ugly]) and a little description of every map. Thank you very much The_Necromancer0!

http://edain.wikia.com/wiki/Massive_Armies_Mission_Map_Series
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Okt 2022, 03:31 von Fredius »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Fredius Mission Maps
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Nov 2015, 21:33 »
I would also like to thank LordDainIronfoot and CragLord for testing my map and providing support, these guys are the best!

Yes, they are great, and I would obviously include you, Fredius, among them.
You are such skilled and nice guys, I'm very glad that you are part of this Community  ;)

I believe that this precious work of yours surely deserves a bit of 'advertisement' on ModDB.
Many could definitely go crazy reading about the Mirkwood Spearmen  :P

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #2 am: 11. Nov 2015, 21:59 »
Thank you very much my friend, ofcourse you belong to that list too xD!

I'm sure the people on moddB will be very happy, and indeed go crazy :D, when they see that they finally have an opportunity to play with these awesome models, thanks man.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #3 am: 11. Nov 2015, 22:17 »
Thank you for the credit my friend but I haven't done anything worth mentioning! :) I gree completely with WalkureYou did all the hard work and I must say you did and astonishing work with thise Map! :)

I had really much fun slaughtering the the Guldur Armies :D :D Really great Map which gives you a way to enjoy Movie Feeling Battle similar to the One during WOTR and with the awesome WETA Models,and scne you even added the Mirkwood Spearman then the fasn will be ableto play with the full Royal Army of Mirkwood under the comamnd of the Elvenking Thranduil of the Woodland Realm! :)

Really great job my friend,congrats about it and rescpect and I think i will be sayung this from the name of all fans when I say we are eager to your other Mission Maps which will bring us a lot of joy! :)

Greetings and best regards from the Lord ofthe Iron Hills! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #4 am: 11. Nov 2015, 22:42 »
I am glad you like it my friend :), and yes you deserve the credit because your enthusiasm of my work motivates me xD.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 12. Nov 2015, 15:37 »
It was so good to experience this huge battle mode (my PC cried, but it was worthy). xD :D
Map is very nice, and I really enjoyed playing with those Mirkwood spearmen units. They are so good looking models.
Thanks for giving us credit Fredius, but as Dain have said, we haven't done nothing special to deserve it. xD
Again, very nice job Fredius! :) I also hope you will make more of this Mission Maps, so we can enjoy playing them. :)

Greetings friend

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #6 am: 12. Nov 2015, 18:50 »
Thanks man :). Yes I'll look into fixing the lag, it's pretty annoyong sometimes. Removing the UI by pressing F9 makes it lag a lot less, see it as a temporary solution ;).

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #7 am: 2. Jan 2016, 00:11 »
UPDATED THE FIRST POST

Hello everyone!

I've updated my last mission map with a lot of improvements. Most important thing is that I made the map bigger; for a very important reason ofcourse. The map of the previous version was 300x300 big, now it is 450x450 (which means it's been made bigger by half). The map looks like this right now:

Reason for making the map bigger is so that I can spread the army of Mirkwood into three seperate places. This reduces lag a lot! And it gave me room to add different kind of events during the battle. I won't spoil anything so you must see for yourself what I mean, but here is already a preview:

I hope you like the map, and if there is any suggestion you want to make don't hesitate! Also don't forget to remove my previous version if you have it! The new map is renamed to "Battle Under the Trees - Mirkwood" to historically tie the map to the lore.

http://www.moddb.com/games/battle-for-middle-earth-ii-rise-of-the-witch-king/addons/mirkwood-vs-dol-guldur

*FULL CHANGELOG*

• Renamed the map "Battle Under the Trees - Mirkwood" to make it more historically tied to the lore.
  • Resized the map from 300x300 to 450 to 450.
  • Added a great amount of detail to the map.
  • Spread the army of Mirkwood into three parts; each of them placed on a unique position.
  • Added Wargs, Spiderlings and more Trolls.
  • Added more dialogue and sound effects, and this time you will hear all of them.
  • Victory/defeat is updated to be just like on campaign maps (in other words the camera rotates and Gandalf says stuff like "The elves will sing of this glorious day".
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Jan 2016, 00:23 von Fredius »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 2. Jan 2016, 02:27 »
Nice work Fred. :)
I am glad to see this. :)
Some nice changes you have made.
Will test it ofc, and I will report any irregularities if I find them. :)

Best regards,
Crag

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #9 am: 2. Jan 2016, 08:49 »
Congrats Fred for the epic job,the Map is indeed awesome,really etaield and well thought < ienjoy it so much my friend! :)

Masterpiece it is! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #10 am: 2. Jan 2016, 12:57 »
Thanks guys I'm glad to hear that you like it :)!

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: 9. Jan 2016, 20:08 »
I tried, there is "Instant victory" bug.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #12 am: 9. Jan 2016, 21:48 »
You must only select 1 player. Having a second player causes the instant victory bug ;). Dont forget to select the bottom base, and not the upper base.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: 9. Jan 2016, 21:53 »
I obviously forgot to do that.  [uglybunti]
Will test it again. :)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #14 am: 9. Jan 2016, 22:52 »
Have fun my friend, if you have suggestions or bugs let me know :).

Greetings people :),

Today I'm releasing my next map in the Battle Under the Trees series of maps. This time the battle focussen on the Lothlorien front. Lothlorien, too, was attacked by the forces of Sauron during the War of the Ring. Sauron's forces of Mordor and Dol Guldur attacked the woods three times, at one point the Goblins of the Misty Mountains also joined the battle. My map will focus on that joint attack of Evil forces. Take command of the Galadhrim as they are defending their homes against the forces of Evil!

Download link: http://www.moddb.com/games/battle-for-middle-earth-ii-rise-of-the-witch-king/addons/battle-under-the-trees-lothlorien. You can find the installation instructions in the first post!

Credits for the map goes to EA games. I altered it a bit so that it fits into the mission. Also big thanks to Lord Dain Ironfoot for testing the map :).

Preview screens of the map: