29. Mär 2024, 03:17 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Which series of battles appeals to you most?

Invasion of Rohan
14 (15.2%)
Siege of Gondor
13 (14.1%)
Resurrection of Angmar
10 (10.9%)
Invasion of the Elven Havens
8 (8.7%)
Assault of the Easterlings
14 (15.2%)
Recapture of Ered Mithrin
13 (14.1%)
Liberation of Gundabad
6 (6.5%)
Assault on Sauron
11 (12%)
Fury of the Haradrim
3 (3.3%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 87

Autor Thema: Fredius War of the Ring Mission Maps  (Gelesen 59747 mal)

TheDarkOne

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Ancient evil. Endangered species.
Re: Fredius War of the Ring Mission Maps
« Antwort #120 am: 27. Jan 2017, 02:26 »
Magnificent.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #121 am: 27. Jan 2017, 03:39 »
Very impressive! I'm really curious to know how everything is to evolve: the siege, the fighting and the last assault of the fortress. Alongside a certain character throwing down walls and so on...  xD

makis89

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #122 am: 27. Jan 2017, 09:55 »
Ooohhh it looks really nice map. I can't wait to test it :) ;) ;)
"...for all living things were her food,
and her vomit darkness."

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #123 am: 27. Jan 2017, 10:16 »
That looks really great.
Only the Shire tents seem out  of place in my opinion.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #124 am: 27. Jan 2017, 13:27 »
Thanks guys :).

That looks really great.
Only the Shire tents seem out  of place in my opinion.

Sadly those are the only tents with that form in Worldbuilder. It's basically a cover-up against rain for their dining tables, so that if it may rain the food is preserved and the heads of the men are dry xD.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #125 am: 27. Jan 2017, 14:06 »
Quick suggestion, what if every so often the orcs made a push to try and reclaim signal fires to tell their allies they need help?
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #126 am: 27. Jan 2017, 18:53 »
Problem would be that the player has to keep going back and forth from the fortress to the signal fires to defend them, which can be frustrating. However I will add some waves who will try to prevent the signal fires from being captured by the Elves.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #127 am: 28. Jan 2017, 03:08 »
Just to celebrate the forthcoming release of the Assault on Dol Guldur map, I would like to share with you all this video that I found on YouTube. Basically, it can be regarded as the annals of this eerie fortress. Some facts, which are stated in the very video, are completely made-up (fictional), but I think it will recreate the atmosphere of the events from which Fredius' map feeds. Needless to say, the official soundtrack of the Hobbit plays a great part indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWjcwUlPuYs

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #128 am: 28. Jan 2017, 03:41 »
Awesome video! Indeed this does explain my chronological order of the battles I make, from the invasion of Mirkwood and Lothlorien untill the end of Dol Guldur. Thank you very much for this Walk, it actually contains some stuff that I wanted to add to the siege as well :).

Which reminds me, before I release Dol Guldur I will update all my Battle Under the Trees maps with all the skills I've learnt over these couple of years and apply feedback from the fans, making them bigger, better and, most importantly, super awesome xD. They will all be released together in a special bundle, thus completely finishing the Battle Under the Trees series!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #129 am: 28. Jan 2017, 13:51 »
It's great to know that you're planning to release the entire (renewed) series! If you are keen on accepting some late (very late) suggestions, I would like to address some interesting points, that I deem significant.

First of all, contrary to what the video narrates, Nenya has no role in the dismantlement of Dol Guldur and its evil magic, because the One Ring had already been undone in the fire of Mount Doom by the time of the assault and all the Rings of Power had consequently ceased to have any effect whatsoever on the nature of Middle-earth. So, it should be wise to, maybe, do wholly without Nenya and even replace it with another ultimate ability that shall serve well in this context; she will only rely on her inner and true strength, stressing the might of the character even more. Another aspect: the actual words of Tolkien tell us that she not only threw down the walls of Dol Guldur, but she also purified the fortress and cleansed the entire Mirkwood, planting seeds and hallowed trees in the ruins.

Given the scarcity of the sources, one is inexorably obliged to bend things according to one's own imagination (it would be strange if it weren't so). Yet I think these aspects deserve to be represented in the most proper way  :)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #130 am: 28. Jan 2017, 17:39 »
Ofcourse! All suggestions are welcome :).

Yes Galadriel's role will be big, but not huge. Everything we've spoken of in the previous pages of this thread will surely be implemented. I won't spoil anymore though, so please, just wait a little bit longer and you can play the wonderfull battle yourself :).