28. Mär 2024, 21:48 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Which series of battles appeals to you most?

Invasion of Rohan
14 (15.2%)
Siege of Gondor
13 (14.1%)
Resurrection of Angmar
10 (10.9%)
Invasion of the Elven Havens
8 (8.7%)
Assault of the Easterlings
14 (15.2%)
Recapture of Ered Mithrin
13 (14.1%)
Liberation of Gundabad
6 (6.5%)
Assault on Sauron
11 (12%)
Fury of the Haradrim
3 (3.3%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 87

Autor Thema: Fredius War of the Ring Mission Maps  (Gelesen 59741 mal)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Re: Fredius Mission Maps
« Antwort #30 am: 30. Jan 2016, 19:18 »
Too bad you don't add :

Assault of Haradrim : Battle for Haradrim allegiance (Mordor vs Haradrim) E
Assault of Haradrim : Battle of Ithilien (Gondor vs Haradrim) G
Assault of Haradrim : Battle of Pelennor (Rohan vs Haradrim/Easterling) G

Ithilien and Pelennor will contain Haradrim and everything you mentioned. The allegiance of Haradrim and Mordor didn't start during the War of the Ring right? Correct me if I'm wrong, it would be awesome if I'm wrong xD.

That is a great idea, I like it :)!

I think there was something similar already in the official evil campaign of BFME2.
But, in that case, you were on the opposite side, trying to sink the sacred White Ships  [ugly]

Anyway, I rely on you, keep alive the flame of Elven Hope  ;)

Shoot, you're right it was in the Evil mission, I totally forgot :P. I will try to add my own flavour into that sort of mission, but everything in time ;). I too love Elves, and I will make sure their prowess will be presented very well in my battle maps.

UlfricStormcloak148

• Pförtner von Bree
  • Celebwen The Silver Maiden
« Antwort #31 am: 30. Jan 2016, 20:06 »
Zitat
The allegiance of Haradrim and Mordor didn't start during the War of the Ring right? Correct me if I'm wrong, it would be awesome if I'm wrong.

I remember during the evil campaign of the first Battle for Middle Earth that we have a fight between three different tribe of Haradrim which Mordor could obtain their allegiance by tribute or fighting. Just before the Battle of Ithilien. (During this time the Fellowship of the Ring was in Rohan).

Besides I think it would be nice to have a battle between Orcs and Haradrim, because I know that not every tribe were inside Sauron army after all after the War of the Ring, some tribes trying to make peace with the Men of the West whereas others continue their attacks.
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Jan 2016, 20:48 von UlfricStormcloak148 »

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #32 am: 30. Jan 2016, 20:20 »
Yes I remember that mission very well. I too loved it. However I wonder if this is realistic. Did Sauron really have to fight those tribes to ensure their allegiance? And was it really during the time of the War of the Ring? Also the same can be said about the Easterlings; they also had a lot of different tribes and in how far were they all allied with Mordor? But in any case I will see what I can do about it, but for that we also need an Evil Faction xD.

By the way guys The_Necromancer0 made an awesome article about my maps on the Edain Wiki, featuring tips on how to play my missions (which I never thought of [ugly]) and a little description of them. Again thank you very much The_Necromancer0!

http://edain.wikia.com/wiki/Massive_Armies_Mission_Map_Series
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Jan 2016, 21:18 von Gnomi »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #33 am: 30. Jan 2016, 21:02 »
Yes I remember that mission very well. I too loved it. However I wonder if this is realistic. Did Sauron really have to fight those tribes to ensure their allegiance? And was it really during the time of the War of the Ring? Also the same can be said about the Easterlings; they also had a lot of different tribes and in how far were they all allied with Mordor? But in any case I will see what I can do about it, but for that we also need an Evil Faction xD.

This mission was one of my all time favorite. And I suppose he did have to fight them or bribe them. They sound like proud people but it might be that their taste for blood overtook that pride. It think it's a safe bet to say that some probably resisted though.

Zitat
By the way guys The_Necromancer0 made an awesome article about my maps on the Edain Wiki, featuring tips on how to play my missions (which I never thought of [ugly]) and a little description of them. Again thank you very much The_Necromancer0!

http://edain.wikia.com/wiki/Massive_Armies_Mission_Map_Series

I must admit it was a pleasure, the map truly impressed me and being able to write about them was fun. As for the tips, those are the one I thought of, if you know any other I encourage you to go add them, the more the merrier. I'm also thinking of a video tutorial but I don't know if my PC will be able to take it all.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

UlfricStormcloak148

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #34 am: 30. Jan 2016, 21:20 »
Zitat
This mission was one of my all time favorite. And I suppose he did have to fight them or bribe them. They sound like proud people but it might be that their taste for blood overtook that pride. It think it's a safe bet to say that some probably resisted though.

Haradrim like Easterling are and always been proud people. Beside Faramir said once he discover the corpse of a Haradrim something about what blind promise Sauron tell them or threat. So yay I think some Haradrim resisted the called of Mordor and maybe were killed or fled during the War far south.

I think it's a shame Tolkien didn't write more about their cultures and also add few characters from Harad or Rhûn included in the Fellowship perhaps a female hashashin like some people do in fanfiction, because some of them are really nice wrote.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #35 am: 30. Jan 2016, 23:46 »
Agreed, it would be awesome to expand on their culture a lot more. Well you convinced me, I will do some maps about the Haradrim too, but that will be done after I finished all these War of the Ring maps :P.

Don't overwork yourself Necromancer, you already did a great job on the wiki xD!

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #36 am: 30. Jan 2016, 23:55 »
Weeeell...

Zitat von: The Silmarillion - Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age
He [Sauron] brooked no freedom nor any rivalry, and he named himself Lord of the Earth. A mask he still could wear so that if he wished he might deceive the eyes of Men, seeming to them wise and fair. But he ruled rather by force and fear, if they might avail; [...]

In the east and south well nigh all Men were under his dominion, and they grew strong in those days and built many towns and walls of stone, and they were numerous and fierce in war and aimed with iron. To them Sauron was both king and god; and they feared him exceedingly, for he surrounded his abode with fire.

Granted this quote describes the situation during the Second Age, even before Sauron was taken to Numenor. So a lot of time passed from then till the War of the Ring.
And granted, as always, the Silmarillions story frame is that its the history written by Elves. So when it comes to the history of Men you always should keep a little bit of elven bias in mind. ;)

Nevertheless if Sauron was worshipped as king and god by the Easterlings and Southlings for centuries, then I'd say they might have served out of fear or because of lies. But I don't think they had to be beaten or bribed into service. And even if there was a resistance to Sauron, it must've been really small and quite special.

UlfricStormcloak148

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #37 am: 31. Jan 2016, 00:13 »
There are two fanfiction that I like about the Haradrim people, each is different but the idea is the same a Haradrim female warrior become the 10th member of the fellowship to (one to seek redemption because of her past sins killer whom serve Sauron, and because she's now a friend of Gandalf whom save her, the other to protect her people and save them only to discover that Sauron with witchcraft link is will and survive with every Men of the East, meaning when the One is destroy her like the others Haradrim will die unknown to them and some will survive those with the most willpower to do that)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8924605/1/Kiramir
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6217465/1/The-Living-Death

It can give you some idea in the future Freduis, like it did for me.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #38 am: 1. Feb 2016, 20:02 »
Those are nice fan-fictions! I especially enjoyed the second one with the Mouth of Sauron xD.

UlfricStormcloak148

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #39 am: 3. Feb 2016, 16:29 »
Fredius, thanks to the released of the Woodland Realm map by calsash (Great map by the way). Would it be possible to add this map for The Battle under the Tree ? With Dol Guldur and Goblins army against Mirkwood Ranger and Soldier. (Instead to have an army, the Player begins with only two Mirkwood Ranger and the player must build his own army outside and inside the fortress) The castle outside of the fortress will be Lothlorien of course and the 7 Settlements will be Mallorn Tree and the Two Outpost being Lothlorien or Greenwood fortress.

With that, the battle will be in two times :

First : After 10-20 minutes Mordor invade the south forest (Goblin, Troll, Dol Guldur, Warg and Spider) and must destroy the castle and others building outside before create their own forces. The player (Lothlorien/Mirkwood) must defend and kill the maximum units before being all surrounded and retreat inside the Greenwood Fortress.

Second : The Siege of the Woodland Realm which the player 1 must defended at all cost before destroy the enemy fortress.
« Letzte Änderung: 3. Feb 2016, 16:36 von UlfricStormcloak148 »

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #40 am: 3. Feb 2016, 23:31 »
Actually I was planning to close the chapter of the Battle Under the Trees with the Siege of Dol Guldur :P. In the lore it was never stated that the battle took place inside Thranduils Halls. The name of the battle is "Battle Under the Trees" after all.

Also giving Mirkwood another battle puts them too much into the spotlights; the Battle of Lothlorien was more important to Sauron. The greatest part of his army went to Lothlorien, while only a smaller part attacked Mirkwood to keep them at bay. Sauron wanted to wait untill the Easterlings had taken Erebor, so that they could reinforce the forces of Dol Guldur against Mirkwood. This obviously never happened while the Easterlings couldn't conquer Erebor.

Also the progress on Dol Guldur has been put on standby for now :P. I'm waiting for a mapper to finish his great Dol Guldur map so that I can use it for the mission. In the meantime I'm working on the Battle of Dale mission for the Sons of Durin sub-mod. This mission will ofcourse be included in my own mappack.

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
« Antwort #41 am: 4. Feb 2016, 09:11 »

aha thanks for the kind words about my map :)
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Feb 2016, 09:58 von DieWalküre »
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #42 am: 11. Feb 2016, 18:03 »
And ofcourse I also share my Dale map preview in my own thread. This will be the place where the Battle of Dale mission will be fought for most of the part, behind the city are the gates of Erebor. More details will follow soon, but here are some screenshots to give you an impression of the map:

This map is still WIP, so some things may change if necessary. I made this map for the Sons of Durin submod, which can be found here: http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,32542.0.html

Note that I would personally advise you to download the map with the submod, because the submod will include new models that will make the map more epic. These models include:

- The current buildings will get a seperate skin to match the buildings of Dale from the Hobbit movie.
- New Easterling Swordsmen, Archers and Siege Weapons.
- The current Easterling Soldier with shield will get a longer pike/halberd.
- Bard II, King Brands son, will get a model.
- King Dain may get a rework, but this is not sure.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #43 am: 12. Feb 2016, 12:15 »
That Dale map is amazing, Fred! Really good job!
Is there any chance you'll release an unscripted version of the map, where you can actually play as the Men of Dale but there's no preprogrammed battle? (and maybe Dwarves are recruitable in settlements and outposts^^)

Also, keep in mind Gnomi once explained me how to apply to objects different textures (which is basically what Dale buildings are: Gondor buildings with different textures), so if you want I can help you to give to the already there buildings the proper textures (and I can also help you with the "unscripted" version^^)
Let me know!^^

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #44 am: 12. Feb 2016, 14:32 »
Thanks man!

Having a lot of other projects I don't really have the time to make an unscripted version. If you want I can leave that to you ;).

Yes I know about that tutorial. However to apply another texture the first thing I need to do is make a texture, which I suck at :P. LordofMoria, the leader of the SoD submod, is going to change the textures for the buildings. I will use those textures then, but I will first have to wait untill he made them :). Ofcourse if you can texture yourself that would be great!