30. Apr 2024, 14:41 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Which series of battles appeals to you most?

Invasion of Rohan
14 (15.2%)
Siege of Gondor
13 (14.1%)
Resurrection of Angmar
10 (10.9%)
Invasion of the Elven Havens
8 (8.7%)
Assault of the Easterlings
14 (15.2%)
Recapture of Ered Mithrin
13 (14.1%)
Liberation of Gundabad
6 (6.5%)
Assault on Sauron
11 (12%)
Fury of the Haradrim
3 (3.3%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 87

Autor Thema: Fredius War of the Ring Mission Maps  (Gelesen 60698 mal)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Re: Fredius War of the Ring Mission Maps
« Antwort #60 am: 11. Apr 2016, 13:04 »
Very, very nice mission map. I'd like to hear, that you will make more maps from this fabular line. But, as always, you will do what you want. :P

And here's one advice - make Vaztumir selectable like hero. It's too easy to lost him in battle. ;)

But - coming back to Angmar, i would really enjoy seeing mini-campaing showing us, how Witch-King united his kingdom for the first time. How he recruited Mornamarth, Hwaldar, Karsh, Rogash, Gulzar and rest of the heroes. That would be really epic. ^^

Ofcourse there will be more :)! You can find all my future plans in the first post, the next mission will also be about Angmar :).

My knowledge about map ini coding is sadly very limited, so I have no idea how to make him a hero. However as Necromancer said you can just make him part of a seperate group by pressing ctrl+1 for him, and ctrl+2 for the rest of the army.

Interesting!  xD

Thanks chief :), reminds me that I should make a German version of these maps too xD.

For the semi-hero I simply grouped him alone. Also, Fredius,  I saw that you changed the name of the maps on the wiki (i suppose), so I alao renamed the page.

Yes indeed, thank you very much :).

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #61 am: 11. Apr 2016, 19:47 »
Yes, I saw already your post with plans for the future.
But I'm not talking about reviving Angmar, but about it's first uprising. Not by some Vaztumir, but by OG W-K.  :D

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #62 am: 11. Apr 2016, 20:24 »
Ah right I forgot answering that part. I have more plans after the War of the Ring is done, but we are talking about a very far future :P. I have plans for the Last Alliance, the War of Dwarves and Orcs, and Angmar as well. But I will do the War of the Ring first, because I always dreamed about such a campaign since I started mapping in 2009 ;).

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #63 am: 11. Apr 2016, 21:54 »
Nice. *.*
You just won my attention and support. :P

Maybe... maybe we should find you a partner, so work could be done faster? :P

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #64 am: 11. Apr 2016, 23:10 »
Heheh that's okay my friend, I would rather like to make all these missions myself because it's a lot of fun to do it. Ofcourse I won't stop anyone to work for themselves, however even if there are 100 versions of the same mission map released, I would still make one of my own :).

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #65 am: 20. Apr 2016, 21:22 »
So, to give the Haradrim a bit more credit to the War of the Ring I decided to also include them in my list of future plans. Though this will also depend on if there will be an Evil Men faction, but I'm sure there will be :P. In any case this is how the serie will look like:

Zitat
Fury of the Haradrim - Poros (E)
Fury of the Haradrim - Tolfalas (E)
Fury of the Haradrim - Dol Amroth (G)

Added the serie to the list and the poll.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #66 am: 23. Apr 2016, 13:22 »
Some previews of the Resurrection of Angmar - Weathertop map :)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #67 am: 23. Apr 2016, 15:18 »
Exciting, can't wait.  [ugly]
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #68 am: 23. Apr 2016, 17:53 »
Thanks man :), the map will probably be released when the Misty Mountains faction is done. Eventhough Angmar, in my serie, is being resurrected during the War of the Ring, it couldn't be as much of a threat on it's own as it was during the reign of the Witch-king. Instead of letting Angmar focus solely on it's own army, they will use mercenaries from Gundabad and Mount Gram to fill their ranks. That's why I have to wait untill the MM faction is released.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #69 am: 8. Mai 2016, 15:03 »
Good afternoon everyone :),

Today I'm releasing the first mission of the Invasion of Rohan serie: The battle at the Fords of Isen. This map, however, requires some sound files from BFME1, which I included in the download. Please read the Readme carefully on how to add those files, because the mission is rather unplayable without them. Don't worry, adding those files can be done within a minute!

It is important that you learn how to add these sound files for future maps, because when I'm releasing a map like the Siege of Minas Tirith, then I will also add Theoden's unused speech files that can be found in BFME1. I will try to make the charge of the Rohirrim as beautifull as it was portrayed in the movies; it will be a shame if you guys couldn't enjoy that!

In any case here is the download link: http://www.moddb.com/games/battle-for-middle-earth-ii-rise-of-the-witch-king/addons/invasion-of-rohan-fords-of-isen#downloadsform. You can find installation instructions in the first post, but also in the README file that is included in the download!

LordDainIronfoot and The_ClocheFixer have tested the installation procedure and the map itself for me; many thanks to you guys :)!

Preview screens of the map
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Mai 2016, 15:21 von Fredius »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #70 am: 8. Mai 2016, 15:14 »
*inner 8 year old scream* Another of Fredius's map. YAY, glory to the mightiest map scripter known. Can't wait to play it. Just a question for the future. We will see any non-cannon maps such as Siege on Helms Deep (E) or Repossession of the One (E)?

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #71 am: 8. Mai 2016, 15:20 »
Thanks for the kind words :D! Yes, there may come Evil versions of some missions because I love the Evil side so much more than the Good guys :P. But the canonical version of the War of the Ring needs to be done first ofcourse.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #72 am: 8. Mai 2016, 15:26 »
YAY!!!  Too many people rooting for the good guys I tell you, always nice to meet another baddy :)

Finished too play through and just a couple things:
Finished the Wiki article on it

Is anything supposed to happen once the "Allies overrun" timer hits 0?

Awesome map, too short and too great. Your map always feels smoother around the edges, like someone went through and gave it that extra little finish that makes it all go together perfectly. Well done  xD
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Mai 2016, 16:56 von The_Necromancer0 »

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #73 am: 8. Mai 2016, 19:12 »
Damn that was fast :D, thanks for the article man!

Your allies are practically a diversion to keep Theodred's allies busy, while the main army, your army, is tasked to kill him and his bodyguards before Theodreds allies break through. Before the timer runs out, your allies, Elfhelms forces and Grimbolds forces are indestructable. When the timer hits 0 only your allies will become destructible, and Grimbold and Elfhelm will all gang up on your own forces. When your army is destroyed you will lose the battle. I find it a bit cheesy that you suddenly would lose the battle after a couple of minutes, so I tried to make it a bit more realistic by having Theodreds allies break through your allies' lines and kill you.

And thank you very much for the compliment! I'm a big fan of epic moments in games or movies, so naturally all endings in my maps will have a bit of drama on them :P. Having 7 years of experience on scripting really helps a lot xD.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #74 am: 14. Mai 2016, 19:30 »
Sometimes I get so many ideas through my head that I just can't stop myself from writing them down xD. I have thought about this for a while and came to the decision that I should include the adventures of the Fellowship of the Ring to my maps. The Fellowship had a big impact upon the outcome of the War of the Ring, that's why they deserve missions of their own. They won't all be originally made by me however, for I will just try to convert as many BFME1 missions to Edain mod as possible. But ofcourse I will make some maps myself, for example the battle of Osgiliath in which Frodo and Sam were present will be made by me, and this time the player plays the good forces, instead of the evil forces like in my regular War of the Ring mission.

In any case expect to hear more about this in the future. If you have any ideas let me know :).
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Mai 2016, 21:06 von Fredius »