28. Mär 2024, 15:47 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Guards of Orthanc  (Gelesen 29119 mal)

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
Re: Guards of Orthanc
« Antwort #75 am: 16. Mai 2017, 10:37 »
Zitat
mmh i'll see what can be done...

i've seen what could be done

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #76 am: 16. Mai 2017, 11:12 »
I like it! It's truly a mixture between a spear and a staff (I prefer the one at the top), mirroring the shape of Orthanc, without the cartoonish connotation of the drawing. Great conceptual solution :)

What is still to be worked on is probably the Númenor-related armour that the guards will be given, after the activation of the Wizard's Tower spell (together with the staff/spear). Don't worry about quality; the important thing is to get the basic idea right and clear. The Edain Team, which has recently hired a new modeller, could perfect graphics, if it's necessary.

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
« Antwort #77 am: 16. Mai 2017, 11:52 »
I like it! It's truly a mixture between a spear and a staff (I prefer the one at the top), mirroring the shape of Orthanc, without the cartoonish connotation of the drawing. Great conceptual solution :)

it's the top and side view XD

What is still to be worked on is probably the Númenor-related armour that the guards will be given, after the activation of the Wizard's Tower spell (together with the staff/spear). Don't worry about quality; the important thing is to get the basic idea right and clear. The Edain Team, which has recently hired a new modeller, could perfect graphics, if it's necessary.

who is the new modeller ? :D i don't think that numenorean armor would fit it's dunlendings in orthanc but well,...

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #78 am: 16. Mai 2017, 15:09 »
Oh, right. Modelling is still something I need get acquainted with :D

The guards, at the beginning, are not supposed to resemble Dunlendings at all, although their robes are quite poor and consumed. The Númenórean armour comes later, when the spell is activated (alongside the Orthanc-like spear).

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Zwergischer Entdecker
« Antwort #79 am: 16. Mai 2017, 15:42 »
The guards, at the beginning, are not supposed to resemble Dunlendings at all
but they are dunlendings first, so the wolf is a little touch from their basic culture

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #80 am: 16. Mai 2017, 16:07 »
They are not, really. Look at the descriptions I inserted in the very first post; everything is explained there. Although they initially have a quite corrupted appearance, they are Númenóreans nonetheless. Dunlendings are a totally different topic. Other people and another concept.

NoldorSithLordsShipwright

• Gast
« Antwort #81 am: 17. Mai 2017, 07:48 »
I am for this interesting suggestion.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #82 am: 17. Mai 2017, 07:51 »
I am for this interesting suggestion.

Thank you for your support. I will add your name to the list :)

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #83 am: 25. Mai 2017, 05:13 »
Hey Diewalkure, please put me down on the list in favor of this concept. Add me, I like this idea.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #84 am: 25. Mai 2017, 08:02 »
Hey Diewalkure, please put me down on the list in favor of this concept. Add me, I like this idea.

And thou shalt have thy name included :)

Canis carcharothias

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #85 am: 26. Mai 2017, 09:32 »
I'll say yea to this proposal.
Isengard needs real men.
But, for the same reasons you stated, Walkie, I would say nay to the dunlending look.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #86 am: 26. Mai 2017, 18:09 »
I'll say yea to this proposal.
Isengard needs real men.
But, for the same reasons you stated, Walkie, I would say nay to the dunlending look.

I agree with thee, aye-sayer. I shall include your name in the list of whom supports the concept :)