28. Mär 2024, 19:03 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Fall of Gondolin  (Gelesen 18277 mal)

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
  • "Nothing is true, but... Santa is."
The Fall of Gondolin
« am: 23. Nov 2015, 00:43 »
^^ Some fun with Gondolin.

Just the first part of the script is done, but its getting cool! :)
Stop the Balrog before he reaches the palace of Turgon. Hopefully, survive! :D

You can try the map here : https://goo.gl/Fx7T34

NOTE: You need to put an AI/player on the bottom left to make the map work properly.

Cheers :)
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Nov 2015, 00:51 von magickoala »

CragLord

• Gast
Re: The Fall of Gondolin
« Antwort #1 am: 23. Nov 2015, 01:19 »
You are really dedicated person, koala.
I will test this probably tomorrow and expect my feedback. :)

P.S. Shall we enjoy in battle between Ecthelion and Gothmog or Glorfindel and regular Balrog? Some stuff to think about. :P

Regards,
Crag
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Nov 2015, 03:24 von CragLord »

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #2 am: 23. Nov 2015, 01:49 »
^^ Looking forward to it. Get the last revision, there was some initial.. bugs. xD

And meh, would be so awsome to properly name the units, Cirdan have some great models..
And Ancalagon even! Would be the ultimate experience XD

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #3 am: 23. Nov 2015, 02:14 »
That is awesome^^
Really looks like an amazing map to play with Imladris, when it will be released.
Nice work!

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #4 am: 23. Nov 2015, 04:57 »
Looking great, can't wait to have a trie  xD
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 23. Nov 2015, 11:34 »
Are you sure, magickoala, that this is really your first experience in mapping as you wrote on the Caras Galadhon map thread?  xD

You are really a master and excellently creative mapper.
Also, given that you chose the First Age as the setting, I think that we will get along even better  :P

My secret dream is the possibility of having maps set in Eldamar or even in Valinor itself, but I know that it would be a bit sacrilegious turning Aman into a battlefield  :D
But, as you may know, 'someone' attacked the Blessed Realm from within once and destroyed the Two Trees, or Eldamar was put under siege by an arrogant and despotic Human King...  ;)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #6 am: 23. Nov 2015, 12:42 »
Tha Map is really great!I always lvoed the story around Gondolin but sadly it had a bitter end and yet you have created an epic Map which I will gladly enjoy to try once i have the time and give some feedback! :)

Greetings mate! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Khamul_der_Sehende

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #7 am: 23. Nov 2015, 13:28 »
I like the map but it would be funnier, if the first gate wouldn't be there or it would be the first, the balrog starts with, because if you close it, the AI doesn't attack. Also i don't feel the reason why the attack ends, if you managed to kill the balrog. I personally would love to clean the map after i defeated the balrog. if it ends by there, it feels ähm.. incomplete.^^

Maybe you let the balrog start at the start of the bridge and give him much less health, but more attack so he functions as a kind of door opener, so the AI has to flood the city.

And it seems like you 'forgot' a wall object at the gate area of the way up to the fornost citadel.

I also like the individual spell book and the heros recruitable. all in all the map is veeery impressive.

"Doch vom Glück und vom frohen Leben gibt es wenig zu sagen, bevor es ein Ende hat; so sind große und herrliche Werke ihr eigener Nachruhm, solange sie dauern und Augen sie sehen können, und erst wenn sie in Gefahr sind oder für immer zerbrochen, gehen sie in die Lieder ein."

Silmarillion: X Von den Sindar

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #8 am: 23. Nov 2015, 15:52 »
Zitat
My secret dream is the possibility of having maps set in Eldamar or even in Valinor itself, but I know that it would be a bit sacrilegious turning Aman into a battlefield  :D
But, as you may know, 'someone' attacked the Blessed Realm from within once and destroyed the Two Trees, or Eldamar was put under siege by an arrogant and despotic Human King...  ;)

That someone happened to have a giant spider pet? Or he was the pet, i cant remember.. XD The Two Trees.. imagine the possibilities...

I do love Valimar and all Aman lands, but theyre so glorious its hard to figure out how exactly they could look like. Taking Feanor and the Silmarils, the rest of Aman geography is a mistery.... That sounds like a glorious map to the future! :D Places like: Telperion and Laurelin, Taniquetil, Tol Eressea, Nargothrond,  Menegroth (wich the actual Hobbit movie Mirkwood's made me remember of).. think the first Age gives us a lot of room to glory! XD

Zitat
That is awesome^^
Really looks like an amazing map to play with Imladris, when it will be released.
Nice work!

Thanks chief! I want to play yr Minas Tirith =b and yeah, tbh i gotta check with ET if its allowed to use Imladris assets on maps. I pulled out the old Imladris spellbook but i dont even know ifs working, or its permitted. :)

Zitat
Tha Map is really great!I always lvoed the story around Gondolin but sadly it had a bitter end a.... :)
I kinda want to recreate the bitter end, hehe. :) Thanks, mate, looking forward for your thoughts!

Zitat
I like the map but it would be funnier, if the first gate wouldn't be there or it would be the first, the balrog starts with, because if you close it, the AI doesn't attack. Also i don't feel the reason why the attack ends, if you managed to kill the balrog. I personally would love to clean the map after i defeated the balrog. if it ends by there, it feels ähm.. incomplete.^

Great point. Honestly my idea was to make the Balrog work as a timer. He will keep blowing the gates, and while he does it, you have to dodge him and go kill the AI outside. Thats why i didnt made the AI too agressive, to give you room to manaveur while dealing with the Balrog. But then, in a try-game i ended killing the balrog, and all felt.. empty.

The first gate was supposed to be a slow down to the AI, since i didnt wanted it rushing the city in the moment the Balrog breached the Stone gate. Thus, it looks the AI dont attack it while they have the balrog, so idk. Maybe ill remove it, good idea.

So, my current plan is:
1. The attack will be layered in waves. I hope the AI can handle the normal units, while we deal with Balrogs and dragons via script.

Zitat
And it seems like you 'forgot' a wall object at the gate area of the way up to the fornost citadel.

Hehe my bad, these walls love to suddently move around XD

2. CragLord gave a excelent idea: If you have to find a specific "someone" in the map and call him to fight the Balrog, that would be.. interesting :)

3. The Balrog is supposed to be the start of the wave, killing him should reward something significant. I dont know what yet, exactly, thou.

Thanks for the feedback, thats great! :)

Zitat
Are you sure, magickoala, that this is really your first experience in mapping as you wrote on the Caras Galadhon map thread?  xD
Lol, it is, i just had a lot of free time these two weeks, so i could dedicate a litte more to Edain ^^

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #9 am: 23. Nov 2015, 16:09 »
I updated the link with the last revision.
Now im going to work, have fun with the map! :)

BTW: Someone managed to let the Balrog destroy the Iron gate so far?

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: 24. Nov 2015, 22:24 »
Hello mate, I have tested map, it is great and I maybe get some bugs for you.

First I do a little unexpected move, I opened gate in front Balrog after some time.
He got confused, walking in circle in front of gate. and from time to time using his ability of boost damage. He can't walk through gate:
http://s5.postimg.org/fnmav1cfa/sshot0004.jpg
Then some graphical waterfall bug, it seems that this waterfall is disappearing at middle of air. :) I don't say it is impossible in nature, but I think this particular one should interflow in surrounding water around city:
http://s5.postimg.org/k88h9yw4m/sshot0003.jpg
http://s5.postimg.org/7je6qaq06/sshot0005.jpg
Those are not so serious bugs about waterfall at least. :)

Kind Regards,
CragLord

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #11 am: 24. Nov 2015, 22:44 »
@Craglord
Thanks for the feedback. Its weird, its like the gate isnt a enemy anymore if you open it,  even if the structure is still there. I suppose he should be hunting for a building to cast the special skills, but somehow he cant target the gate so he gets stuck... madness. -.-
But he should be targeting  the attack-move waypoint set to follow since it gets evaluated every couple secs, so... Maybe i have to create a rule to make him ignore the gate is its open, i guess. Ill look into it, thanks!

About the waterfalls, miracles of the engine. idk how it multiplies. XD Checking over.

That was some suberb feedback, appreciated^^

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: 24. Nov 2015, 22:58 »
You are welcome mate, map is great and this was probably the smallest bug report I have made so far on this forum ... :)
Oh, I will probably find more, it is in my nature to search for them. xD :P
Also I am playing map right now, I noticed that Balrog is killing my enemy units, he is trampling them because he is walking in circles in front of gate.
Also as you said that gate is not enemy when it is open, well I think that is maybe only in Balrog case, because I again have found interesting situation.
While gate is opened, Balrog is walking in circles in front of it, and AI enemy units are not walking through gate, they are attacking it from outside... xD And Balrog is trampling them and doing me favor.  :D  :D  :D
One more waterfall with same problem : http://s5.postimg.org/huqjiyhpi/sshot0006.jpg

After I load game from save file, strange thing occur at game, Balrog and some units pop up in the air, like they walked on top of gate:
http://s5.postimg.org/4gdgmxb1i/On_the_gate.jpg
http://s5.postimg.org/66whoeskm/On_the_gate2.jpg
http://s5.postimg.org/8qs4iig4m/Walking_In_The_Air.jpg

P.S. How should I play this map? I mean, I am a bit confused what to do, Balrog is attacking me and how should I walk with units outside city and destroy AI? Balrog is mutilating my forces when they approach near demon... xD

Regards,
Crag
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Nov 2015, 23:18 von CragLord »

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #13 am: 24. Nov 2015, 23:29 »
LOL, the units flying in the top of map is... hard to explain XD

The idea is that after you kill Gothmog, the next wave begins and things starts to get complicated. But i only scripted the first part so you need to kill the balrog before he reaches the fortress. If you beat it before that, you win. When hes not uh.. walking in circles. lol XD

Im checking on it right now ;) Any ideas of how to improve the AI? i mean, i waypointed its path, and looks to be doing worse then good.

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #14 am: 25. Nov 2015, 00:33 »
Update with some minor stuff:
-New walkable walls
- Gate opened fixed
- AI should be more present
- Fornost Citadel is now active, with new heroes
Thanks for the reports :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #15 am: 27. Nov 2015, 16:14 »
That someone happened to have a giant spider pet? Or he was the pet, i cant remember.. XD The Two Trees.. imagine the possibilities...

I do love Valimar and all Aman lands, but theyre so glorious its hard to figure out how exactly they could look like. Taking Feanor and the Silmarils, the rest of Aman geography is a mistery.... That sounds like a glorious map to the future! :D Places like: Telperion and Laurelin, Taniquetil, Tol Eressea, Nargothrond,  Menegroth (wich the actual Hobbit movie Mirkwood's made me remember of).. think the first Age gives us a lot of room to glory! XD

Yes the most terrible pet one could ever have experience of.
Temporarily darkening Valinor and defeating Tulkas and the Valar's Guard of Maiar, being able not just to create Darkness as an absence of Light, but also the Nemesis of Light itself, a 'Dark Light' alive and deadly...
Yes, I wouldn't like a pet like this  [ugly]

It's true, the Immortal Lands are intentionally never described in details, in a desire of not 'ruining' their sacred and ethereal nature.
But, it's also true that some geographic representations might be done and have already been done, very accurate and precise, I believe  :)

You just have found a passionate lover of Aman  (**)
Anyway, if you want to discuss about it, we can do it freely in the LOTR section of the Prancing Pony, where there already is a specific place established exactly by me  :)

You are right, the First Age offers incredible material, and I'm sure you could great things about it  ;)
Keep up your great work/Art.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: 27. Nov 2015, 21:33 »
Some bugs from the latest version of map:

Balrog now goes through first gate, when we open it.
Also "old" bug is back, standard enemy AI units now walk through closed gate 1:
http://postimg.org/image/e7phkvbj7/full/
http://postimg.org/image/5gigqls83/full/
and through gate 2:
http://postimg.org/image/4boel85r7/full/
(I presume this is nothing new or able to fix, just to report anyway... xD )
Old problem with Balrog at gate 2 now, when we open it, he become confused, and behave like in front of gate 1 in previous version:
http://postimg.org/image/440ropusj/full/
http://postimg.org/image/q1x8ii9sz/full/
Also presence of Balrog near those buildings in passive way damage it and destroy one of them, after it, we got this graphic empty space:
http://postimg.org/image/pzdcvo65f/full/.
I don't know is this bug, but I reported it anyway.

P.S. Waterfalls have been fixed. :)

Regards,
CragLord

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #17 am: 27. Nov 2015, 22:00 »
Thanks so much for the feedback, guys ! :) Im looking into them now, ^^

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: 27. Nov 2015, 22:45 »
You are welcome man. :)
Here are some more bugs I have found:
(For other members : There are some spoilers, so decide if you want to see this report!)

I can edit my last comment, but I think you needed those reports in some kind of order because of preview.
That's all for tonight. :)

Regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Nov 2015, 03:55 von CragLord »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #19 am: 28. Nov 2015, 16:31 »
Awesome map man

Finrod_(Felagund)

• Bilbos Festgast
  • King Theoden stands not alone
« Antwort #20 am: 31. Jan 2017, 17:03 »
Is it possible to make this map work for normal rotwk?