28. Mär 2024, 23:59 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Aesthetic Improvements for Lothlórien/Mirkwood  (Gelesen 18006 mal)

Adamin

• Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
Re: "Cosmetic" improvements for Lothlórien faction
« Antwort #15 am: 2. Dez 2015, 22:07 »
Not to complicate thing anymore, I am against any Ñoldor term in name, tried to explain above, can't write essay again. :P

And there's none needed. Don't worry. ^^
I'm just teasing. ;)

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #16 am: 3. Dez 2015, 19:58 »
Crag, a little off-topic but gamlings peasants summon ability has the same picture as noldor horn , so you have new job  :D 

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: 3. Dez 2015, 22:49 »

Yes, that can indeed be "Cosmetic" change proposal but not for this topic.  :P   
I am focused right now on Lothlórien faction, and I will probably stay until I suggest everything what I think could be classified as "Cosmetic" lore-wise proposals or just "Cosmetic" one. So currently I haven't time for that.
Concerning Rohan, that is probably suggestion for Brief Suggestions Topic currently (sadly I was late there to open "Cosmetic" topic as I did for dwarves :P, but I will probably do that in future  ;) ).
Concerning that dwarven sumbol, I find it really not suitable for other factions except dwarves, and I agree with you that peasants summon ability should have some better correlated graphics. That area look occurs as general one used for many different abilities or powers, and I presume team used it because it is well know from vanila game, and it is minor thing so they don't have time for that game polishing beside some more important things to do for mod. :)

P.S. Similar ideas you can suggest on Brief Suggestion Topics, or open some "Cosmetic" topics by yourself if you find that reasonable (or wait me to open them in future :P ). Or PM me about those ideas, if you don't want do suggested above and I will do that in time with credit on your idea. :) Also with PM, we avoid those off topic comments. :)

Also be free to express your opinion about current suggestion, Walk thinks about Sindarin symbols, I am more for general one (name and picture).
If you have read previous comments, be free to express your opinion. :) And please if you decide for expressing opinion always give some reasons etc, simply because quality of discussion. :)

Best Regards,
CragLord

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: 8. Dez 2015, 20:35 »
Hello everyone,

I had some free time and I managed (with help of one fine gentleman) to make my first .dds file for this game. :)
I have made a look of area effect for that (currently named I hope) Horn of Ñoldor power. :)

I think it is simple, lore accurate and with decent look in game which is in my opinion better that current one. :) And this is look which I propose as change. If team find it useful, it can be implemented or used as source material. :)

During Gameplay, I tried to catch some shots (I think I have failed to catch the most intense one in color, nvm):

So what do you think about this?

Best regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Dez 2015, 22:29 von CragLord »

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #19 am: 8. Dez 2015, 20:40 »
Looks nice. :) Perhaps a little too big if anything.

"That still only counts as one!"

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: 8. Dez 2015, 21:32 »

Thank you Adrigabbro. :)
Concerning size, I tried to minimize it, but it looked too small to me always after I done some dimension reduction.
I presume it is individual feel. xD
I think it is in good size in comparison with whole size of circle.
If team decide to use it, they will very easily adjust size and position of it, if these aren't good in their opinion. :) Or simply improve it in general.
On my first comment I have posted all source material.  ;)

Regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Dez 2015, 00:44 von CragLord »

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #21 am: 8. Dez 2015, 22:31 »
It looks lovely :).
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #22 am: 10. Dez 2015, 20:52 »
I completely agree with these changes Craglord, and I especially love the image of the Heraldic Horn :).

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: 11. Dez 2015, 02:59 »

Glad to hear that. :)
Thanks. ;)

I am glad to hear that also. :)
It is so elegant and fiting in his shape for elves in my opinion.
Thanks Fred. ;)

Regards,
Crag
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Dez 2015, 03:08 von CragLord »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: 25. Dez 2015, 16:20 »
Hello people,

Merry Christmas and happy holidays! :)

I have prepared a small presentation of palantir buttons for you today.  ;)  xD
This is cosmetic topc, so I have prepared cosmetic changes for Grimbeorn palanir button set.
First of all, I think that current button set is good, but it is not correlated in consistency terms with current look of Grimbeorn in game. Because of that I have tried to create new set which corresponds to Grimbeorn better in my opinion.
As Grimbeorn have been presented as "gray" oriented in color of bear and hair, I found some buttons a bit out of place.
Let's take a look of current  of Human and bear form:

So, I will start from first button, it is button for Human form/Bear form. Currently Grimbeorn is using these two buttons for this palantir slot:

First, bear form look isn't correlated to Grimbeorn's bear form. Current one fits to Beoringer bear form in color terms. Second, Human form button also isn't correlated to Grimbeorn at all. It is Beorn human form button. So, I have prepared next buttons for this palanitir slot,
For Bear form I have prepared this one:

Grimbeorn's Bear form palantir button

Button 65x65

This look corresponds to gray haired bear form of Grimbeorn. I tried to find some "fierce" bear look simply because "Grimbeorn" means "Fierce bear".

For human form I have prepared next one:

Grimbeorn's Human form palantir button

Button 65x65

I really find's current human form button out of place. It is correlated to Beorn's game look. Grimbeorn as unique hero and character deserves new one which is more correlated to his current look. I have tried to use some shotcuts from game, but sadly I couldn't create good button. I think this proposed one is decent, and it corresponds in color term very nicely to current game look. There is gray color of beard and hair as brown color of tunic which Grimbeorn wear in game currently.

Now, to take a look on Deadly Bite button in game:

Again, I found a color dismatch here. Button is really good, but Grimbeorn is gray bear not brown one.
So I have just tried to improve that.

For Deadly Bite button I have prepared this one:

Grimbeorn's Deadly Bite palantir button

Button 65x65

And for the last button, War Cry one.
Currently in game this button is same for Grimbeorn and Beorn. Current one is this:

No matter how much epic is that german chief from Gladiator movie xD, I really find this picture is color terms a bit out of place for "Gray" Grimbeorn.
So I have tried to find some picture which is similar to current one, but more corresponding in color terms. I think I have found a good one, which correpsonds to Grimbeorns better in color terms:

Grimbeorn's Battle Cry palantir button

Button 65x65

This picture is more correlated to Old Fierce Grimbeorn then a current one. They are similar, but first one because of Black color and beard is more correlated to Beorn's lore description. This button maybe looks a bit different then Grimbeorn in game currently, but I think it fits nicely to nature of ability which is battle cry, and beside that it fit in color term nicely to Grimbeorn description.

Concerning palantir portrait and selective button, I have found them really unique and cool, so I haven't change them. Maybe some minor change which could be applied to them is to make bear side more gray in color. Simply small consistency change. :)

Now, I also checked some Beorn's palantir buttons, and I have found some buttons which should be changed according to my opinion. I posted that proposal to my Dwarven minor cosmetic topic where it belongs: Link

I hope you will find this proposal of mine interesting and reasonable.
What do you think about this? :)
Please share your opinions and suggestions about impovements.

Best regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Dez 2015, 18:32 von CragLord »

giwrgosol

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Aesthetic Improvements for Lothlórien/Mirkwood
« Antwort #25 am: 31. Jan 2016, 19:39 »
Anyone else thinks that galadhrim warriors need bigger bows and arrows like in the movie adapation of The Lord Of The Rings The Two Towers ?

Maraelion

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #26 am: 1. Feb 2016, 06:43 »
Not necessarly, their bows are just fine.

giwrgosol

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #27 am: 1. Feb 2016, 11:54 »
But they are not longbows.In the movies the bows are like in the height of  the archers and in game are so small like shortbows.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: 1. Feb 2016, 11:57 »
Keep in mind that larger bows wont work with the animations.

giwrgosol

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #29 am: 1. Feb 2016, 19:23 »
i don't know about animations :P You and edain team are  very good on these ;-) I say this because i saw it in other mod that they had bigger bows and they were more good looking because they were like in the movie and it is more lore-wise that elves had long bows as expert archers and not shortbows.