28. Mär 2024, 17:25 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Aesthetic Improvements for Lothlórien/Mirkwood  (Gelesen 18001 mal)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Re: Aesthetic Improvements for Lothlórien/Mirkwood
« Antwort #30 am: 1. Feb 2016, 22:33 »
Creating animations is a lot of work. Doing all that for such a small aesthetical improvement is  a poor trade for ET's craftmanship and I dare say, perhaps even a waste of time. 
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

giwrgosol

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #31 am: 2. Feb 2016, 20:30 »
First of all I didn't say it is a priority.Second , this post is for little aesthetic improvements for lothlorien so with your logic all are " a waste of time " because they have to spend time for them.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #32 am: 2. Feb 2016, 21:18 »
Aye, this topic is at the moment, a waste of time. ET has to work on more important things because the mod is not out of the demo phase and there are many bugs to fix, translations to make etc. They even said that, regarding skins, requesting improvements is  relatively unnecessary, because if ET wishes to change these things then they do so. Perhaps when this mod is considered to be in a somewhat ''finished'' state, will a topic of this sort possess any proper value.

Unless! You are named Craglord for instance, he makes aesthetical improvements regarding icons, and passes them to the team, who then only have to implement them. A great way to contribute to the mod, as well as saving ET time to focus on more important matters. That's what I call a good trade :).
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: 13. Feb 2016, 23:39 »
Hello people! :)

I see some interesting topics and suggestions have been disscussed in meanwhile. :)
Today I have one interesting aesthetic proposal for you guys.
I managed to find some free time in past few days, and I have created one dds file for elven precious power : "Star of Earendil".
Concerning lore, I really haven't any complaint about current dds file. Star shape for Star of Eärendil. But as similar pattern has already been used for Star of the Dúnedain, I really think this power deserves something unique. So I have created new more appropriate dds (in my opinion):

Ring text is written in Quenya, it is famous quote.
Translation:
Zitat
Hail Earendil, brightest of stars,
over Middle-Earth to men sent
and loyal radiance of the sun,
bright beyond the stars, every time
from thyself always you illuminate.

Callligraphy originaly was made by Maria Morelen, I have just adjusted it for circled shape. Eärendil's vessel has been created by myself, according to famous work of Ted Nasmith, "The Shores of Valinor" , and according to original Tolkien heraldry of Eärendil.
Look from game: Link.

I hope you will guys find this usefull and reasonable. :)

Best regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Feb 2016, 00:09 von CragLord »

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #34 am: 13. Feb 2016, 23:46 »
Phenomenal! As always :).

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #35 am: 14. Feb 2016, 00:26 »
It's gorgeous Crag.  This may be your best work.  I think this piece of art definitely deserves to be included in the mod.  My only question is how it will look with the intense fx on it, but that's easy to work around.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #36 am: 14. Feb 2016, 18:28 »
Thank you guys! :)
Helloa, did you think something like this?
I will add picture for dds as propsal in list of suggestions in first comment.

Regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Feb 2016, 18:31 von CragLord »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #37 am: 14. Feb 2016, 18:41 »
Hi, Crag  :)

The picture is simply wonderful – a true message of Hope and salvation as Eärendil's White Ship is indeed – and I'm sure it would significantly add something more in the game.
I am quite speechless  (**)

Beware, the other factions could get a bit jealous if you focus your attentions on our beloved Lothlórien  :D

Greetings  ;)

Spacetyrant93

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #38 am: 14. Feb 2016, 19:12 »
A simply magnificent picture indeed Craig, worthy of the greatness and splendor of Earendil and Vingilot. It looks great both in itself and ingame, it would be spectacular.

Great work, as usual.  :)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #39 am: 14. Feb 2016, 19:21 »

Thanks Walk! :)
I have expected you.  ;) :D
I am glad you like it. Don't worry, I will try to help with polishing of other factions too, according to my free time. :)  ;)

Regards mate!
Crag

Thank you very much!
I am glad to see positive feedback from you guys. :)

Regards,
CragLord

Thanks for kind words!
I am glad you like and support new proposal. :)

Greetings,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Feb 2016, 00:27 von CragLord »

Celebrimbor

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #40 am: 14. Feb 2016, 19:33 »
CragLord
Thats really awesome i thank you for your Work that you have done.
I hope that i see that later in the game!