28. Mär 2024, 23:05 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: uruk captains  (Gelesen 2803 mal)

mauhir42

• Bilbos Festgast
uruk captains
« am: 4. Dez 2015, 19:20 »
hello edain creators..i really do not like the new uruk captain upgrade and would prefer the return of the original three uruk captains that could be recruited in the uruk pit.one reason is they make sarumans second power totally useless.another reason is isengard doesn't have many heroes..these guys were a big help.i loved the models you guys used for them but I would change their powers a little..each captain would give your uruks a different small bonus..one would give a small armor bonus,the second would give a small attack bonus,and the third would give a small speed bonus.when all three captains are on the battlefield together the bonuses would improve a little bit.plus I would give each captain a war chant ability to pump your uruks.each captain would cost a thousand resources.well that is my idea for the captains..what do you think?

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
Re: uruk captains
« Antwort #1 am: 4. Dez 2015, 20:06 »
I'm sorry to disagree but I very much like the current use of Uruk Captains and I don't want it to change. By the way, Saruman's ability becomes useless only when you have enough money to upgrade every single troop, that's to say in VERY late game. Still, doesn't it give experience to berzerkers and Warg riders? Those troops can't get instantly level 5.

"That still only counts as one!"

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #2 am: 4. Dez 2015, 20:14 »
Zitat
Still, doesn't it give experience to berzerkers and Warg riders? Those troops can't get instantly level 5.
This and you can still use the tower version. OK, this falls off a bit, because your production should be high enough in LG, but it's still an option.
Now I understand the idea of bringing back the captains as single units, I too liked them in 3.8.1. However, many systems and concepts have been simplified (in a positive way IMO) in Edain 4.2.1 and the current implementation (being a very strong LG-upgrade) is again perfect for Isengard's LG-theme and perfectionism. Also, Isengard doesn't have so few heroes: Saruman, Grima, Ugluk, Lurtz, Sharku, Wulfgar, (Bill Ferny) -I think this is totally OK.
To sum up, I don't want to change the new system, eventhough I understand why you don't like it or see it as a step backwards.

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #3 am: 5. Dez 2015, 02:56 »
I don't see why you'd want to change the system, the ability for all units to get the Uruk Captains is so OP its hilarious. Also, Isengard has plenty of heroes, so its really quite unnecessary.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

mauhir42

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 5. Dez 2015, 04:04 »
Well i like the old captains way better..but i guess i am in the minority ..what does the edain team think?