29. Mär 2024, 00:34 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Would you like to see a mini trailer/scene from the film made in the map if so which one

elven sluice scene
0 (0%)
the entrance to the woodland realm
6 (42.9%)
thranduil and thorin
3 (21.4%)
fight scene in elven forest with the orcs
5 (35.7%)
none of the above
0 (0%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 14

Autor Thema: The Woodland Realm Custom Map OUT NOW!  (Gelesen 33304 mal)

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
The Woodland Realm Custom Map OUT NOW!
« am: 6. Dez 2015, 13:14 »
Well its been a long time in the making but here it is.
I want to thank those who helped me with this map magicKoala in particular :)
The Video clip for the map is also with it being the entrance to the woodland realm which did the best in my survey. Please check that out would be a great to know people you guys watched it, the download link is also available from the youtube clip.
I hope you all enjoy the map and look forward to hearing your feedback.

YOUTUBE LINK: https://youtu.be/tu00JlP3PEU

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/?yystlc98lso8lty (updated to 1.1 with bug fixes)

Oh and as for my next project all im going to say at this moment is that it will be a certain Homely House ;)

Also Huge shoutout to Dani The Monster for making a video on the map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bu66nJ58zM   :P

Update: (OLD PHOTOS)

« Letzte Änderung: 4. Feb 2016, 08:43 von calsash »
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"

CragLord

• Gast
Re: The Woodland Realm Custom Map
« Antwort #1 am: 6. Dez 2015, 15:36 »
And it looks great form these pictures. ;)
Thanks again man! :) I am looking forward to this map!
Keep with your work, it is amazing so far! :)

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #2 am: 6. Dez 2015, 16:12 »
And it looks great form these pictures. ;)
Thanks again man! :) I am looking forward to this map!
Keep with your work, it is amazing so far! :)
Thank you so much CragLord :D

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
  • "Nothing is true, but... Santa is."
« Antwort #3 am: 6. Dez 2015, 17:03 »
The map is looking amazing, looking forward to play it!

As for Tauriel, the Mirkwood map.ini force Tauriel to be recruitable via Outpost:

But, depending on the citadel youre using, im not really sure how to add her to the list of heroes. The game usually follows the order defined on playertemplate (module changed in the map.ini code above).

As for the Watchers, you can add those to the citadel commandset and see what happen:
Command_ConstructMirkwoodWächterPfadeHorde
Great map!

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #4 am: 6. Dez 2015, 18:01 »
The map is looking amazing, looking forward to play it!

As for Tauriel, the Mirkwood map.ini force Tauriel to be recruitable via Outpost:

But, depending on the citadel youre using, im not really sure how to add her to the list of heroes. The game usually follows the order defined on playertemplate (module changed in the map.ini code above).

As for the Watchers, you can add those to the citadel commandset and see what happen:
Command_ConstructMirkwoodWächterPfadeHorde
Great map!
How Do i add in the codes haha, and thank you for letting me know :)

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #5 am: 6. Dez 2015, 18:25 »
Hehe, np ^^

Do the following:

- Create a file called map.ini inside your map folder. (new > file, rename it)
- Copy/past the contents of the mirkwood map.ini code on the ini file.
- After youre done choosing your citadel, check for its ObjectName. Should be like LothlorienCastleBaseKeep or a similar.
- You can set a new commandSet for any object, but you cant replace it.
So, assuming your Citadel is LothlorienCastleBaseKeep, you can override its CommandSet using:
Zitat
Object LothlorienCastleBaseKeep
CommandSet = MakeUniqueName
End

Then, you actually create the commandset you just named:

These codes go in the same map.ini file, but yr Mirkwood map.ini codes already override the current commandSet for all Lothlorien bases. So, assuming youre using one of them, you have to change its name, instead of creating a new one, or removing it before creating yours. Like that:

Zitat
 CommandSet = LothlorienCastleBaseKeep CommandSet_MapMirkwood
End

Will change to:

Zitat
 CommandSet = LothlorienCastleBaseKeep CommandSet_MapMirkwoodCa lsash
End

Hope it helps^^
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Dez 2015, 18:29 von magickoala »

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #6 am: 7. Dez 2015, 01:47 »
It looks nice^^
Btw, the code posted by magickoala is perfectly working, so you can definitely use it with no problems^^

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #7 am: 7. Dez 2015, 15:32 »
The map looks nice, I am actually also making a Woodland Realm map, but yours looks better  :). I actually used 3ds max 7 to cut some parts from the Mirkwood outpost buildings, and from those parts now I have Mirkwood columns, arches and stairs in WorldBuilder  :)

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #8 am: 7. Dez 2015, 15:38 »
The map looks nice, I am actually also making a Woodland Realm map, but yours looks better  :). I actually used 3ds max 7 to cut some parts from the Mirkwood outpost buildings, and from those parts now I have Mirkwood columns, arches and stairs in WorldBuilder  :)

Sounds great, Thorin! I wanted to ask, how youre loading the edited files and the new objects in the editor? youre compiling them into the .BIG or dropping it into the BFME folder?

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #9 am: 7. Dez 2015, 15:43 »
Nice work, be sure to announce it again when you have finished the map. I am looking forward to trying it out. :)
RPG:

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #10 am: 7. Dez 2015, 18:32 »
Yes thorin i could do with  tutorial on how to do that or if it would be possible if you could send me the new buildings that would be amazing if you could :P and thank you :D

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #11 am: 7. Dez 2015, 18:34 »
Nice work, be sure to announce it again when you have finished the map. I am looking forward to trying it out. :)
I will post frequent updates on the maps progress just like my other maps :) and thank you :D

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #12 am: 7. Dez 2015, 18:52 »
Yes thorin i could do with  tutorial on how to do that or if it would be possible if you could send me the new buildings that would be amazing if you could :P and thank you :D

Im not sure but i think you can't add new objects nor models to maps without messing with game files.

Maybe theres a way to put the files inside without messing with the compiled .BIGs thou, by just dropping them into the folder, but still, you would have to add them in the handcreatedimages.ini, wich is currently inside the Edain .BIG, so in any cases you will end messing with Edain BIG files, wich isnt a really good idea, since when a update arrives the launcher makes a hashcheck for the BIG files, and any altered BIG will be overriden with the original Edain files.

That said, without implementing new objects directly into the code, you cant use new objects on maps =/

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #13 am: 7. Dez 2015, 19:04 »

Im not sure but i think you can't add new objects nor models to maps without messing with game files.

Maybe theres a way to put the files inside without messing with the compiled .BIGs thou, by just dropping them into the folder, but still, you would have to add them in the handcreatedimages.ini, wich is currently inside the Edain .BIG, so in any cases you will end messing with Edain BIG files, wich isnt a really good idea, since when a update arrives the launcher makes a hashcheck for the BIG files, and any altered BIG will be overriden with the original Edain files.

That said, without implementing new objects directly into the code, you cant use new objects on maps =/
Ah well then i will have to make do, and if he does have a way to get around that then i will implement them, by the way with the code ive gotten tauriel to work but not the mirkwood watchers as i couldn't quite follow the instructions i got a bit confused.

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #14 am: 7. Dez 2015, 19:12 »
Ill write a example code when i get home, no worries ^^