29. Mär 2024, 13:38 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Would you like to see a mini trailer/scene from the film made in the map if so which one

elven sluice scene
0 (0%)
the entrance to the woodland realm
6 (42.9%)
thranduil and thorin
3 (21.4%)
fight scene in elven forest with the orcs
5 (35.7%)
none of the above
0 (0%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 14

Autor Thema: The Woodland Realm Custom Map OUT NOW!  (Gelesen 33315 mal)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: The Woodland Realm Custom Map
« Antwort #15 am: 7. Dez 2015, 19:17 »
You can't add new models/skins with a single map. To do this you always have to crate an own mod.
All you can do is creating a map.ini, which changes the code for only one map.^^

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
« Antwort #16 am: 7. Dez 2015, 19:17 »
Ill write a example code when i get home, no worries ^^
Thanks alot mate :)
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
  • "Nothing is true, but... Santa is."
« Antwort #17 am: 7. Dez 2015, 19:29 »
Zitat
All you can do is creating a map.ini, which changes the code for only one map.^^

So, that brought a doubt. Supposing i have a new model / texture, i can code it via map.ini, put the files inside the extracted folders of BFME2 path or i need to compile it in the BIG file?

Like, i map my texture creating a entry on map.ini, and move the texture to the /art/compiledtextures/etc. The game will recognize it in the folders?

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #18 am: 7. Dez 2015, 19:39 »
You have to integrate it the same ways as a mod does it. There are different methods, but basically you're making your own mod then and this probably means that other players can't play with you (no matter what map you're playing), as you have different files than them.^^
But yes: Most of the coding can be done with map.inis (but not everything), but all the other things need to be in an own mod, which has to be installed like any other mod.

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #19 am: 7. Dez 2015, 19:51 »
Thanks, Gnomi :) Thats actually interesting, ill give a try and see if i can map new textures without using BIGs, mapping them via map.ini. This way the launcher dont eat up your changes when updating, and you still can play the map.

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #20 am: 7. Dez 2015, 20:17 »
I can assure you that you can't add completely new textures with the map.ini - if you manage to do it, you'll do something noone in >10 years of bfme mapping has managed to do. :P
You can change the skin a unit is using with codes, but you can't add new stuff with a map.ini^^

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #21 am: 7. Dez 2015, 20:24 »
I have run into a few problems regarding the maps fortress such as the building i want to use as the fortress isnt working in game also the build plots and gate are also not working, aswell as i have forgotten how to make a border for the fortress so it will all be visable to player 1, help would be really appreciated.

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #22 am: 7. Dez 2015, 20:28 »
There never was much hope. Just a fool's hope.:D

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #23 am: 7. Dez 2015, 20:48 »
What exactly do you mean by "is not working ingame"?

Making an area visible is quite easy:
Create an area with the area tool. Then open the script window, create a new script, open "Actions when true" and click on "New".
Then look for maps->shroud and reveal-> reveal map inside trigger area for player.

Now just write down your area name and the player who shall see those parts.

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #24 am: 7. Dez 2015, 20:52 »
What exactly do you mean by "is not working ingame"?

Making an area visible is quite easy:
Create an area with the area tool. Then open the script window, create a new script, open "Actions when true" and click on "New".
Then look for maps->shroud and reveal-> reveal map inside trigger area for player.

Now just write down your area name and the player who shall see those parts.
Basically everything has been set up right, just like how i've done it in other maps with custom fortresses and with hoho's tutorial but when i start the game the building i want for the fortress is replaced by a normal castle and i don't know why. and the build plots in the fortress aren't working.

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #25 am: 7. Dez 2015, 20:54 »
Probably you're using a fortress object which isn't meant to be the citadel of a fortress. Try to use the WOTR_something objects, they are working. If you want to use other objects you have to give them all the behaviors of one of those objects with a map.ini :)

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #26 am: 7. Dez 2015, 21:40 »
Probably you're using a fortress object which isn't meant to be the citadel of a fortress. Try to use the WOTR_something objects, they are working. If you want to use other objects you have to give them all the behaviors of one of those objects with a map.ini :)
All right thank you Gnomi :)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #27 am: 7. Dez 2015, 22:30 »
The map looks nice, I am actually also making a Woodland Realm map, but yours looks better  :). I actually used 3ds max 7 to cut some parts from the Mirkwood outpost buildings, and from those parts now I have Mirkwood columns, arches and stairs in WorldBuilder  :)
Yes thorin i could do with  tutorial on how to do that or if it would be possible if you could send me the new buildings that would be amazing if you could :P and thank you :D
It's fairly simple: you can open, for example, the Mirkwood citadel building's model in 3ds max 7, then delete all the parts of the model (by clicking them and pressing 'Delete') except one column, for example. Then extract the model of the column alone, and you have a Mirkwood column  :) You can repeat the process with other Mirkwood buildings and leave different parts of the models.
I know this may sound a bit complicated  :P. I'd love to just send you the models of the Mirkwood props, but I don't have access to my computer right now (cus it breaks down quite a lot... ) so I can't send them.
But I can describe to you how to do it in detail in PM if you wish  :).

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
« Antwort #28 am: 7. Dez 2015, 22:45 »
So, heres the full code with Watchers. However, this code was made for the Lothlorien citadel, (LothlorienCastleBaseKeep). In case youre using another fortress, you will need to add some extra code. Ill try to go over what you will need to do:

Full map.ini code:

So, i marked in RED the parts you must note. Also, in the Mirkwood Base and in the Camp, i replaced the default archer with the guardians.

In case youre not using a LothlorienCastleBaseKeep as primary base, you will need to add this to the end of the code, changing accordly in the red parts.

Thou i seriously advice you to use one of the Lothlorien bases, because if you dont do it you gonna have to add all the Behaviours from the normal base to your base, and thats really.. extensive. And potentially problematic. XD

Heres an ingame example:

Let me know how it works^^

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #29 am: 8. Dez 2015, 17:38 »
So, heres the full code with Watchers. However, this code was made for the Lothlorien citadel, (LothlorienCastleBaseKeep). In case youre using another fortress, you will need to add some extra code. Ill try to go over what you will need to do:

Full map.ini code:

So, i marked in RED the parts you must note. Also, in the Mirkwood Base and in the Camp, i replaced the default archer with the guardians.

In case youre not using a LothlorienCastleBaseKeep as primary base, you will need to add this to the end of the code, changing accordly in the red parts.

Thou i seriously advice you to use one of the Lothlorien bases, because if you dont do it you gonna have to add all the Behaviours from the normal base to your base, and thats really.. extensive. And potentially problematic. XD

Heres an ingame example:

Let me know how it works^^
Thank you for putting so much effort in to help me, so i entered the code but this error came up everytime i tried to play the map: http://imgur.com/XWwXjY2