19. Apr 2024, 21:14 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

because sometimes i have some ideas,what do you prefer ?

snowy elven map (country not fortress)
7 (18.4%)
Harlindon reconstructed
9 (23.7%)
Ost in Edhil reconstructed
8 (21.1%)
elven stronghold on Rhudaur against mens of Carn Dum (like a siege)
14 (36.8%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 25

Autor Thema: The old Fornost (ruin like in the game War in the North)  (Gelesen 17969 mal)

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Dez 2015, 17:16 von lord_ellessar »

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
Re: The old Fornost (ruin like in the game War in the North)
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Dez 2015, 11:24 »
Finally, finally, FINALLY!!!
I have wanted a War in the North Fornost map in Edain mod for so long, and I'm glad someone is gonna take up the challenge of doing it  xD.
I can't wait to see pics  ;).

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #2 am: 8. Dez 2015, 11:34 »
I'm glad to see your enthusiasm ;) I post some pictures. Off course you can give me your suggestions ;)

« Letzte Änderung: 8. Dez 2015, 15:05 von lord_ellessar »

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #3 am: 8. Dez 2015, 15:32 »
Wow, it looks amazing; most of it captures the feel of Fornost's gate level in War in the North  :).
I have some suggestions though:
-It would look more like in the War in the North if you remove the trees from the citadel-part and make the citadel look more like this:
https://cdn1.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/715/113/large/rory-young-fornost-tower-01.jpg?1431418231
And add to the citadel building the tower from the War in the North that looks like Barad Dur: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-S0Keswz-1Jk/UduN2p1jNCI/AAAAAAAAAGY/1j5p1n4LxJw/s1600/Fornost14.jpg
As you can see in the far background of this picture, there are pine trees on the hills behind Fornost:  http://tolkiengateway.net/w/images/d/d6/The_Lord_of_the_Rings_War_in_the_North_-_Fornost.jpg
So maybe you can add those trees to the hills in your map? And also make some pine forests in front of the walls of Fornost, like in the picture (you can use the Iron Hills pine Tree from WorldBuilder?)
-You can add a bit more of these places:
https://cdn1.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/715/021/large/rory-young-fornost-ruins-06.jpg?1431416309
http://nlfw.stuffcorp.com/witn/fornost6.jpg
And also, add some iron spikes to the ruins of the citadel and around it, like in Witn.
These are just suggestions, though, I think the map will be better with them, but it is great already ;).

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #4 am: 8. Dez 2015, 16:33 »
those spikes and buildings are from the gobelins i would do this map like a place of the rangers, but i could do a second one with gobelins influence :)

« Letzte Änderung: 8. Dez 2015, 16:41 von lord_ellessar »

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #5 am: 8. Dez 2015, 17:19 »
Oh I understand, but yeah it would be great if you did a second version with the goblin buildings and spikes, I hope it won't be too much  :).
Consider my other suggestions also  ;) And again, the map looks awesome anyway.

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #6 am: 8. Dez 2015, 18:35 »
Thanks a lot it is really Nice to hear that ;)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #7 am: 8. Dez 2015, 21:07 »
^^Well I really like the map, and I'm sure others do too  :).
I'm patiently waiting for more progress pics on both the Ranger-influenced version and the Goblin-influenced version  ;).

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #8 am: 8. Dez 2015, 22:37 »
Looks nice so far. It's definetly an interesting alternative to the snowy BfMe Version. ^^

The amphitheater in the corner is a cool little detail from the BfMe Map though.

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #9 am: 8. Dez 2015, 23:08 »
Thanks ^^ I'm trying to keep the basic map, I put an atmosphere more like in war in the north, I think that even if it was the witch king who destroyed the city, his influence won't be so strong and for a so long time :)

lotr1997

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • This is SauronlordoftheEarth from modb LOVE EDAIN!
« Antwort #10 am: 8. Dez 2015, 23:13 »
Lord Ellasar this map is great! I love the Rhudaur map to. You are a really good map maker cant wait to play this one!
There is only one lord of the rings, only one who can bend it to his will, and he does not share power!

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #11 am: 8. Dez 2015, 23:16 »
Actually one of the things I like about the War in the North Fornost is that the game emphasises on how the Witchking had his residence set up at Fornost, and so the metal spikes and the Black citadel tower are some leftover ruins from the Witchking's rule after he was driven out.  :)
Anyway, as I said, both versions look really great. And I agree, I can't wait to play the map (both versions  :P) ^^

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #12 am: 8. Dez 2015, 23:24 »
^^ it is really nice to hear that ^^ ... I think i will make to alternative to this one, the first one; Fornost the ranger old stronghold, the second: Fornost; the gobelin base and finally the basic one where you can play every faction into the fortress,... :) I'm also working on hobbiton, Ost in Edhil, Carn Dum (snowy with the witch king influence), Rhunear (capital of Rhun), and some mission maps with the last alliance and Arnor (for those one I'm waiting for imladris and the iron crown), i also will make some others Arnor cities like Hoarwell or Annuminas, i project to make a map with bree and well those are the first :) if you have some interesting ideas i take :)

I'll try to end those one before the end of this holidays, I'll also work on Carn Dum directly when they give us angmar faction. :)

As you can see into my first map I'm using sometimes scripts or market place to take for exemple I will make farms, mines, fishing ports, ... That give you money when you take it... On this map when you are playing rangers you have directly some camps but to earn money you have to take some camps that give you money and you have to defend it :)
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Dez 2015, 23:34 von lord_ellessar »

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #13 am: 8. Dez 2015, 23:28 »
Actually one of the things I like about the War in the North Fornost is that the game emphasises on how the Witchking had his residence set up at Fornost, and so the metal spikes and the Black citadel tower are some leftover ruins from the Witchking's rule after he was driven out.  :)
Anyway, as I said, both versions look really great. And I agree, I can't wait to play the map (both versions  :P) ^^

Very very interesting point of vue indeed the witch king could make fornost as his own fortress, so I won't put the dark citadel at the same place of the actual citadel, maybe in place of the big building or something else :)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #14 am: 8. Dez 2015, 23:35 »
I had an idea about the Goblin-influenced citadel: maybe you can merge the regular Ranger and Goblin citadel by doing this: try placing the EttenmoorsGoblinFortress Tower (I think this was its name in WorldBuilder) in the middle of the big dome of the Fornost citadel (Ranger-influenced) and maybe some Mordor flags around it, and see how it turns out  ;).