14. Mai 2024, 10:58 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Angmar Ring Hero  (Gelesen 6864 mal)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: Angmar Ring Hero
« Antwort #15 am: 16. Feb 2016, 16:00 »
I agree that giving it to the Witch King is a fitting option but is it lore accurate? Even though there is very little on Angmar a faction that the Team created for the most parts they are still trying to link it with the rest of the Middle-Earth lore. In addition, I agree with Spacetyrant93 that Mornamath could be a possible ring hero (although it would feel to some like a Boromir/Arvedui ripoff) the Team itself mentioned it in their news about him
Zitat
The Witch-king knows well that while Mornamarth is a great asset, he is not truly loyal to anyone and is best kept on a short leash. For his part, Mornamarth burns to rule Angmar himself one day, but for now he bides his time and builds his power by destroying Angmar's enemies.
To me that a Barad-Dur sized sign saying "I'M A RING HERO" or at least that he is ring hero material. But I can't wait to see what the team has cooked up.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Spacetyrant93

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #16 am: 16. Feb 2016, 16:06 »
A ring hero he could very well be, but his ascension to power would mean an absoloute coup-d'etat, a fragmentation of an already didived kingdom that only the iron grip of its undead ruler managed to keep together, and said ruler would be definetly less than happy, hence why Mornamath would be time-restricted: no way you can back-stab the WK and expect to survive (unless you're a Hobbit)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #17 am: 16. Feb 2016, 16:19 »
I'll add some of my thoughts, if I may.

The Witch-King does not have a real will of his own. His will is bound to that of Sauron and the Ring. The idea that the WK can wield the ring is beyond absurd, in my opinion. He is also not drawn to the ring, because he is already enslaved by its master, which made it so that he would immediately bring the ring to him and that the ring does not have any corruptive powers over him. The only thing the WK can do, is enact the will of his master and everything within those contours.

I think giving the ring to the other heroes somewhere makes more sense to me. All of Angmar's heroes consist of human beings, there are many possible what-if scenarios with the Ring of Power.

Now, if we look at the currently made proposals, they all have some difficult implications. If we were to find a middle ground between them all, like where the Witch King either places the ring into a fortress, some kind Altar to Sauron outpost, or uses an Angmar hero as a vassal to carry the ring for the time being, I think would we able to do something unique.

@Spacetyrant93
Two things to note:
1. The majority of the Men of Carn-Dûm are not Black Numenoreans. Their origin is speculative, but just like the Hill-men that were corrupted, it is speculated that they are descended from Ulfang and his Easterling remnants from the 1st Age that crossed into Beleriand. Of course, some Arnorians decided to side with The Witch-King, if I am not mistaken, so you are not completely mistaken.

2. If you read the lore that ET gave to Mornamarth, they actually state that the Witch-King is aware that Mornamarth desires to rule Carn-Dûm himself one day. He wishes to overthrow his superior due to his lust for power, but he obeys him for the time being, because he does not possess enough strength.

Greetings.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Spacetyrant93

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #18 am: 16. Feb 2016, 16:38 »
@Odysseus

Being Ring Heroes a very speculative subject, it's mostly a matter of gameplay. I mean, some heroes that are now Ring Heroes never even saw it, like Arvendui and Theoden (technically not even Saruman, even if he did want it), others had the most disgust of it (like Elrond, IF he still is a RH) other yet make even less sense like Durin and Smaug. Lore helps here, with Durin's reincarnations and Smaug's 'dragon sickness', but in the whole, they all receive the Ring from a 'what if' perspective, that is subjected to the need of having a Ring Hero available (if you want the Ring to be in the game, that is). I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but only a 'gameplay requirement' let's say.
So this would somehow 'justify' a Ring Hero Witch King, also because this version of Angmar implies that WK might not have a true will of his own, but certainly a good level of independent thought and judgement, else he wouldn't have been able to build his kingdom. That and he didn't really look for the Ring yet, as opposed to what Sauron might have preferred, or at least I think so. Let's just say Sauron worked on a good AI  :P

But in the end, I somehow agree that the WK would immediately take the Ring back to tha boss. Well it has been suggested (and supported) that the Ring in brought to the Fortress..what happens next isn't yet fully clear, but having Sauron manifested in some way seems what could actually occur...even if technically this would go back to the vanilla game, what with Sauron re-obtaining the Ring at all. Actually, thinking about it, it wouldn't be so absurd a setting for Angmar...

On the notes:
1. Well I used to refer to them that way, my bad. Never thought much about it, sorry. About traitorious Arnorians I have no idea.

2.I did, and that's why he screamed 'Ring Hero'. Still,I think the Witch King would not react well to his betrayal, as he might have anticipated it, but he surely did not anticipate him finding the One. Treason is treason.

« Letzte Änderung: 16. Feb 2016, 16:45 von Spacetyrant93 »