29. Mär 2024, 07:15 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Eowyn's Disguise  (Gelesen 4237 mal)

Saruman_the_wise

• Thain des Auenlandes
Eowyn's Disguise
« am: 13. Dez 2015, 02:47 »
Hello all and ET Gods I have a rather small  suggestion that should be added to eowyns disguise ability: when she use disguise on foot she should appear as a peasant and not be auto mounted one because its frustrating when there are spearmen and you have to blow her cover in order to not get her killed but also because it makes sense if there's not always horsemen around and its just a neat little addition, just like the mountable hobbits  :)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: Eowyn's Disguise
« Antwort #1 am: 13. Dez 2015, 05:03 »
That would make sense but i think it wouldn't be lore accurate enough. Eowyn didn't sneak out at the battle of Hornburg to fight. Her wish is to mostly be a rohirrim. But that's just my opinion.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Saruman_the_wise

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #2 am: 13. Dez 2015, 16:16 »
I was more thinking along the line of gameplay and neatness.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #3 am: 16. Dez 2015, 13:14 »
Eowyn's disguise ability as it stands is utterly useless, and nobody uses it. I would be more for removing it and adding something else personally.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #4 am: 16. Dez 2015, 21:29 »
I second that, Eowyn is a very unique character, it would be nice to expand her some more. I would like the team to expand on the part where she decides to drop being a shieldmaiden and decides to become a healer. This could be really interesting. I'm thinking of a lvl 10 second palantir that would have eowyn pick between shieldmaiden or healer, causing a different lvl10 ability to replace it after the choice is made.

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #5 am: 16. Dez 2015, 22:50 »
While I totally agree that Eowyn is crippled unnecessarily by having two mounts and having actually really few abilities that help her specific role (murder enemy heroes and Witchkings left, right and center! :D), I thus think that giving her another level 10 ability would be non-sense. Apart from that: Her quote "I am no man!" before sort of killing (he isn't really living to begin with xD) the Witchking of Angmar / Sauron's Deadliest Servant / the Lord of the Nazgûl is clearly one of the most badass moments in RotK. I don't care for how creative a healing spell is, it won't replace the awesomeness of this line and moment!
Also purely from a gameplay perspective: She is Rohan's anti-hero-heroine, so she needs exactly this spell as her final ability. And "I am no man!" does exactly this: Turn her into a living nightmare for enemy heroes who dare fight her near the marked target.

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #6 am: 17. Dez 2015, 13:10 »
I'm not saying it has to replace the "I am no man", I agree it's epic af, but either it could be downgraded to lv7 or simply have the healer/warrior choice be made at a lower level. I was just thinking that was an interesting idea to have since her becoming lady of ithilien is quite a big part of her life even though it is mentioned very little in the War of the Ring.

What I'm saying is that all her abilities should apart from the disguise and I also believe that Eowyn, being who she is (that is epic), has to be more than just a "hero killer." I think since she already has all those hero killer abilities, something that explores her other facets would be interesting. It could be that Eowyn gets two level 10 abilities: "I am no man" and Lady of ithilien which would have some effect like summoning Faramir or something like.

Anyways stuff to think about, let's think constructive and get that disguise ability out of the way.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #7 am: 18. Dez 2015, 13:56 »
I agree that Eowyn is an awesome character, but she doesn't become a healer. Sure, she spends time in the Houses of Healing after her greatest moment of glory, killing the Witch King, but after she is healed she lives in peace with Faramir, she doesn't become an actual healer. I personally would like to see an ability that buffs allied heroes resistance against enemy heroes, perhaps with the title "Courage for our Friends". I think this would suit her rather well if it replaced the useless disguise ability.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #8 am: 18. Dez 2015, 14:48 »
Maybe the disguise could be tweaked a bit instead of just throwing it out of the window? I find it very fitting from a lore perspective so I'd like it to stay.

Obvious ways to improve it would be to add a damage and/or armor buff while disguise is active, but since she already has two abilities doing exactly that... not too great. Maybe it could allow her to stun targets that she attacks for a few seconds after leaving the disguise? Not as long as Lurtz crippling obviously, but a little bit could still help her out.
So it would be something like: Go in cloaked -> remove disguise, stun enemy hero -> punch him a lot -> spearthrow finisher. Just a very quick suggestion, but since you guys don't seem to be too fond of the ability I thought I'd just say that I like the idea behind it^^

And of course I agree with the original suggestion of Saruman the wise concerning the mounting issue.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #9 am: 18. Dez 2015, 15:51 »
+1. I agree with both. I personally have yet to spend time thinking on improvements or, if really needed, an alternative, but if the ability could be kept, it might be better. I think Eowyn is already quite useful.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #10 am: 18. Dez 2015, 18:32 »
To be perfectly clear: I never intended to remove the Disguise. At the moment it essentially mounts her, so if anything the normal mount should be removed. :D
However I prefer Die bucklige Verwandschaft suggestion the most, as it wouldn't waste this ability slot and strenghten her ingame-role.

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

PS @Die bucklige Verwandschaft: Elendil, der Name ist echt blöd, wenn er in Gesprächen genannt wird. Unmöglich, den in den richtigen Fall zu setzen. :D