28. Mär 2024, 21:06 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Legolas and Haldir  (Gelesen 13142 mal)

Sawman

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Legolas and Haldir
« am: 17. Dez 2015, 17:02 »
Do some of you find Haldir's abilities a little weak? His golden arrow is solid and his last ability is okay I suppose not great though and his first ability after the switch bow/sword can't remember the name is kinda useless IMO I never use it any ways so I suggest that it is removed and replaced by another ability

It could be called "We Will Honour That Alligence"
Haldir picks 3 Galadrim to become a part of his regiment (at level 10) these Galadrim would act like the old ones from 3.8 that Rohan could recruit from the inn and have more hp/armour and a higher attack speed than normal Galadrim and could just buy the upgrades for them because Haldir would be already level 10

I think Haldir needs this ability because he costs 1300 I believe and over factions 1000 hero's have better abilities than him take for example Bergrond of Gondor at level 10 he can summon a heroic unit the white company  and Haldir can summon March wardens that can move a short distance and aren't that good.

Onto Legolas. So I have read the balance discussion and have seen that some people wanted a change to his train archer ability and some who want it to stay. Me personally I'd like to see a change so my suggestion is well this

It could be called "Aim At The Neck"
For a short time all loth archer around Legolas ignore their enemies armour
I think this would contribute to his mass slayer role and add something from the two towers film at the same time.
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Apr 2016, 23:31 von DieWalküre »

Spacetyrant93

Re: Legolas and Haldir
« Antwort #1 am: 17. Dez 2015, 17:28 »
I'll start with saying that I don't really use Haldir that often, so what I say counts only so much, but I'll say that if I don't use him, there's a reason. I do find him a little weak, even if I can't properly judge since I don't really use him.

Yet I do like this ability, brings in some Two Towers feeling, even if there is no Allegiance to which he might refer here, since there be no humans in the faction :P

On Legolas, the ability you suggest sounds good, I don't see Legolas as the teachin/training type, he's a prince, he commands, and the renewed Two Towers feeling is more than welcome again, as this is where we see Lothlorien's soldiers.

Very good idea overall.

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #2 am: 17. Dez 2015, 17:50 »
I like your idea for Legolas. It would make sense because Legolas is very skilled at Archery, meaning that his advice would be useful to archers around.  I think it should also make Archers gain more experience than usual on kills, making somewhat of a  compromise for the people who like Train Archers.

On the other hand, I don't agree on Haldir's ability.  It sounds really similar to Rohan's Spellbook power, and I don't think having 2 summons is a good idea.  Concerning his ability that makes a unit invisible for a short time, I don't have much experience with the ability, I'd have to try it out more before I can say I want a change to it.

I like the Border Guards summon.  While they are not that strong and can't be moved at will, they r always invisible, immune to trample, and there is no limit to how many you can have.  If you lucky with Mirror of Galadriel and get Gold (and are not spamming Golden Arrow), the summon spell comes back really fast.  They might need a small stat boost though, because they might be a little weak considering that Haldir needs to be lvl 8 to get the ability.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #3 am: 17. Dez 2015, 19:25 »
I agree with Legolas but not Haldir's. Haldir isn't a mighty commander merely a marchwarden who couldn't hold his ground to a couple of Uruk-hais  :P. He is good enough like that. As for Legolas I agree with the idea, not once, neither in the book nor in the movies was he seen as a teacher but he definitely has that King aura, defeating a Mumakil and slaying numerous orcs.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

-DJANGO-

• Balins Schriftführer
  • I might play Unchained!
« Antwort #4 am: 17. Dez 2015, 20:22 »
Haldir: I would just increase the area of invisibility, so that the units around Haldir (most often Bowman) get the effect too. After all Haldir has this passive invisibility for himself...

Legolas: I find his ability good as it is now. So no need for change...
- THE EAGLES ARE COMING -

Sawman

« Antwort #5 am: 17. Dez 2015, 21:24 »
So kinda had a new idea for Haldir if he got a new ability this would add a second kind of heroic unit for loth because if he got the ability I posted earlier you would have a lot more than 3 special Galadrim with clumping and what not so I say maybe once he's level 10 or whatever he can select the fortress to make his special Galadrim and only be able to make 3 battalions
just a little of a improvement from before :D

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #6 am: 17. Dez 2015, 21:34 »
Absolutely against this!
Lothlorien is already ridicously overcrowded with archers, it's actually no fun anymore. Adding another archer unit, would leave this faction with a total of 6 different archer units, not considering the spell-book, which is just silly.

Furthermore, I agree with DJANGO: Invisibilty is such a unique concept with such a wide range of counterplay and it is sadly really lackluster to the point where it appears totally random. Defensive abilities that involve stealthing your troops are always welcome and Haldir's "Move unseen" or whatever it's called needs to be improved.
Apart from that, Haldir seems pretty nice for me: He has a leadership and a stun, can attack from afar and has a decent eventhough not stunning level 8 ability. In my opinion he should be fine. ;)

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #7 am: 17. Dez 2015, 21:47 »
I share the same opinion as Melkor Bauglir and DJANGO.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #8 am: 21. Dez 2015, 14:57 »
I don't agree or disagree with the ability ideas presented. However, I do think that both Move Unseen and Train Archers need to be either improved with additional/stronger effects, or replaced with different abilities.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #9 am: 12. Jan 2016, 21:41 »
I'm with elite here, there definitely needs to be something changing with those abilities, as they feel very lackluster.
I like the Legolas ability change, but agree with Django that Haldir's ability should just receive a buff, as it is a good concept, it just falls a bit short in practice.
I wouldn't mind seeing the border-guards stay as a bodyguard of sorts that follows Haldir, but it's not really something that I see as being needing a change.

Lord of Mordor

• Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #10 am: 13. Jan 2016, 08:32 »
How would you buff Haldir's Move Unseen? It's an ability we'd certainly like to keep, as it's very unique and fits the faction well.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

-DJANGO-

• Balins Schriftführer
  • I might play Unchained!
« Antwort #11 am: 13. Jan 2016, 10:54 »
Sry for the repetition.
Haldir: I would just increase the area of invisibility, so that the units around Haldir (most often Bowman) get the effect too.
At the moment not even a hole Battalion is affected.
- THE EAGLES ARE COMING -

ringbearer

« Antwort #12 am: 13. Jan 2016, 11:02 »
I agree with Django :) .. But guys, can you tell me what haldirs second ability really does? or how to use it "visely" ? i can't say that i have ever felt the need to use it, nor i have ever seen anyone in online matches using it.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #13 am: 13. Jan 2016, 20:29 »
Increase the area of invisibility, and perhaps a movement speed buff as well.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Sawman

« Antwort #14 am: 5. Feb 2016, 05:46 »
I see no one likes the Haldir change so maybe a buff is in order, but apart from buffing his second ability with what people are saying maybe also buff Haldir's gifts by giving the units he summons forged blades along with his upgraded golden arrow? That might make them a little better because once their element of surprise is over they are easy to take out and maybe increase the number he spawns. I think he only spawns 8 at the moment maybe change that to 14-16 with gifts from the lady of the wood