16. Apr 2024, 19:54 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Error when starting edain mod/starting game  (Gelesen 19009 mal)

bg_sickness

• Bilbos Festgast
Error when starting edain mod/starting game
« am: 17. Dez 2015, 18:53 »
I get:

Access denied to path C:Users/..../options.ini

as an error when starting Edain mod, and another error when trying to start the game.

Can someone help me?
this is the logfile of the first error:

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
Re: Error when starting edain mod/starting game
« Antwort #1 am: 17. Dez 2015, 19:19 »
Is the game already running when you start the launcher? It seems so.
What's the error the base game is giving you?

bg_sickness

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 17. Dez 2015, 20:04 »
No, bfme2/rotwk are not running and I can play bfme2 just fine.

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #3 am: 17. Dez 2015, 20:42 »
What about rotwk? And I still need to know the second error.

The first one is that the launcher can't access the options file of the game. There are multiple reasons why this error can occur: the game is running (maybe in the background?), an anti virus program is blocking the launcher, you don't have admins rights and many other issues. It would be easier to adress this if I know the second error.

bg_sickness

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 17. Dez 2015, 21:20 »
The second error is:

An upgrade mask refrences Upgrade_TreeBeardLeaders hip, which is not an Upgrade

Error parsing field 'TriggeredBy' in block 'Object' in file 'data\ini\object\goodfaction\units\ents\treeberd.ini', line 336.

And then a lot of code beneath it.

If I open Task manager it doesn't show any BFME/ROTWK processes which are open, I do have admin rights on this account and I do run avast as my virus scanner.

I also play on Windows 10.

Thanks for the quick replies, I hope I've given enough info :)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 17. Dez 2015, 22:43 »
You have a submod or a different mod installed. Please read the Readme, there is everything explained. Edain mod doesnt work with different submods or mods. Keep in mind that the unofficial patch isnt an official patch -> its a modification too. Uninstall it, uninstall Edain, reinstall Edain and it should work correctly.

bg_sickness

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #6 am: 17. Dez 2015, 23:53 »
You have a submod or a different mod installed. Please read the Readme, there is everything explained. Edain mod doesnt work with different submods or mods. Keep in mind that the unofficial patch isnt an official patch -> its a modification too. Uninstall it, uninstall Edain, reinstall Edain and it should work correctly.

Ah okay yes I installed the unofficial patch indeed, but it doesn't wanna remove from my PC

bg_sickness

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 18. Dez 2015, 00:04 »
I did what Ealendril said, but it still gives me the: Access denied to path C:Users/..../options.ini  when I try to launch the mod

bg_sickness

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #8 am: 18. Dez 2015, 00:18 »
When I pressed OK the launcher loaded, but when I updated the core & launcher I get a pink screen, what did I do wrong?

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 18. Dez 2015, 09:19 »
First: Please no double or triple-Posts. Thanks.
Second: Uninstall everything. Reinstall bfmeII, install the official patches, install rotwk, install the official patch, install Edain. Press then the non starting Fix in the launcher. Update Edain in the launcher. Check your antivira so that it doesnt block the connection to our servers. Check if the original game is able to start, otherwise you did something wrong. Start the game and play.
Thats all.  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Dez 2015, 09:22 von Ealendril »

bg_sickness

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #10 am: 18. Dez 2015, 15:10 »
First: Please no double or triple-Posts. Thanks.
Second: Uninstall everything. Reinstall bfmeII, install the official patches, install rotwk, install the official patch, install Edain. Press then the non starting Fix in the launcher. Update Edain in the launcher. Check your antivira so that it doesnt block the connection to our servers. Check if the original game is able to start, otherwise you did something wrong. Start the game and play.
Thats all.  ;)

I did all that, ROTWK starts, edain starts but I get the pink screen again, then if I press ESC I get to the menu (with skirmish etc.) and then if I select skirmish and play game the game crashes.

Do you guys think it could be a Windows 10 issue?

UPDATE: I thought I maybe had to update the mod again and when I completed the core update it gave me the error: game not found

And I get this error now when starting BFME2:

2nd update:
After rebooting my laptop a few times I now can go into a skirmish game, but the ''custom'' heroes from the mod are invisible. The heroes like the wildmen guy from Isengard (don't know his name sorry)
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Dez 2015, 23:27 von bg_sickness »