19. Apr 2024, 05:00 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Dwarven Khazad Dum veterans  (Gelesen 3045 mal)

DarkBind23

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Tanar Durin Nur !! Baruk Khazad
Dwarven Khazad Dum veterans
« am: 18. Dez 2015, 12:53 »
Now that the dwarven realms are reworked i believe that Khazad dum veterans should be different for each kingdom , cause their expendition improved their skills and also their armour and weapons and upgraded with mithrill !The curent designs dont fit too much cause its like an erebor dwarf covered in mithril which fits for erebor but not for the other 2 realms !
For the IHs i think a great upgrade from a normal troop http://www.moddb.com/members/darkbind23/images/iron-hills-soldiers-concept-art#mediaform
For Ered Luin i didnt find too much concepts but one good http://www.moddb.com/members/darkbind23/images/dwarves-of-ered-luin#imagebox
For mighty erebor the curent design could stay but also http://www.moddb.com/members/darkbind23/images/erebor-heavy-regal-armor-nobleman#imagebox as nice visual upgrade for the troops to the veterans of khazad doom !

These just suggestions id like a member of ET to tell me their opinion and also all the other guys here !id like to listen to your opinions
Tanar Durin Nur !! Baruk Khazad !!! Ya buggers !!!

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
Re: Dwarven Khazad Dum veterans
« Antwort #1 am: 18. Dez 2015, 13:00 »
It actually doesn't contradict itself that much. You could argue that the veterans found lost armor from the Battle of Azanulbizar. As in the movie, the dwarf soldiers at Azanulbizar also wore a lot of Erebor armor.

DarkBind23

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Tanar Durin Nur !! Baruk Khazad
« Antwort #2 am: 18. Dez 2015, 13:03 »
GOOD point ! i just think this would point the defference between all the realms ! for example the ihs veteran should look more tough than ered luin 's one ! Like the roles of the subfactions ! it also gives uniqueness for each faction !
Tanar Durin Nur !! Baruk Khazad !!! Ya buggers !!!

Altarion

• Hobbit
« Antwort #3 am: 4. Apr 2016, 00:02 »
I agree that would be great to have different veterans for each faction. However I'm more interested in different background than different look and abilities.
Of the three kingdom only Erebor in known to have sent dwarves to reclaim Khazad Dum, so it doesn't really fit to the lore that every kingdom could do it.
So here some idea for a different background for each kingdom

- Erebor Khaza Dum veterans are the warriors that travelled with Balin and survived to tell the story. Exactly as is it now.
- In the Ered Luin there was two great dwarven cities of old named Nogrod and Belegost. They were rich and powerful cities and Telchar, the greatest dwarven smith of all times was from Nogrod. Unfortunately at the end of the first era both were utterly destroyed. However if you see the map of middle heart in the first and third era, you can see that the places where there was the two cities are still there in the blue mountains. So it would be interesting and lore like if Ered Luin veterans survived some kind of expedition to the ruins of Nogrod or Belegost.
- For Iron Hills there is no place in the lore where they could reasonably have found any mithril; so I was thinking of a different material, like the red steel that the axe of Dain was made of. That could be done by adding a red glowing to the mithril mail and decrease a bit the armor improvement.

Hope you find this interesting!
bye

Sawman

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #4 am: 8. Apr 2016, 03:24 »
Hello there this would be a cool idea to implement

I really like your idea Altrarion  :) but for the Iron Hills suggestion I thought of one myself
since the Iron Hills in the game is supposed to be around before Erebor was reclaimed maybe they travel to Erebor instead? Just a thought :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #5 am: 8. Apr 2016, 04:36 »
Same idea have been suggested quite few times in the past by many users.

I have no problem with current Veterans,they are magnificent,but I also do not have problem with them being Different for each Kingdom,but I do not deem it so necessary.

Greetings.
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."