28. Mär 2024, 20:51 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Lothlórien and Mirkwood  (Gelesen 17083 mal)

Arteaga

• Hobbit
Re: Lothlórien and Mirkwood
« Antwort #15 am: 28. Dez 2015, 17:23 »
Hi to all!
I'm glad there are many people who wants to see the Mirkwood like a independent faction from Lothlorien, at least partially.
I would desire Mirkwood like a complete independent faction, like Rivendell but I think there are problems to add a limited number of new factions, right?
I like the idea to choose at the first the main faction (Lothlorien/Mirkwood) because it gives us liberty to play all maps :) although, as the Dwarven, the main problem with this option is if i play with Mordor and I want confront Lothlorien (for example) the cp can choose Mirkwood :S Would be nice the player can choose the enemy too, If I want as enemy Lothlorien, Mirkwood or the Iron Hills ;)
Would be great have Mirkwood with his own castle :)))) But it seems it's impossible have the same faction with two difference castles :( But... could change the texture of the castle???? Lothlorien elves lives in alive trees and the Mirkwood live into the caves which are similar a forest but in stone. So , can be possible to Mirkwood add a stone texture to the Lothlorien castle?? It could be a solution for the castle problem? I hope it can :)

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #16 am: 6. Jan 2016, 22:29 »
Seems I am late for the discussion. So correct if I am wrong, based on the team this whole "start by choosing which basement you want" stuff is impossible. right?
Can we have two different choice of castle and camp when capturing a new site?

Also, if there would ever be a Mirkwood faction, I mean if we could have a "2-fold" faction coexisting with Lorien, I would suggest to have Tauriel in place of Haldir, while adopt a similar system of scouting units as iron hills, just use single elk rider as  scouting units and allow them to be upgraded to full hordes of mounted archer after Thranduil recruited. Bring back Mirkwood ranger as hero units in place of Caras Galadhon Guardians.

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #17 am: 6. Jan 2016, 22:54 »
Zitat
Can we have two different choice of castle and camp when capturing a new site?
No. The problem is that you can't assign two castles to the same building plot. "Castle" in this case are all buildings which spawn additional build plots after being completed, for the rest of this post this word has the trivial meaning. ;)
This of course applies to every 3-build-plot-outpost, castle and camp and is of course also the reason why things like the Thal market place, Laketown or the Lothlorien citadel (on the outpost) work this way -it's just not possible any other way.
Hope you understand what I am talking about because this matter is a little abstract and I don't fully know how to explain. ;)

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #18 am: 6. Jan 2016, 22:59 »
Map features will be the last chance for Mirkwood fans, then.

Mr.Todd

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #19 am: 11. Mär 2018, 18:06 »
Hi, I have a suggestion about Mirkwood archers:
I think it would be more logical to switch the ability of Mirkwood bowman and Carn Dum bowman for a logical reason:
Angmar archers shoots arrows ice, and ice can paralyze enemies and slowed them down. Mirkwood archers are extremely fast and accurate in movies, Lothlorien should have the fastest archers, not Angmar. (sorry for my english).

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #20 am: 11. Mär 2018, 18:59 »
I agree with this.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #21 am: 11. Mär 2018, 21:07 »
Conceptually, it might be a sound choice. Speed will be an interesting theme in the forthcoming patch, along with other aspects. And the bows of woodland Elves are really the fastest and swiftest weapon at their disposal, dreaded and terribly feared.

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #22 am: 11. Mär 2018, 21:10 »
That seems completely logical, I agree with it.

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #23 am: 11. Mär 2018, 22:03 »
I like this idea as well.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #24 am: 11. Mär 2018, 23:26 »
I agree too :) but guys it's me or in a previous version (I mean before 4.4.1) it was like Todd is proposing?  Maybe I'm wrong. 

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #25 am: 27. Mär 2018, 00:27 »
I agree too :) but guys it's me or in a previous version (I mean before 4.4.1) it was like Todd is proposing?  Maybe I'm wrong. 

No, you're correct. I remember reading a heated discussion on this in the German forum preceding the change to the situation as we know it. I also thought it was a strange choice prior to that discussion, but after reading it was quite convinced it is better this way. I strongly doubt the Team would undo their change here.

Essentially it helps the Mirkwood tactic incorporated within wide Lothlorien that Mirkwood archers slow down units. It makes these units more vulnerable to ranged damage as they lose mobility. This corresponds to the function of the Mirkwood Soldiers; their defensive focus forces the enemy to stand and fight these units because they cannot be outrun or broken through. Moreover, don't forget Angmar has plenty of options to slow down the enemy. The Frozen Land spell in particular is a much cheaper option than battalions of Carn Dum Archers to immobilise units.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #26 am: 27. Mär 2018, 10:18 »

No, you're correct. I remember reading a heated discussion on this in the German forum preceding the change to the situation as we know it. I also thought it was a strange choice prior to that discussion, but after reading it was quite convinced it is better this way. I strongly doubt the Team would undo their change here.

I should definely start to study German (i wanted to in the past but the problem is i've no time [ugly], i just know few words right know). Ok there is the translator but it lose efficiency when it comes to complex reasonings, in my opinion. Having the possibility to follow both the sides you can understand more about some apparently mystery changes :D
But, yes Garlodur as always you are a master of tactic and you raised a good point. For sure the capability of slowing down army is just a central theme in the faction. The fact is if we want to stress this point more or leaving the current situation unchanged. As a last remark, we don't know exactly if they will keep Frozen Land spell in the new spellbook, because i remember they don't want too much terrain spells in game.