25. Apr 2024, 06:10 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Erebor - The Lonely Mountain  (Gelesen 6296 mal)

Thorin King under the Mountain

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Will you follow me, one last time?
Erebor - The Lonely Mountain
« am: 30. Dez 2015, 11:50 »
Hey hey,
Happy to see that edain mod is winner of the best mod 2015, i wanna present you my map, Erebor. It took quite a while to let it look like in the movie but in my honest opinion i think i could have done some things better, because i interpretated a bit too much. So after seeing a great map of Erebor made by Gagolin, a great mapper, i saw that his map is more focused on the BotFA movie, whereas mine shows the rich Dwarven Kingdom in its glorius days, before the attack of smaug. I hope i hit your expectations. :D There are still some bugs, some building plots arent set and some terrain is not even textured. Any suggestions are welcome  :D I ll Keep you updated
Here finally some pictures: http://imgur.com/a/pXHfA

CragLord

• Gast
Re: Erebor - The Lonely Mountain
« Antwort #1 am: 30. Dez 2015, 17:55 »
From pictures it looks really nice and promising. :)
I am looking forward to this map! ;)
I will be glad to test it. :)

Best regards,
CragLord

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 30. Dez 2015, 20:01 »
Hey there :D
So i was working on the main gate of erebor but im not quite finished because of 2 reasons: first there are only a few dark dwarven structures and i wanted it to have its design dark :D 2nd i want to eliminte some weird bugs on the passable gate, that means i got one Level for the lower part of the gate, but I still want a 2nd higher Level on the gate so you can defend it much better, but im still thinking of a solution. :) Other than that i wanted to add some new Pictures from the outside like ravenhill. Unfortunately dale is not finished yet, because there arent any suitable buildings (except the dale citadel), so i probably think i have to either come back to the old "Laketown" buildings from the EA-Erebor map or just using gondorbuildings.
Main Gate
Ravenhill
For a more detailled view: http://imgur.com/a/reYMG
P.S. i changed the weather because i cannot decide which is the best ^^
And by the way thanks you CragLord :))

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 30. Dez 2015, 20:03 »
That looks really promising!

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
« Antwort #4 am: 30. Dez 2015, 20:17 »
looks wonderfull  xD

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 30. Dez 2015, 21:42 »

You are welcome man! :)
Your map looks really nice. I am hoping that you will find solutions for problems which bother you. Concerning gate bug, there is currently in game (for now) unfixable passing bug I think. AI units sometimes are passing freely through clossed doors, , so I am not sure are you refering on this.
Concerning buildings for Dale, you can also try some buildings from dwarven expansion Dale (something similar we have in mod intro :) )
Concerning textures, I am sure here are some experienced members who will give you some advices soon. ;)

Map is looking really promising, and I am glad to see it!
Looking forward to next update. :)

Best regards,
CragLord

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #6 am: 31. Dez 2015, 08:09 »
I am really looking forward to this Map! So far it looks really promising and interesting to play! :) I alwasy enjoy cool and well made Maps of Dwarven Strongholds the most! :)

Greetings and keep the awesome work! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 31. Dez 2015, 13:04 »
Well I am pretty thankful for all your nice feedback so far guys! So first, after this map is halfway finished, you guys are welcome to beta test the map, would be really glad for some beta-tester! :) During creating the map i found nice solutions for making ravenhill e.g. playable even though it does not look like in the movie... I also wanted to have some nice functionalities in it that both the gameplay and moviefeeling are satisfied. I used to set the dwarvish outpost building dale as the main buildings for the City but i cant instantly see everything, because of the upgrade function. Therefor you have to see it ingame.
Second I wanted to mention that the gate is working fine (speaking of the first level where you can place units) but if i place an object above it, the units cannot pass the first level because it is blocked by the upper object. You need an object that "behaves" like a bride, but i think i ll manage to have a nice solution. :D