28. Mär 2024, 09:25 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Would you like to see Angmar function in a similar manner to Arnor

Yes (we need another evil faction for WOTR--Arnor becomes Gondor)
2 (25%)
No (leave as is, I like playing the faction as is. I want no change)
6 (75%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 8

Autor Thema: The Angmar/Arnor Dilemma  (Gelesen 2034 mal)

dkbluewizard2

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
The Angmar/Arnor Dilemma
« am: 25. Mär 2020, 19:33 »
Hello everyone, I wanted to ask an opinon of the community. Recently we have seen Edain Team state that Arnor already functions as a faction on different maps and that they are the same (more or less) as Gondor. With that stated I wanted to see how the community regards Angmar.

I have a concept ready to pursue--it would add another faction to the roster of Third Age factions, but it would be for evil. It would utilize Angmar's building structures just as Arnor's uses Gondors.

However, would the community be okay with having the Angmar faction (with the Witch King) only playable on certain maps like Arnor? I am posting a poll for you guys to tell me if you want me to pursue this idea.

Please note! This concept by no means interferes with the upcoming Misty Mountain faction, nor does it interfere with the proposed concepts of Men of Darkness or Dorwinion.

Thank you for the feeback and hope you are all being safe and healthy.

Dkbluewizard.

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
Re: The Angmar/Arnor Dilemma
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Mär 2020, 19:49 »
I completely disagree with this idea, simply because Angmar is currently one of the most unique factions in Edain. It has some of the most unique hero systems, a completely unique upgrade system and unique units. Having it be fully limited to certain maps is a huge waste of potential and, even if the new faction uses similar concepts, it would still make Angmar itself far less important.

dkbluewizard2

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #2 am: 26. Mär 2020, 20:17 »
Well based on the members and community, I will halt my concept and everything will continue as is. I can't say that I am not relieved, but I am thankful for all who participated. Happy Modding.

Blue.

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 25. Jul 2020, 13:11 »
Greetings everyone :)

It has been a while since posting anything on here. I hope that can enlight last progresses and a window to the future. For those who does not want to read much, i recommend to check out to the link at the end.

Actually there are a lot of things to say but i try to explain my perspective on this thread. The first thing that i remember on this website is the chaotic situation before v4.5. Many of members probably would also remember that everybody says 'the mod is dead'. Even some of solid and oldest members too. Luckily ET solved the most of problems in the darkest hours and took the charged to continue which was very hard work afterwards.

In these circumstances, there has been told that two possible factions can be added in the future. My life and work could allow me to spent free time for helping the fresh  newed mod in those days and i was very fond of Evil Men faction with Edain mechanics. I admit that after finishing Men of Darkness consept as my first and the most precious work for this mod, i became more sensetive and overreacted critism in both way. With its reassuring wind behind, i researched and noticed the result of last faction poll, and finally prepared Dorwinion concept with some unfinished work of Professor, New Shadow. To be fair, it was very tempting to add them in Edain universe for me. However non of these would not help enough to have v.4.6 before and i have been told that Misty Mountains faction needs some aid for implementing the spellbook in balance. I dared to offer a concept about it but required a protection for more help. It has been called 'the ring'. I did not want the ring for gaining benefits or convert/have more friends or any other power. I did know that i can not adapt to the community with expreience before but surely i could help with proposals on my free time.

As not being a social guy, i have not any interest for multiplayer or competing other members, but i believe and i can say that it was very efficient time during having the ring. I could not count the real number but actually it does not matter, what matters is that i helped the mod and, more or less the ring worked to protect me for building things without an interruption. A couple of misspoke or conflict could not stop me permanently because i promised not to quit before too early.

The fact is that the age of the ring is over, we have been through this. I don't have any obligation to do for the community any more. I clearly don't care the order (i call them because some people thinks that they are always right, even not being perfect but the money opens the most of gates. What can you do hah?) and won't be involved in any argument with or without them.

Those were about the community and the mod, there has been changing in my private life also. I got a job that is very mobile with driving and it needs to be more focussed with more times in some situations. So i won't be an active member for a long time, but will continue to prepare consepts as my favourite. To be fair, there is not much to unlock keys in the current version of mod, i think. Maybe Faramir but i don't have any idea about the fullest potential of his implementation, i don't promise to do it.

So why did i post this the longest letter on this thread? Somebody i know helped me to prepare Evil Men consept with hero roles and some useful tips, but he refused my help for his unfinished Arnor consept during a long time which needs to be done urgently.

Following, ladies and gentlemen, here is my quick prepared, unfinished Arnor consept:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gMUa1e57gqtTTqBjsxa_Mk7e_fhW027w/view?usp=sharing

It is way out of being perfect and probably won't be implemented the fullest. Actually i don't insist on acceptance any of my consepts (inculding Men of Darkness). ET does not need or have to do every proposal, they can use some or non of those parts (including Mysterious Land). I respect their hard work on modding and communications. To sum up, i hope it will help them to finalize the mod for everyone.

Best regards.

P.S.:Don't worship to anyone.