[en] The Prancing Pony > Other

A possible new Evil Men faction

(1/30) > >>

lotr1997:
Hello Edain community! I was thinking about Evil Men in Edain, and I really think they are underused, If there is a topic on this anywhere else I apologize. My proposal is that, the Evil Men are so diverse they truly deserve their own faction. So this is a very talked about topic on Moddb from what I see, and I want to basically just give some ideas on this topic  :D. This of course would be added after all the already existing factions are released.

So first of all the faction would be titled 'Evil Men' and would have units from mainly Rhun and Harad. So here are some of the buildings i see fit for the Evil Men, a standard resource building would be a Easterling crop farm. The men for a barracks could have a Haradrim Palace which would train Haradrim and a Easterling training ground which would train Easterlings. For upgrades the men can have a armory of sorts and a market like Gondor for Economic upgrades. Then they would have of course, the Mumak Pen which would train Mumakil. Then they could have stables of Harad which would train there cavalry which will be explained soon. The settlements could be Variag tent and it would train Variag Swords and Spears of Khand, and then a Rhun Wind Mill like seen on the Rhun map, this would be a resource building. The outposts would be a regular 3 build-plot outpost, and then a Corsair village. This village's upgrades would be Housing area adds a few houses and they generate taxes, Statue to Sauron,  this heals units and gives them 25% armor and fear resistance, then a tower that shoots arrows. Then a Corsair tavern that trains Corsair plunderers (regular Corsairs with a new name),and Corsair archers. For a final upgrade it could have Ballista maker which would construct Ballistae like Isengard's.

The Units from the Haradrim Palace would be: Haradrim Swords, Haradrim Archers, Haradrim Skirmishers, and then for an elite unit The Half-Trolls of Far Harad. The Easterlings training ground would train the following: Easterlings ( the already existing spearmen from the spellbook), the Rhun Halberds (also from the Mordor spell), and finally Easterling guards which would be a new design completely. From the Mumakil Pen: Mumakil, and then a  'War Spikes' upgrade that would give them their nice spikes. Then from the stables: Easterling Riders (standard cavalry unit), and then the elite of the elite the Serpent Guard.

So this is my small little proposal of what in my opinion and Evil men faction should be like. Please tell me in the comments what you all think of this idea!

Lord of Mordor:
Talking about new factions at the moment isn't too productive because we're still busy reworking all of our old factions for 4.0 ;) If we ever do introduce new factions, however, I agree the Evil Men are one of the strongest candidates.

lotr1997:

--- Zitat ---Talking about new factions at the moment isn't too productive because we're still busy reworking all of our old factions for 4.0 ;) If we ever do introduce new factions, however, I agree the Evil Men are one of the strongest candidates.
--- Ende Zitat ---
this topic is really just giving some ideas for later ON  :D  and i also understand that it would not be very productive thats why i said " This of course would be added after all the already existing factions are released." This was more of a suggestion for the future :)

HoarmurathOfDir:
1. I  definitly think that they should have a separate Harad and Rhun sub-factions, working somewhat like the dwarves, BUT with some special mechanics (not a dwarf copy paste, that would be boring). I can't think of anything, but just think about how ridiculus it would look to have Rhun and Harad buildings in one Camp/Citadel.
2. I think I have a small idea for a basic settlement that is so cool and 100% lore-accurate that I must post it. So, Rhun could build a "Wainrider Camp" on their basic settlement, and it would work as a factory for the "Wainrider Wagons" - a Battlewagon Reskin/Remodel, that would be such a perfect touch!  ;)

Walküre:
I agree with Lord of Mordor.

Also, if you look at the previous pages of this and the Edain Discussion section, you will see that it has been so far a 'consolidated policy' locking threads that involve this matter, since, as I and other people already wrote here and on ModDB, these speculations, being valuable or not, are technically and formally not suggestions at all, since there is not any known plan about a possible Evil Men faction, apart from voices.

Therefore, I think that this topic could be carried on in the Off-Topic section, as an exception, since it does involve LOTR/BFME-related matters, but it's nonetheless based on pure speculations that can't be part, for now, of the Edain Mod Suggestions boards, I guess  :)

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln