28. Mär 2024, 22:39 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Evil Men Faction

Yes an Evil Men faction would be great with all of the realms combined.
94 (67.6%)
I like the evil men the way they are now.
7 (5%)
I think they should not have a faction but i would like more units from the spellbook.
3 (2.2%)
Harad And Rhun should be two separate factions.
35 (25.2%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 130

Autor Thema: A possible new Evil Men faction  (Gelesen 51407 mal)

FilipGeorg95

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: A possible new Evil Men faction
« Antwort #105 am: 17. Mai 2018, 11:48 »
You might as well read my two concepts that I posted here. I made Harad and Rhun as main factions while Umbar and Khand as their subfactions. Feel free to give feedback in order to improve certain things :) :)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #106 am: 18. Mai 2018, 01:07 »
Aule, your ideas are perfect. Just make up a name or go with one of the other nazgul. It would still work.

It is what i will actually do, going deeper into character's lore and finding a proper haradrim name  ;) One of the first thing i made at the beginning of the project was actually looking for dark/terrible Harad names, that was before i came up (wrongly [ugly]) to the idea of Heromur. But in game it will be unnamed, with only the Title of "The Forsaken".

Garlodur: i read your concept, the one on google drive, it's awesome man! Both you and Filip have done a beautiful job, there's a lot of nice material to discuss!!   xD
I'm not sure about making Khamul the ring hero. But still it seems the most reasonable option. What about connecting the ring function to some dark cult/magic? I would also change the abilities of stadard (no ring) Khamul, in order to contextualize him into the new faction; not simply a copy of the Mordor's one. Maybe we should change his role from building interferer to real supporter for the faction.

I would like to craft also a concept of the Dark Headsman; i'm not only sure if an axe fits for a Nazgul. it seems that this model (from forgeworld/hobbit movie) is the heir  of the old GW miniture of The Knight of Umbar (which is better title anyway). At least is what is theorized on fandom wiki. I saw you put some images of him. The Edain team also got the inspiration from GW about Dark Marshall and Shadow Lord.

Finally, in this way you will have Khamul as chieftain plus The Forsaken and Khight of Umbar, as his minor lieutenants to support him. All three once belong to a specific reign of Evil Men faction: Rhun, Harad and Umbar. Each one of the three will have a specific new set of abilities (totally unique with respect to the Mordor's versions) to underline the fact that they're now walking again on their past lands, which give them strength and some of their ancient power as Kings of Men. What do you guys Think?  ;)

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #107 am: 22. Mai 2018, 13:33 »
Hello friends!

After a long time for completing my work, I prepared a consept for Men of Darkness.

The  content focus on  different systems and the mechanic. So I did not see  it is necessary to put some pictures at this step.

I am expecting your comments about it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-cOS9vudVGV7rl5IafBI9DCO_yTjx6XO

Edit 1: The original consept has some improvements now. I added a few pictures for new units. I know the implementation of this will take a while, but if you interested in the topic, please comment.

Edit 2: I added a Lieutenant of Melkor over advise of dkbluewizard. Make a place for him is not so easy when considering the balance. The ranks of him revised.

« Letzte Änderung: 1. Jun 2018, 17:37 von Lord Aytugar »

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #108 am: 22. Mai 2018, 14:13 »
 Lord Aytugar, I really liked this concept and how you made the heroes more Low Men and Black Numenorian based. I think the heroes are very canonical and you have some good/cool ideas. Hope to see some of this implemented in the future.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #109 am: 22. Mai 2018, 14:24 »
Thank you dkbluewizard. I remember your cool ideas as well, I am glad to hear that from you.

I hope one day we see it happened.

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #110 am: 26. Mai 2018, 05:25 »
No problem Lord Aytugar. Just a thought also, maybe many of you haven't read the Silmarillion. But it says in the East Morgoth left lesser lieutenants. Who knows what happened to them in the Second and Third Age. But it is all conjecture. But what we do know is that he left lieutenants with the Men of the East. Which they had to be some type of Maia, Beast, or Orc. The story of Fankil in one of Tolkien's notes bears a strong resemblance to this notion.

So if you guys wanted to use any of Morgoth's lieutenants, that is a possibility as well.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #111 am: 30. Mai 2018, 15:53 »
Dkbluewizard, I took your advise for Fankil and tried to implement him into the faction. I am sorry for last message. I wrote it because I thought there was no place for him. Now he is available after the central spell. I am wondering your comments about it.

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #112 am: 1. Jun 2018, 03:38 »
Well your sources are phenomenal! Thank you for making this. Fankil is a good choice and I am pretty sure Morgoth's lesser servants that stayed with the Low Men either had to serve Sauron, flee, or die.

The powers you came up with are great for Fankil but it says he can do all of these at Rank 1. I don't know about summoning a balrog, I think those might be too powerful for him. But I thought all his other powers were unique and well thought out. Maybe a Were-Wyrm? I think since Were-Wyrms exist in the East that might be a better solution.

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #113 am: 1. Jun 2018, 10:50 »
Dkbluewizard Thank you for feedback. I will be glad after complete this faction.

Fankil can be very useful for this faction. At first I focus on his summoning time, but  now I agree with you that he can not have every skills at once. Every time he is summoned, he gets another ability.

But I disagree with you on the last ability. In the history of Fankil, it says that  the Shadow Flame suddenly awoke in the East who is Muar, Demon of  North, a lesser Balrog.  He is out of controlled, and attacks to enemy building for one shoot. I see it a powerful bond with Melkor as with the influence from him.

I am wondering what is your idea about Ji Indur and Adunaphel? I respect to the different ideas as long as we can discuss them.

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #114 am: 1. Jun 2018, 21:27 »
I know who Muar is, and if you read MERPS Muar is made up and two, he is enemies with Fankil later after the Fall of Morgoth, and three, Muar is dead by the time of the Third Age. So that wouldn't work at all.

I take it back. Since he is a summon, let him have all abilities immediately.

Lord Aytugar

• Gast
« Antwort #115 am: 1. Jun 2018, 22:41 »
I tried to help for Men of Darkness faction consept. If the community wants to use it, it is ok. If not, it's ok too. I wasn't expecting anything from here. How much I contributed, I don't know. I believe this consept is very good. But I will not be here anymore because many people out of here was right about this place, some members are really arrogant and unreasonable.

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #116 am: 2. Jun 2018, 18:20 »
Lord Aytugar, if I have demonstrated that path to you, then I apologize (don't believe I have but).

My reason to contribute is just to make sure everything lines up with the lore like Edain want. But even they bend and break the rules. So I can understand where you are coming from.

I don't delve too much on here either anymore. Though I do comment when I see a great concept formed and your concept is phenomenal. I like it.  I thought you put a lot of hard work and soul into this. You should forward this concept to Lord Ellessar. He is looking to build a Rhun and Harad faction, and I am sure he would take a lot of what you have done into account for his submod.

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #117 am: 18. Jun 2019, 11:29 »
Greetings everyone!

As known, Edain Team stated that there are two rooms for new factions. One of them might be evil men. I prepared  a Men of Darkness consept which includes Easterlings and Southrons combined. If you have any interest, please check it out!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yN7SF3pWgZ2MWKjNrUA6zV9WKGpvXxTD

Edit: In the light of dgsgomes' feedback, some extra units have been cut. Apart from that, since Templar Guards become enemies after Dragon King, Golden King or Pirate King get the ring, Dragon Guards and Serpent Guards are only available then in order to fill heroic unit roster.

The functionalities and structures of Haradrim Outpost and Tavern can be change in time.

Best Regards.

In Favour
dgsgomes
Shadowlord

Against

« Letzte Änderung: 26. Feb 2020, 10:44 von tolgayurdal »

Only True Witchking

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!
« Antwort #118 am: 18. Jun 2019, 12:39 »
Hello tolgayurda!
First off all, I like that you're thinking about that topic, while everyone else apparently abandoned it. Also, hats off that you put the work in to make a full fleshed-out concept, that's impressive.

When I've got the time, I'll make sure to look more closely into it!

Signed,
TheOnlyTrueWitchking
“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face."

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #119 am: 18. Jun 2019, 13:24 »
Thank you TheOnlyTrueWitchking. I am looking forward to see your comments. Also you are right about that, unfortunately this topic lost the former popularity lately. But nevertheless I will not give up to wait for this faction.

« Letzte Änderung: 30. Jul 2019, 16:36 von tolgayurdal »