[en] Edain Mod > [Edain] Edain Wiki

Edain Mod Wiki General Feedback and News Thread

(1/26) > >>

The_Necromancer0:
"And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost." Long has the lore of the Edain mod been nothing but a collection of loose pages and riddles lost in time. BUT NO LONGER!! The Edain Wiki Team is proud to present to you the:

The Wiki is an ongoing project which aims to encompass all the data of the Edain Mod under the form of articles, whether it is the units, heroes, buildings or spellbook powers. Or as we like to say: "Concise communication of all the information easily to all the Companions of Edain"(the wiki's mission). Now, when I said that the wiki is an ongoing project I meant that is such a huge project having to take every unit, hero, building and spell from a mod as exhaustive in its lore accuracy as the Edain mod is an exhausting project, from the 4 different forms of Aragorn to the complex outpost systems of the factions without forgetting the unique spellbook, ring heroes, dwarven faction system and so on... This project is planned over several years during which we hope to form a community of fans of the Edain Mod with various dedication levels which take interest in sharing their knowledge with newcomers (or oldcomers, you learn something new everyday). In the end the Wiki will be a massive project with hundreds of pages which is why below follows a short guide to getting around the wiki:

* Factions Page: each faction is linked and summarized there.
* Help Page: this is where you can read about getting help, if you have a specific questions checkout the forums
* Table of Content Page: this page lists every main "hub" which links to other pages and linking to other pages, it is the best way to get around
* Ring Heroes Page: this is the list of all the ring heroes for the Edain Mod
* Main Page: this is the current main page, the link is automatically updated to always link to the main page as the one above links to the current main page and needs to be updated manually.
* Community Creations: this is where everything made by the community goes, whether map or submod, anything that affects the way the mod can be played.
* Installation: tutorial on how to install the mod and various other tips
* Multiplayer: tutorial on how to play onlineBut this is only a part of what the Wiki presents and each page is often fit with its own gallery, images and Table of Content for easier navigation. Along with that the Wiki-Navigation bar (at the top) provides you with a handful of useful links anytime, anyplace. However editing is a long and complex process which only the people who fit at least one criteria below can dare to try:

* you're currently reading this list and/or think it was going to be way differentOnly if you fit one of the high-skilled criteria above ( :P) can you even dare to think of the possibility of editing the wiki. But on a more serious note, as you saw above, anyone can edit the wiki. It doesn't have to be a whole page, it can simply be a spelling mistake you saw, which happens more often than you think, you can also add some strategy tips for hero, faction or units or improve on the already existing design of the pages. You can even get some help to familiarize yourself with the surroundings here and or go on the forums to ask your questions directly. You can also check out our staff list to ask for help. Every month massive news post will be created, summarizing changes in the wiki this month along with shoutouts to top editors and newcomers.
So, with that being said, I bid you farewell and hope to see you on the wiki and if you have any question, feedback or suggestions you are also welcome to post them here.

Massive News Posts Links:
Jan 2016
Feb 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016
October 2016
November 2016
December 2016
One Year Anniversary (Special)
January 2017
February 2017
March 2017
April 2017 (no news post)
May 2017
June 2017
July 2017

This post has been edited to present an updated version of the Edain Wiki, therefore post below may seem out of place or inappropriate while having possibly being entirely appropriate before the edit. Please do not post any things about posts below if they seem out of place, unless they were posted after the April 2016 Massive update post, in this case they are still relevant.

Odysseus:
Hello mr Necromancer,

You wrote all this? If so, I really commend you for being such a devout fellow. Very few people have the patience to do so. I might contribute in the future!

Cheers!

The_Necromancer0:
Thank you very much, eager to see your name in that "latest activity" box. I must admit to having copy pasted a couple thing for the LOTR Wiki but that's about it.

WarOfTheRingVeteran:
Great work, man! Well, it's so nice to have a wiki about the best game ever! Thanks for starting it! Looking forward for it being expanded :)

I might contribute as well :)

kolibri8:
Why a new one, if we have already one with an english and a german version?

Granted, the english wikia is pretty much dead, yet it is connected with the german Edain Wikia. So, why a new wikia if you could simply revive the old one?

Also the English one was already presented here by Nightmaster.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln