19. Apr 2024, 06:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain Mod Wiki General Feedback and News Thread  (Gelesen 74351 mal)

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
Re: Edain Mod Wiki General Feedback and News Thread
« Antwort #105 am: 6. Jan 2017, 21:07 »
Even now I'm surprised that the start of the Wiki was a year ago, since it seems like a much shorter time. This anniversary post was very interesting to read and reflect on (especially the comparisons to what it was like before!)

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #106 am: 7. Jan 2017, 11:31 »
I remember how I joined the wiki team: I commented on Gandalf page about wrong info about his role and Necro urged me to fix it. So i decided to create an account and here I am. We have passed "through fire and water" to achieve that how wiki looks now. It is always good to see new contributors editing here and there and see the wiki grow. Good luck to us all continuing the development of this wondeful project!

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #107 am: 7. Jan 2017, 14:03 »
Looking back now, the Wiki has changed a lot. I discovered it when Mordor pages were already the most complete, and I remember reading all the strategy sections I could find, because I was (and I am) really interested in that aspect of the Wiki. I joined in April when I edited the Durin article, and I never thought I would become as involved in the Wiki as I am now. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I want to continue helping everyone to make the Wiki even better, and, like Gandalf7000 said, good luck to everyone on the Team!

The_Necromancer0

• Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #108 am: 1. Feb 2017, 09:26 »
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
The first official news post of the year, a year full of possibilities as we have now transcribed the entire mod in even more depth than previously with the new addition of building pages. So the wiki is ever expanding and there are even a couple new things I think everybody can enjoy. In additions, great plans are being made deep within the heart of the wiki which will be a great step to improve a relic of the past ages which has been an hindrance to us for many months. Therefore, without further adue I formally welcome everybody in this new year and onward with the new!

-Dorwinion: Earlier this month a user approached us with a very simple proposal, using the wiki to use a concept that was being developed on the forums. The concept had grown greatly and was becoming hard to store on a single thread. It was something that had been spinning in my head in a while, storing concepts on the wiki but had never had the chance to develop. We discussed the possibility on that thread and decided it to allow it. This gave rise to a new type of page: "Concept" which for now only encompass the Dorwinion faction proposal but will probably gain more pages later. For now make sure to check out the concept for a Dorwinion faction on the wiki and the discussion thread present on the forums.

-A new category has emerged on the wiki: Single. It is meant to to qualify any units that have a battalion size of one. Because of their versatility it is very complicated to properly list them since most can switch weapons/forms but still do not posses a sufficient amount of units to properly fulfill that role. Single units include things such as the Ents, Trolls, Dragonslayers and many others

-Spellbook Template: We are hard at work renovating the spellbook template to make it look much nicer, it just didn't fit our idea of the wiki anymore. The template is a relic from before, an old tool from a age long gone. We're are working actively to change it so that users can enjoy a more pleasing system.

- Soundsets: I am constantly adding new quote sets to the wiki, mostly hero quotes bit from time to time I'll add a unit set but mostly heroes just because they are a lot more memorable than units.

That's about it, at this point we're mostly overhauling all the pages we can to make them appear nicer and have more information so that all levels of users can enjoy it. It's a much shorter news than usual and especially in contrast to the previous post. As a goodbye, I'd like to remind everybody who edits the wiki to sign the edit summary with their MU username, it'll just help us decide whether or not a user has the right to make the edit mainly in the cases of custom map pages. As always, stats:
- Edits: 16,116
- Pages: 457
- Files: 2,881
-Highest WAM Rank: 471
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Feb 2017, 13:37 von The_Necromancer0 »
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #109 am: 23. Feb 2017, 21:44 »
I saw that Galadriel's Ancient Might and Narya have been mentioned in the featured image of the Edain Wiki. Thank you very much for that; I'm sure Galadriel would gladly approve  ;)

Besides, it's always a pleasure to consult your precious Edain encyclopaedia. What kind of plans for the future does the Wiki Team intend to develop?

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #110 am: 23. Feb 2017, 22:46 »
Hello DieWalküre. Thanks for the support.
Right now, we're just making small changes here and there to improve the pages. We were going to display the spellbooks in a better way, but then the Edain Team released the news about the spellbook, so that project is on hold.
I think we're all just waiting for 4.5 to be released like everyone else. If Necro has anything else planned, then he's keeping it well hidden. Then again, he lives in Dol Guldur so he's probably got a lot of secrets.

The_Necromancer0

« Antwort #111 am: 23. Feb 2017, 23:18 »
I do indeed have some plans I have not yet revealed but it is mostly because I need to tinker more with them to check for feasibility and whether or not they improve the wiki. Apart from that it's ask Oakenshield say, we are preparing for the arrival of the Siege Update which brings new units, overhauled systems and overhauled heroes. We are slowly adding to the wiki increasing the quality which will most likely be the focus of this year.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #112 am: 24. Feb 2017, 13:16 »
Ok, that's a clear portrait of the situation. It's therefore delightful to know that quality is to be constantly improved in future times. I can't thus do anything else than wish you all good luck and positive outcomes from your endeavour  :)

I think we're all just waiting for 4.5 to be released like everyone else. If Necro has anything else planned, then he's keeping it well hidden. Then again, he lives in Dol Guldur so he's probably got a lot of secrets.

I assure you that the next patch will indeed bring a revolutionary wind of change to the entire Edain Community. I'm sure Necro's plans will conform to the whole overhaul spirit. Nevertheless, though cunningly hidden those secrets could be, someone shall anyway manage to pierce the veil of that fortress one day or the other, don't you think?  ;)

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #113 am: 24. Feb 2017, 13:30 »
I saw that Galadriel's Ancient Might and Narya have been mentioned in the featured image of the Edain Wiki. Thank you very much for that; I'm sure Galadriel would gladly approve  ;)

Besides, it's always a pleasure to consult your precious Edain encyclopaedia. What kind of plans for the future does the Wiki Team intend to develop?
As Necro said we'll be improving the wiki in future months. And my main task will be adding pictures of all hero abilities.
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Feb 2017, 13:35 von Gandalf7000 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #114 am: 24. Feb 2017, 23:42 »
That is a really nice addition, Gandalf. I'm looking forward to seeing the task achieved and the whole portrait completed  :)

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #115 am: 25. Feb 2017, 20:29 »
That is a really nice addition, Gandalf. I'm looking forward to seeing the task achieved and the whole portrait completed  :)
Thank you, though the task is I would say far from complete! :0

The_Necromancer0

Edain Wiki Monthly Massive News Post (February Edition)
« Antwort #116 am: 1. Mär 2017, 03:37 »
"My dear reader. Mods really are amazing creatures! "

"You can learn all that there is to know about their features in a month, and yet after a hundred years, they can still surprise you." Another small news, lots of small fun projects that add to the wiki. It's the second regular post this and we're just all patiently waiting for 4.5, excited to find write down all the little details. There's newt stuff, there's overhauled stuff and there's more detailed stuff, so enough for everybody's taste. Whether you prefer to massively overhaul page, push minor modifications onto a page or just add some more details to sections. We're especially looking forward to the new spellbooks which will be very nicely paired with the new display system. And now... onwards!
-Spellbook: There is a new spellbook system that has been developed thanks to the help of the Wikia (company that hosts all the wikis) staff. 2 separate system have been developed to fulfill everybody's needs. The primary system is a screenshot that has been taken straight from the game and then fitter with some custom Javascript, long story short: users can now hover on each power to see a very nice summary of both the visual effect and gameplay effect of the power. Depending on your internet speed, it might take several seconds for the little box to appear, but normally you should end with something like that:
In addition, we've added a secondary system below which allow user to go to a tab and see a visual picture of the power and allow the user to click on the links. Combining this system means that the user can see the spellbook as seen in the game but can also see what the power looks in the game and access related pages. So far however, due to the new spellbook announcement only the Mordor and Lorien spellbook have been filled in as tests.

-This is a project that Gandy (Gandalf7000) has been working on during the month, he takes the icons used in game and adds them next to their respective ability for each hero, creating a nice atmosphere that brings the wiki closer to the mod. Can be seen on all of the Lorien hero pages: Galadriel, Celeborn, Thranduil, Treebeard, Haldir and many more.

-Hero Categories: With the help of Garlodur we have finally sorted and refined the categories of heroes. They are now better defined but suggestions are always welcome.

-Quote: More hero quotes! It's an ongoing project, even if it's on a break at the moment but more hero quotes have been added and more hero quotes are to come. If you have a preference for a certain hero's quote make sure to give me a shout and I'll gladly add it when I have time, I don't have much of a preference on the heroes so I just add whatever catches my eye first.

-Youtube Page: The Youtuber pages have received a minor overhaul with better link display in their infoboxes in addition to keep a family friendly status the pages containing mature content (mostly swearing though) have received a small mature content warning which will appear when users attempt to access the page.

It's a short news, but there just isn't much to talk about. The focus of the contributions during the period separating us from the 4.5 release is going to be Quality. We will be going improving pages and adding content in order to give the user more content to view. We're just going to keep editing stuff to create a professional wiki that might one day rival those of the AAA games. To finish, stats:
-Edits:16,741
-Pages: 485
-Files: 2,965
-Peak WAM Rank: 471

The_Necromancer0

Edain Wiki Monthly Massive News Post (March Edition)
« Antwort #117 am: 2. Apr 2017, 04:34 »
"A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives
precisely when he means to."

At least the quote was easy to find this month  :P . Sorry the news was late. We've been tweaking the wiki ever so slightly everyday. Changing the spellbook as they are released and prepping the wiki for the upcoming 4.5 patch. So make sure to check out the pages which are getting changed:
Spellbook - Gondor and Mordor spellbook got a small change, the pictures have changed but we'll wait till the spellbook are officially released to add those since they are complicated to change.

Cirdan - Cirdan got a temporary new section which contains his upcoming overhaul, once the patch goes public they will replace the old abilities.

Apart from that, we keep going with the projects which are as follow:
-Hero Abilities: The palantirs are being slowly extracted from the game files and cut into bits and piece which are then used on the wiki to bring it closer to the in-game feel.

-Building and Unit Icons: In a similar manner, the icons for the units and buildings are being used to beautify the pages.

-Hero Quotes: More quotes are being added everytime, you can now listen to the soundsets of more heroes than ever.

It's a very short news but there aren't many things to talk about. We've entered a sort of ongoing routine of keeping up with the mod as it evolves and look forward to doing that. To keep track of the stats:
-Edits: 17,459
-Pages: 487
-Files: 3,178
-Peak WAM Rank: 471

The_Necromancer0

« Antwort #118 am: 1. Mai 2017, 16:58 »
No news this month, we're gonna keep the couple things that have happened for next month. Sorry if you were looking forward to it.

The_Necromancer0

Edain Wiki Monthly Massive News Post (May Edition)
« Antwort #119 am: 31. Mai 2017, 22:52 »
"It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk
that keeps the wiki up to date."

Wise word from Gandalf are the best way to start the day. It's been a while since I've written a news, two month precisely but it's good getting back to it especially after a year of school  xD . The Edain Mod has seen some quite important changes this last few months with many new concept coming through: the siege update, the spellbook overhaul and the economy overhaul. Of course theses changes have been reflected on the wiki, the spellbook are being updated as they are being released and not only that but they are being updated with the new template. But let's not spoil anything, on we go...

-Spellbooks: You know how a word starts to look weird once you've typed it too many times? Yeah, overhauling spellbooks makes me look at the word "spellbook" in a funny way. I've added the powers for all the released spellbooks and they are therefore operational, if the tooltips seem a bit out of line usually zooming in or out slightly will fix the issue. We can't do anything about it because of the way it works, it's usually best to consult the entire the wiki on that zoom level since it's tuned to that resolution. But anyways have a look at the spellbooks we've added:

-Palantir Pictures: As usual Trondheim and Gandalf have been hard at work, adding the palantir pictures for the abilities of heroes, units and buildings. A task that brings the wiki closer to the game as users can now visually identify abilities for many factions. This means that if a user is ever puzzled on an ability they may see in a video or image they can always go to the wiki and identify the ability they saw, granted they know which hero's palantir it was. We try to bring it closer to the game everyday so that viewers can make an almost seamless translation between the in game description and the wiki descriptions.

-500 pages!: With the recent addition of the spellbook powers (11 per spellbooks minus the overlaping power which are now few) the wiki has passed the 500 pages marks which simply shows how inaccurate my prediction of 350 pages with the mod complete was  :D Mods are full of surprises. But well done to everybody involved and here's to 500 more pages of fun!

This doesn't seem like a big news but the scale of each item is gigantic, if you scroll the past few months of activity which contains almost 600 edits about 200 of them are of palantir pictures added, about 100 of them are the new spellbook power edits and creations and the rest are minor edits by the Wiki Team and other members. So a lot of fun and more to come. As usual, stats:
- Page: 528
- Files: 3422
- Edit: 18,784
- WAM Highscore: 471