28. Mär 2024, 19:06 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain Mod Wiki General Feedback and News Thread  (Gelesen 73596 mal)

kolibri8

• RPG Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
  • Geschichtsstudent und künftiger Schülerschreck.
Re: Edain WIKI!!
« Antwort #30 am: 17. Jan 2016, 20:45 »
That's one issues solved now three remain (i think):
-German side: Do we merge both but keep the edain.wikia.com as primary?
All Articles of worth from de.edain-mod.wikia.com are ported to de.edain.wikia.com. There were not all to many [ugly].
AFAIK the german ones could be merged any time, with de.edain-mod.wikia.com beeing closed.
Zitat
-Layout: Have we agreed on a layout or are we still discussing?
Were we discussing the Layout on all Wikias, or only the english ones? Different Language Versions do not have to have the same Layout. So I don't see much a problem here.

I though about making a poll on which other language versions could be made. Any Objections?
RPG:
1. Char Alfward bei Dol Guldur.
2. Char Qúsay in Aín Sefra.

Das Wiki zum RPG. Schaut mal ruhig vorbei ;).

Neu im RPG und Probleme mit dem Namen? Schickt mir einfach 'ne PM ;).

Geschichtsfragen? Hier gibt's Antworten.

The_Necromancer0

• Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #31 am: 17. Jan 2016, 21:14 »
Zitat
I though about making a poll on which other language versions could be made. Any Objections?
Go ahead, it sticks with the Edain Poll rules, it isn't just stuck there to avoid people having to talk.

Zitat
Were we discussing the Layout on all Wikias, or only the english ones? Different Language Versions do not have to have the same Layout. So I don't see much a problem here.

I'm discussing the English ones, I don't have the language skills and won't be affected by how the german version looks like so I don't think I have the right to impose anything. However we're still discussing the english layouts. If you look at this post, I've been discussing the subject with a contributor who has managed to make quite an argument, so I gave him permission to edit the Gondor page as he wants as a "trial" version to see how his idea would look exactly. I'd like to get a clear presentation of the subject before I cast my final vote on the matter.

EDIT: I just thought of something but I don't know if it'll affect. The issue is that Edain were men of some age. So if people are too google search the edain wiki they would end up on the Lotr.wikia.com page for edain people. I don't know if it truly affects the traffic but just something to think about
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Jan 2016, 08:59 von The_Necromancer0 »
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

kolibri8

• RPG Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #32 am: 18. Jan 2016, 16:33 »
Zitat
Go ahead, it sticks with the Edain Poll rules, it isn't just stuck there to avoid people having to talk.
Done. xD
Although I'm not sure whether all of those, who voted already, took it serious.
Zitat

I'm discussing the English ones, I don't have the language skills and won't be affected by how the german version looks like so I don't think I have the right to impose anything. However we're still discussing the english layouts. If you look at this post, I've been discussing the subject with a contributor who has managed to make quite an argument, so I gave him permission to edit the Gondor page as he wants as a "trial" version to see how his idea would look exactly. I'd like to get a clear presentation of the subject before I cast my final vote on the matter.
Ah, that's what you meant with layout. Ok. I thought you were talking about the general Layout and Design of the wiki itself, but ok. ;)

EDIT: I just thought of something but I don't know if it'll affect. The issue is that Edain were men of some age. So if people are too google search the edain wiki they would end up on the Lotr.wikia.com page for edain people. I don't know if it truly affects the traffic but just something to think about

Well I just tried it myself:
With the search term "Edain Mod Wiki", the german edain wiki is on second place of the first Page on Google
With "Edain wiki" at least this Thread is on the first Page on 8th place
With "Edain Wikia" the german Edain wiki is on 2nd place again, the original english one is on 7th place but still on first page
With "Edain mod wikia" the german Edain wiki is again on 2nd place with the article about the Edain Mod on 4th place.

The english Wikia probably needs to get bigger (More Articles!). Or as google recognizes where I hail from, it priorizes the german Websites. We'd need a Brit to try it out xD.
RPG:

TheFinalMe

• Bilbos Festgast
  • New and Improved...
« Antwort #33 am: 18. Jan 2016, 17:33 »
The english Wikia probably needs to get bigger (More Articles!). Or as google recognizes where I hail from, it priorizes the german Websites. We'd need a Brit to try it out xD.

I'm in the US and this German website pops up third. http://de.edain.wikia.com/wiki/Edain_Wikia

None of  the English ones show up with a google search... Maybe the Team members could link to us on moddb? This would help us get more traffic and developers for the wiki.
TFM

The_Necromancer0

« Antwort #34 am: 18. Jan 2016, 17:45 »
I'd love to link it on Moddb but I must admit my complete unknoweldge of how Moddb works. The link for the english wiki is at the top of the post but I'll post both wikis down there. I'd like if you could either explain to me how to do it or create a thread yourself.
English Edain Wiki (with the most content)
German Edain Wiki (with the most content)

TheFinalMe

• Bilbos Festgast
  • New and Improved...
« Antwort #35 am: 18. Jan 2016, 17:52 »
I'd love to link it on Moddb but I must admit my complete unknoweldge of how Moddb works.

Yeah, I think you would need an account to post or something. Ideally the Edain team could post a link right on their main page to help us gain viewers and contributors
TFM

TheFinalMe

• Bilbos Festgast
  • New and Improved...
« Antwort #36 am: 18. Jan 2016, 18:11 »
Hey, everybody!

So some of us fans of Edain are really trying to make a wiki for the mod. We think that if people saw a full wiki it would add to the professionalism and image of the mod. Plus, its a way we can give back to the Edain team for all the hard work that they have done.

So in light of this there is one major thing that I would humbly request. As you are playing the game, take screenshots of different units/heroes/buildings/spells/hero powers, etc. and upload them to the wiki or here on this thread. This would help those of us trying to work on different articles immensely. Going into the game and taking screenshots can be really time consuming so if tons of players take an occasional picture we can have a lot of pictures for the wiki. Having these images will allow the wiki to look fantastic and be filled with examples of gameplay from the mod.

The shots just need to be clear examples of the different things. More than one hero/unit in each picture will make it harder for the wiki editor to use. Things like spells and hero powers though just need to be shown in use on units/buildings. They can include other units. Also try and take the highest quality images you can get.

Thanks in advance! TFM
TFM

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #37 am: 18. Jan 2016, 18:38 »

I think that there is no need of having two threads concerning this project.
I believe that a fragmented debate/topic wouldn't just be the best thing for your whole proposal.

If you are still willing to continue this discussion in the already existing main thread, I will merge this topic with that one  :)

« Letzte Änderung: 19. Jan 2016, 11:37 von DieWalküre »

The_Necromancer0

Re: Edain Mod WIKIA
« Antwort #38 am: 20. Jan 2016, 13:30 »
It seems the topic has become somewhat stagnant. I believe that we should proceed with the Merge and tweak the finer detail later. As far as I know we have agreed to:
-Shift the edain.wikia.com pages to edain-mod.wikia.com
-change the domain named of edain-mod.wikia.com to edain.wikia.com
-shift the de.edain-mod.com pages to de.edain.wikia.com
-keep the de.edain.wikia.com domain name

Anything else?

kolibri8

• RPG Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #39 am: 20. Jan 2016, 18:55 »
right, and damn, these urls are confusing, I had to look three times to make sure i didn't misread it [ugly]. I'll be really glad when this is over ;).
RPG:

The_Necromancer0

« Antwort #40 am: 20. Jan 2016, 19:10 »
Yeah, I had to type three times to make sure I got them right  :D Well, I will begin the process, very, very, very carefully and very very slowly to make sure that I don't screw up anything. I will only do this for the English wiki since I might get stuff confused on the German one.

EDIT:
Done, but I don't know how to set up the new URL so unless someone knows I'll go ask for a url name change once the old wiki is closed down.

EDIT2:
A staff has taken care of it, they have merged the wikis and now both links go to the new merged wiki. The same should be done for the german side. I have edited the link on the OP.
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Jan 2016, 05:36 von The_Necromancer0 »

The_Necromancer0

« Antwort #41 am: 21. Jan 2016, 08:43 »
Wow, soo much has changed since the last update, however I won't dilly dally much because I just typed half an essay for this news and then I pressed refresh by accident wiping the whole thing :(. So let's get down to business:
-we've merged the wikis, now both the edain.wikia.com and edain-mod.wikia.com lead to this wiki

-all the content has been transferred and the old wiki has been closed

-new template: Hide/Show: whether you want to shorten the article or hide a spoiler, this template is here for you.
-Easteregg: there is a new riddle on there, can you solve it?
     Where the little people the old man can see
     The White walked in green land
     on rainbows riding from this time
     Since he drank from a gold tankard.
-the navigation bar has been overhauled
    -all the menues have been shortened so that I can fit the 4th menu: Categories check it out
    -other efficiency tweaks have followed
-new section: Editing the Wiki: tips and advice on editing the wiki

Overall, this is a big step forward for the wiki. By doing so we have merge both English communities and simplified the editing process. The German wiki will follow shortly. Again, I recommend that people create account before editing so that user and admins can distinguish the difference between who edits what. Also you can gain the achievements, a fun way to contribute. But, nonetheless, I'm just happy that people contribute.

kolibri8

• RPG Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #42 am: 21. Jan 2016, 11:40 »
EDIT:
Done, but I don't know how to set up the new URL so unless someone knows I'll go ask for a url name change once the old wiki is closed down.

EDIT2:
A staff has taken care of it, they have merged the wikis and now both links go to the new merged wiki. The same should be done for the german side. I have edited the link on the OP.

edain-mod.wikia is still the main url, it should be the other way round, shouldn't it?
RPG:

The_Necromancer0

« Antwort #43 am: 21. Jan 2016, 12:20 »
It is, now that the old wiki has been deleted I've asked for a sitename change but you can access the wiki with edain.wikia.com, try it.

kolibri8

• RPG Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #44 am: 21. Jan 2016, 13:29 »
Zitat
try it.
I know, I know
Zitat
It is, now that the old wiki has been deleted I've asked for a sitename change
So you mean it's on the way?
EDIT: Nevermind it's correct now. ;)

BTW: I contacted the Wikia staff to merge the german wikis ;), should be done in the next days.
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Jan 2016, 16:20 von kolibri8 »
RPG: