[en] Edain Mod > [Edain] Edain Wiki

Edain Mod Wiki General Feedback and News Thread

<< < (2/26) > >>

The_Necromancer0:
The problem with the english one was the afk admin. Without them it would have been impossible to modify the background or the icon like I did on the new one. Obviously I have forgotten to connect the one I created with the german version which I will do. Understand me, if you look at this you'll see that I was really hyped about this and I started editing like crazy, but all my admin related posts have remained unanswered and so I decided to create a new one where major customization could take place. Without an admin, users will only ever be able to fill the slots given to them, with an admin those slots can be expanded, changed shaped, ect... you get the metaphor.

The_Necromancer0:
I've been working all morning and I'm proud to present the first Edain Wiki Update. This is a small text with similar purpose to the Edain News but for the wiki. I've done some major changes on how things work and I've added a lot of things that will help users expand the Wiki. The Edain Mod Wikia now has:
-achievements with custom names and icons!!
-an infobox designed for factions!!
-a reworked navigation bar!!
-a custom background!!
-Edain Team Credit Section!!
-a reworked forum with a new board: Suggestions: for all the things you like seen but can't do or don't want to do alone
-and other minor edits for you to discover....

So join now and find out all about your favorite units, heroes and factions of the Edain Mod.
Sincerely,
The Necromancer

kolibri8:
Although you could've applied for Admin rights here:Adoption:Requests.

Also when I said the german and the english wikia are connected, I meant this:

(This Site is also available in German. Try it out! Edain Wikia)
This is archieved with an identical URL except for the language Prefix (edain.wikia.com and de.edain.wikia.com)

And this (which can be found on the bottom of the articles):

(Languages: German)
These Interwiki links have to be requested here:Interlanguage link requests.
But I'm pretty sure it is not possible to link more than one wiki per language or the outcome would be pretty strange (as it is with the german and english Star Wars wiki(a)s, where Jedipedia.de (on wikia) links to wookiepedia (on wikia), while wookiepedia links to Jedipedia.net (not on wikia). Why Jedipedia.de and Jedipedia.net are different is because their Community couldn't agree on moving to wikia and so there are two now [ugly].)

However I've got to say the marketing of the new one is much better xD.

The_Necromancer0:

--- Zitat ---Although you could've applied for Admin rights here:Adoption:Requests.

--- Ende Zitat ---
I didn't know that, I might have done it otherwise, well next time maybe.

--- Zitat ---Also when I said the german and the english wikia are connected, I meant this:

(This Site is also available in German. Try it out! Edain Wikia)
This is archieved with an identical URL except for the language Prefix (edain.wikia.com and de.edain.wikia.com)
--- Ende Zitat ---
I did know that but I didn't know that you needed to request the linkage, by linking I meant putting a link to the german on the home page.

Overall, I understand that creating a new wiki with the same purpose might have been a bit messy, but I didn't know at the time that you could apply for adoption and it felt to me as though I was going to have to drag a dead horse all the way through. This is why I created the new Wiki so that everybody on this forum could have a say. I'm online 80% of the time, most of the time, whether on my computer or simply through notifications on my mails. This will allow me and the other user to collaborate more efficiently as communication is key and I didn't see any on the old wiki. All I saw was the default forums, the default navigation tab, the default icon, the default text and the default background. This is why I created a new wiki, now are you gonna keep beating that dead horse or do you wanna join me and saddle up on the live one ;)?

kolibri8:
One last thing to that matter:
Maybe we could merge the two?

Since the Article (and User) count is still so low, this should be easier now, than later.

I just don't like to have dead wikias drift around in the Internet. ;)

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

[*] Vorherige Sete

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln