26. Apr 2024, 07:36 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: few things i would apprecieate in the game  (Gelesen 1973 mal)

jim

• Hobbit
few things i would apprecieate in the game
« am: 8. Jan 2016, 03:25 »
Does anyone else have the problem of the computer player not ever using siege towers or even assaulting my castle if the gates are closed? But when i open them, the computer player sends their entire army all at once, only to stop the second i close my gate again.It takes a lot of the fun out of building up defenses, especially cus it defeats the purpose of playing in a capital or even a fraction with a castle.

Also when I'm on the offensive, the computer player never closes their gate, making it incredibly easy to win & taking lot of fun out of it.

Would a setting of like defensive mode be out of the question? where the computer player focuses more on its defenses to make a fun challenge to lay siege too. (not including fractions without walls, Isengard, Mordor etc.)

Another idea is that i never felt like the player in a capital should really ever be going on the offensive, maybe a defensive (option)mode of the game with a timer were the capital player must hold out for a certain amount of time to win, thus giving the feeling of a siege similar to the movies.

I have also had the problem of wanting to face an enemy ring hero, but the computer player would just hold onto it at their base & never use it. (even on brutal)

Jus a few ideas i would appreciate in the game, i love everything about this mod, great job Edain team, keep it up.

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
Re: few things i would apprecieate in the game
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Jan 2016, 03:27 »
Zitat
I have also had the problem of wanting to face an enemy ring hero, but the computer player would just hold onto it at their base & never use it. (even on brutal)
The AI can't use the ring, because if they use it the game will crash.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #2 am: 8. Jan 2016, 06:21 »
What you talk of is mostly AI issues, the team had to, I think, redesign the whole AI to fit its purpose and therefore it still lacks a certain discernment when it comes to picking a strategy. What I do recommend if you want more of a challenge is to either go against real player or put the AI on brutal if you haven't already. Ai also has its little habits: Isengard prefers to build siege on an outpost if it has already built a steel works somewhere else, Mordor/Gondor will start building siege late game, Rohan spams out siege Mid-Late Game.  Lorien like its Ents mid-game. However as far as the rest go you can only hope that someone will design a nice siege map. If you feel like doing a throwback to 3.8.1 there was a great map: Helm Klamm Horror (i think that's how you spell it). Basically 7 AI/player in an expanded version of the Hornburg together against 1 AI: the 7 AI/player would often lose.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 8. Jan 2016, 07:51 »
I had to remove the poll because it honestly didn't make sense for a thread like this, nor would it have ever been something useful and constructive as well in these circumstances.

Polls were under discussion recently among the Moderators, and, as you can read, we decided to act if this feature is used not so appropriately like in this case  :)

http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,32047.msg416612.html#msg416612

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #4 am: 8. Jan 2016, 21:39 »
Shouldn't this thread be moved to the AI suggestions?
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 8. Jan 2016, 23:49 »
A post from hoho96.
Due to some technical problems, he asked me to post it  :)

The core of the message doesn't obviously change, though.
This thread is locked.

Zitat
All the mentioned issues on this topic has been addressed numerous times.

1. The AI can't properly use siege weapons, unless it's a ram or a catapult (the AI would basically smash its way through, and not bother with sieging at all).

2. When the AI was programmed to close the gate, it would close it and never open it again, which, as you can imagine, is not totally ideal.
Therefore, it was made so that it will always be open, until the Edain Team figures out a solution at all.

Zitat
Would a setting of like defensive mode be out of the question? where the computer player focuses more on its defenses to make a fun challenge to lay siege too. (not including fractions without walls, Isengard, Mordor etc.)

Another idea is that i never felt like the player in a capital should really ever be going on the offensive, maybe a defensive (option)mode of the game with a timer were the capital player must hold out for a certain amount of time to win, thus giving the feeling of a siege similar to the movies.

Yes, that's out of question  xD

4. As said, ring heroes would crash the game, so they're disabled, for now.

Due to this topic being basically a dead end (you can't really suggest anything regarding the AI unless the Edain Team felt that certain areas are free for 'some' wild developments), this thread is now closed.

--- CLOSED ---