19. Apr 2024, 06:55 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Glorfindel23's Map Pack  (Gelesen 239752 mal)

lord_ellessar

• Edain Team Recruit
  • Verteidiger Morias
  • you know nothing j... sorry wrong place
Re: Glorfindel23's Map Pack
« Antwort #45 am: 26. Jan 2016, 07:06 »
It looks to be a wonderfull map can't wait :)
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Jan 2016, 17:41 von lord_ellessar »

UlfricStormcloak148

• Pförtner von Bree
  • Celebwen The Silver Maiden
« Antwort #46 am: 27. Jan 2016, 16:41 »
Ready to be released ?

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #47 am: 27. Jan 2016, 18:31 »
Minas Tirith The White City, map released !

The map is in version 1.00 :
For play to this map click on the download link :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/p6vje15pchdx25j/Minas+Tirith+The+White+City.rar

(You must play with the standard setting)

Description of the map :
- The map present the 7 levels of Minas Tirith
- Three camps are capturable
= Orc Camp with recruitment buildings
= Orc Camp with economic buildings
= Camp of the Evil Mens to recruit the troops of the Rhun and Harad
- The city is empty at start but when you build the Town House and you upgrade it, the peasants appear (The enemy can kill the peasants when he destroy the Town House).

- New units are recruitable.
- don't forget the batiments with a black door have a function of recruitment

Good Game !
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Jun 2016, 17:20 von Glorfindel23 »

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #48 am: 27. Jan 2016, 20:27 »
nice. can't wait to play it. as i'm still relatively new to using user-made maps, do i just extract the files and place them in my BfME2:RotWK folder?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

LordOfMoria

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Sigin-turg
« Antwort #49 am: 27. Jan 2016, 20:43 »
For me its "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files\Maps"

You can access AppData in explorer typing %appdata%

just extract the map-files there
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Jan 2016, 20:47 von barbituric »
Baruk khazaddumu

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #50 am: 27. Jan 2016, 20:54 »
is it a hidden file? because i type in "appdata" in my user directory, and i get thousands of entries, none of which are related to BfME2
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #51 am: 27. Jan 2016, 21:17 »
From the instructions of my own mappack:

Zitat
Go to your "My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files", you can access it by pressing "Windows-key" and "R" at the same time, this will open the "Run" option. Type "%appdata%" in the search box without the quotemarks, and you will get to the hidden Appdata folder, and you will see the "My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files" folder inside of it. Open that folder, and then open the folder called "Maps". Put the map in that folder, and you can now find the map in the skirmish mode.

UlfricStormcloak148

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #52 am: 27. Jan 2016, 22:14 »
Great map !!!

But I have something to say I dunno if for one of them the others is the same but for me each time I play Mordor.

One cage troll (left) near the both camp cannot be use.
The game crush after 5-10min when i play Mordor. For Gondor everything works perfectly

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #53 am: 27. Jan 2016, 23:30 »
Great map !!!

But I have something to say I dunno if for one of them the others is the same but for me each time I play Mordor.

One cage troll (left) near the both camp cannot be use.
The game crush after 5-10min when i play Mordor. For Gondor everything works perfectly

Thank you I have corrected the problem of the troll cage  ;)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #54 am: 28. Jan 2016, 01:24 »
First off: Absolutely incredible work. You have pulled off what nobody to date has managed to do, and created a fully explorable, 7 leveled Minas Tirith that saccurate to the film. Bravo man, bravo.

That being said, there are a fair few bugs. Firstly, and most importantly, when playing with a couple of friends a defeat timer showed up randomly about 5 minutes in, and ended the game in victory for all of us. I have no idea what caused this, but this needs to be addressed quickly.
EDIT: After some testing, me and my friends discovered the root cause of the bug mentioned immediately above. The game, regardless of what mode its on, thinks that your playing conquest mode, where you win by taking more than half of the settlements. As soon as the attacker takes 7 of the available outer build plots, the timer begins. So there you go, glad we found the cause of that bug :)

Additionally, in regards of recruiting from the houses with the black doors, most of them cannot be directly clicked on, and you have to drag a box around them. Its also very difficult to see what buildings can be recruited from. I would suggest maybe adding something to help the player identify if its a recruiting structure, like a flag, or making the building bigger or of a slightly different colour. Also, a lot of the build plots are rather hidden, either behind other buildings or covered by trees, I think this should be fixed to make build plots easier to find.

Another bug that I noticed happened when I was trying to recruit some heroes from the citadel on the 2nd level, on the left, it took my money and didn't recruit the hero. I have no idea what caused this.

Final bug is related to scrolling to the edge of the map. If you quickly jump from the top of Minas Tirith to the edge of the map before the camera zooms in, it tricks the game into thinking your at the edge, and then when the camera DOES zoom in you can't reach the edge of the map anymore. To fix this problem you simply have to go to the top, and then slowly down back to the bottom, to let the camera zoom in, but it would be nice if there's a fix available.

EDIT: A few more thoughts and bugs.

If set to skirmish mode, then the defender gets 8k command points and the attackers get default. If set to epic battle, the defender gets default 1800 limit while attacks get 18000. If set to battle mode, the defender gets 8k command points, 1 attacker gets 1800, and 1 attacker gets 3600. This needs to be balanced so that command points are the same regardless of game mode.

When the Rohan timer finished after capturing the signal fire, there was nowhere for me to recruit any Rohirrric Cavalry or Heroes. I could only recruit peasants and research Rohan upgrades, and make siege. Before you say it, yes I had Rohan Answers! but there was nowhere inside the city for me to recruit anything other than some peasants top floor. Also, shouldn't an army of Rohirrim show up at the end of the timer? Its very anticlimactic to just be able to train Rohan units at the end of it, when Gondor units are superior for the most part anyways.

The Gondor Fountain Guard unit still has vanilla stats, which are really terrible compared to normal Tower Guards. This should be fixed and updated.

The Minas Tirith walls are very weak and easy to destroy, and once they have been destroyed units can no longer walk on them, but they do not disappear. This should be fixed ASAP, as an attacking player can just destroy the entire first levels walls and make it impossible to defend from them.

Finally, the Evil Men camp in the bottom left has incredibly high damage defensive arrows. The fire arrows that shoot out of the buildings can kill heroes in like 10 shots. This should be balanced.

Thanks for making such an awesome map, looking forward to playing it again when some of the bugs and errors are fixed :)
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Jan 2016, 03:53 von Elite KryPtik »
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #55 am: 28. Jan 2016, 08:46 »
Thank you I will fix this problems

Zitat
Additionally, in regards of recruiting from the houses with the black doors, most of them cannot be directly clicked on, and you have to drag a box around them.

-> Sorry for this but for the moment I have not solutions

And for the batiments, the trees are for the aesthetic of the map and the fact that the batiments are masked is not a problem but when the player have play with the map the first time he knows the emplacement of any buildings. I think one map must be discovered and explored.  :)

In regards to the Rohan, it's normal than the heroes can't be recruited and when I make my map I didn't want a map scripted like the movie, I prefer to make a skirmish map basic with some bonus and some new options.

I've adjusted these problems :
- The commande point is now ok and you can play in all setting in the game
- The walls of Minas Tirith cannot be destroy, only the door can be destroy
- The Fontaine's Guards cost now 2600

EDIT: I don't understand why when the player 2 choose the the Mordor the game is crash after 10 minute of game.
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Jan 2016, 12:23 von Glorfindel23 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #56 am: 28. Jan 2016, 11:38 »
Glorfindel23, I edited your comment.

As a Moderator, I must ask you to avoid multiple double posts when it's possible.
Thank you.

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #57 am: 28. Jan 2016, 11:45 »
I think it's a good idea, the city will be more alive like that, and well it's more fun to destroy a lot of building with catapult, followed by Siege tower

Does the enemy (AI) can use siege tower in this map ?

When you build and upgrade the TownHouses in Minas Tirith the peasants appear and the enemy can destroy the buildings and kill the peasants.

UlfricStormcloak148

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #58 am: 28. Jan 2016, 12:57 »
I might have an idea about the reason of why when the player 1 choose Mordor and the west camp the game crash after 5-10 minutes.

When we begin in this camp we have two orcs tents and two cage trolls. Perhaps you should try first to see if the same thing happen when the player 1 choose Mordor in the east camp, and the two orcs tents and two cage trolls are link to the east camp. Because if it's the case, then you will find the reason of the bug, and you should try to create a capturable camp here too. It's might be here the cause of the crash.

I'm not sure but hey Who dares win!

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #59 am: 28. Jan 2016, 13:08 »
I might have an idea about the reason of why when the player 1 choose Mordor and the west camp the game crash after 5-10 minutes.

When we begin in this camp we have two orcs tents and two cage trolls. Perhaps you should try first to see if the same thing happen when the player 1 choose Mordor in the east camp, and the two orcs tents and two cage trolls are link to the east camp. Because if it's the case, then you will find the reason of the bug, and you should try to create a capturable camp here too. It's might be here the cause of the crash.

I'm not sure but hey Who dares win!

Yes you are right I will go verified  ;)