23. Apr 2024, 19:34 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Glorfindel23's Map Pack  (Gelesen 240234 mal)

Nuramon90

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Namáriëor Navaer
Re: Glorfindel23's Map Pack
« Antwort #60 am: 28. Jan 2016, 13:16 »
Thank you for this awesome map!

I just finished it against 2 brutal Mordor.

Okay I am wondering why I am not able to require aid from Rohan. I captured the lighfire, the timer ended but no Rohirims arrived. Whats the problem there? Do I need a lot CP left or why didnt they arrive?

I noticed, that I wasnt able to capture one building down on the left side of the Castle. I wasnt able to. Anyway, great map and I had a lot of fun playing it!!!

Next time, Im going to play with mordor ;)
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

UlfricStormcloak148

• Pförtner von Bree
  • Celebwen The Silver Maiden
« Antwort #61 am: 28. Jan 2016, 13:24 »
For Nuramon90

After you captured the lightfire  and the timer is ended you need to go to three of building with black door to be able to create rohirrim and rohan peasant, armory and so on. It is the only way to recruit them

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #62 am: 28. Jan 2016, 13:51 »
Thank you for this awesome map!

I just finished it against 2 brutal Mordor.

Okay I am wondering why I am not able to require aid from Rohan. I captured the lighfire, the timer ended but no Rohirims arrived. Whats the problem there? Do I need a lot CP left or why didnt they arrive?

I noticed, that I wasnt able to capture one building down on the left side of the Castle. I wasnt able to. Anyway, great map and I had a lot of fun playing it!!!

Next time, Im going to play with mordor ;)

For the rohan
Look the video of explanation -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTfkiM9JWGc

And for the capture of the inn, only the heroes can capture her but the other units have not enough space to capture the flag
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Jan 2016, 13:56 von Glorfindel23 »

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #63 am: 28. Jan 2016, 14:04 »
I really enjoyed this map when I played it.  One of the best fan created maps I've ever seen.  Just a few things I noticed that I would like to see changed.

I played the map with KryPtik, and I agree with everything he posted.  I have one more bug to add, which really only effects the Attacker.

The War Paint upgrade for the Mumakil doesn't seem to do anything.  You can not upgrade the Mumakil, nor do they come out with the War Paint once the upgrade is purchased.  My suggestion would be remove War Paint as an upgrade, to make and Harad or Rhun unit come out with Upgrades one you use Influence of Sauron on a tribute camp, assuming this is possible.  If not, allowing the War Paint to be purchased on Mumakil is the next best thing.

Now I have some other suggestions, not related to any bugs.

Rhun Riders only cost 40 cp, which is incredibly low.  This is not a bug because I remember they cost this much on the Shire map if you capture the inn in the middle as Mordor, but if possible, the cp cost should be increased, maybe to 80 cp because they are slightly worse then Haradrim Lancers. 

The Spellbook-Powers Harad Reinforcements and Rhun Reinforcements are incredibly redundant on this map because you can just buy the units on the map, and because of how long it takes for those Spells to recharge.  My suggestion here would be to greatly lower the recharge time of these spells.  This would also make it so that the Mordor player who doesn't have the Evil Men camp to have a decent amount of Evil Men in their army. 

Now I don't know what you can do about this one, but Grond being locked behind a 10 point Spellbook power on a map like this doesn't seem right.  Is there a way we can just buy Grond, or make it that he Spawns after 10 minutes of play?  I would really love to attack the Gates of Minas Tirith with Grond, but this is near impossible because of how late you have to get him (do I call Grond Him? Or should I use It? I don't know :P ). 

I do agree with making the Walls of Minas Tirith invincible, but with this change I would also like to see Siege Towers getting a boost in Armor, because they die very fast from what I remember, and that would really force the Attacker to just attack the gate. 

I would also like to see the Command Point limit removed from the attackers.  Not much else I can say about that.

One last thing.  I don't know if this is a bug or not, but for the Player that starts with the Orcs Tents and Troll cages, one Troll cage starts at level 1, and the other at level 3.  I think that both should Start at level 3.

That's it for now.  I really look forward to playing this again, maybe coming up with some new ideas along the way.  This map is incredible, and I would love to see it improved.

Keep up the good work. :)

« Letzte Änderung: 28. Jan 2016, 14:13 von Hamanathnath »

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #64 am: 28. Jan 2016, 14:28 »
Thank you ! I'm working  ;)

Nuramon90

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Namáriëor Navaer
« Antwort #65 am: 28. Jan 2016, 14:52 »
Thank you for your answer, now everything is clear for me!

Ok, next time I try to capture the building with one of my heroes. Thank you once again for this awesome map. Im totally looking forward for your updates.

Dou you plan to create Edoras like this too :P? A rohan fortress would be awesome ;)
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #66 am: 28. Jan 2016, 15:06 »
Another thing, having to manually make trebuchets to place individually along the wall is really annoying. It would be nice if you could restore the defensive build plots along the wall on the first and second levels, so that the defender can make trebuchets, battle towers and postern gates, like in the default Minas Tirith map.

I still think that having to wait 30 minutes just to recruit Rohan units is completely pointless. Everything Rohan can make, Gondor has a better version of. Even Gondor Knights are better than Rohan Cavalry, the only thing that makes Rohan better in skirmish is the reduced cost of resources and CP, but that's frankly inapplicable here. I think most people would agree that rather than the confusing current system of recruit-from-the-buildings-with-the-black-doors, it would be better to just have a large army of Rohirrim with all the mounted Rohan heroes spawn at the end of the timer.

Finally, just an opinion, but I think that the defender doesn't quite have enough of a resource lead. Its very easy for the attackers to get a huge force very quickly, and the defender may not be able to hold them back because of low resources. This nearly happened to me, but I was saved by quickly getting army of the dead.

Looking forward to more updates :)
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #67 am: 28. Jan 2016, 15:11 »
Thank you for your answer, now everything is clear for me!

Ok, next time I try to capture the building with one of my heroes. Thank you once again for this awesome map. Im totally looking forward for your updates.

Dou you plan to create Edoras like this too :P? A rohan fortress would be awesome ;)

I will to explain my project when I will finish my map of Minas Tirith

Another thing, having to manually make trebuchets to place individually along the wall is really annoying. It would be nice if you could restore the defensive build plots along the wall on the first and second levels, so that the defender can make trebuchets, battle towers and postern gates, like in the default Minas Tirith map.

I still think that having to wait 30 minutes just to recruit Rohan units is completely pointless. Everything Rohan can make, Gondor has a better version of. Even Gondor Knights are better than Rohan Cavalry, the only thing that makes Rohan better in skirmish is the reduced cost of resources and CP, but that's frankly inapplicable here. I think most people would agree that rather than the confusing current system of recruit-from-the-buildings-with-the-black-doors, it would be better to just have a large army of Rohirrim with all the mounted Rohan heroes spawn at the end of the timer.

Finally, just an opinion, but I think that the defender doesn't quite have enough of a resource lead. Its very easy for the attackers to get a huge force very quickly, and the defender may not be able to hold them back because of low resources. This nearly happened to me, but I was saved by quickly getting army of the dead.

Looking forward to more updates :)

I explain :
I played with a lot of custom maps of Minas Tirith, all these maps was the same and were based on the theme of the battle Pelennor field like in the film "you start in the castle, the enemy attack you with a massive army, the rohan arrives, is now the mumakils and finally Aragorn Legolas and Gimli with the Army of the dead.
Like these map was already exist I decided to make a map of Minas Tirith after this battle, when Aragorn is the king of the men and all the fiefs of the men are united.
It's so not a map on the same theme than the film.

And for the economy I almost finish my new idea, I will show you later.
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Jan 2016, 15:28 von Glorfindel23 »

Celebrimbor

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #68 am: 28. Jan 2016, 16:51 »
I have paste the map in my folder (%appdata% --- Witch-King), but I dont see the map in the game
Why is that?
Can someone help me?

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #69 am: 28. Jan 2016, 17:26 »
I might have an idea about the reason of why when the player 1 choose Mordor and the west camp the game crash after 5-10 minutes.

When we begin in this camp we have two orcs tents and two cage trolls. Perhaps you should try first to see if the same thing happen when the player 1 choose Mordor in the east camp, and the two orcs tents and two cage trolls are link to the east camp. Because if it's the case, then you will find the reason of the bug, and you should try to create a capturable camp here too. It's might be here the cause of the crash.

I'm not sure but hey Who dares win!

I have deleted the troll cage and the orc camps of the start but the problem persists.

________________________ ________________________

I have paste the map in my folder (%appdata% --- Witch-King), but I dont see the map in the game
Why is that?
Can someone help me?

Are you sure you have this road
"C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\my files the LOTR, The Rise Of The Watch King™\maps"

Not to be confused with "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\my files the LOTR, The Rise Of The Watch King„¢\maps"

« Letzte Änderung: 28. Jan 2016, 17:33 von Glorfindel23 »

UlfricStormcloak148

• Pförtner von Bree
  • Celebwen The Silver Maiden
« Antwort #70 am: 28. Jan 2016, 17:41 »
Your idea to have these building from the start is good, but I think you need to keep them like the others camps instead that the player 2 can use them from the start.

For the bug, I don't know I thought it was the camp but... might be you need to see the function you put for player 2 when you create the map, otherwise I dunno, sorry

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #71 am: 29. Jan 2016, 02:02 »
I see your point Glorfindel, but I'm not sure you see mine. My point is that if no big army is going to show up, then its extremely anticlimactic to have the whole timer system in the first place. You might as well just enable us to get the Rohan troops from the start of the match.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #72 am: 29. Jan 2016, 14:16 »
My problem with the Rohan timer is that inside the map, it really isn't explained.  It makes people think that a Rohan Army is coming, because if I remember correctly, the timer just says "Rohan". 

Now I don't mind the defender not getting a Rohan Army.  But I do find the timer just to be able to buy Rohan Units to be rather long, I think 15 mins would be better, but more importantly, how the attackers see the timer.  The timer effectively scares the attackers into buy a lot of Pikes because they think a large army of Riders of Rohan is coming.  That is what makes it a problem.  Everyone is expecting one thing to happen, and in the end nothing happens.

Also, I think it would be smart to put some sort of Rohan banner in front of the buildings that build Rohan units, just so people are less confused on where these buildings are.  Also, allowing the player to make Rohan siege is kinda pointless, considering Gondor siege is just better.  This isn't a needed change, but I don't think people with use the Rohan siege over the Gondor siege. 

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #73 am: 29. Jan 2016, 16:32 »
New design for the identification of the building :

And tge timer is now fixed to 10min.
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Jun 2016, 17:20 von Glorfindel23 »

Hal9000

• Gast
« Antwort #74 am: 29. Jan 2016, 16:44 »
A wonderful work, what a pleasure to play on a realistic minas tirith map, thank you for your work Glorfindel.