25. Apr 2024, 01:41 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

2 votes, pick your favourite ideas for improving Rohans late game.

Buff Melee Cavalry, either through a normal buff, Spellbook Power or buyable Upgrade
Buff Spear Throwers and Rohirrim Archers(mounted cavalry)
Give Rohan some economy upgrades, researchable at the citadel, armory, a new economy building or a new outpost
Give Rohan Heroes better stats while mounted(trample damage, slower trample deceleration, etc.)
Add some new units to the faction, recruitable at either a new outpost or the default buildings(Heavy Infantry/Cavalry, permanent Galadhrim summon)

Autor Thema: Rohan Late Game Improvement Ideas  (Gelesen 28668 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: Rohan Late Game Improvement Ideas
« Antwort #75 am: 20. Jan 2016, 02:17 »
Well I agree about that!But still I doubt they had Gondor Type Cavalry and yet I think it is something that can be explored further,by making some more Heavy Armored Cavalry besides the Royal Guards and buffing a little the Westfold Cavalry !

Well even if Erkebrand is not going to be a full fledged Hero I think he too can get 1-2 additional Abilities and still the idea about limited Westfold Units to 3 or may be even 4 can be a good solution for Rohan! :-)

Greetings!
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

makis89

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #76 am: 20. Jan 2016, 11:59 »
Give Rohan an economy boost either by a new outpost or an economy upgrade is a good idea cause it's poor in lategame...and in my opinion spear throwers have to change a little either by buffing them or give them another role because nobody use them

Greetings
"...for all living things were her food,
and her vomit darkness."

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #77 am: 20. Jan 2016, 12:30 »
This idea might be changing the way Rohan stands in the game, but I think it might solve the late game thing..
Consider removing the 3 captains from the Assembly Point,but allowing the recruitment of the wastfold infantry units with no limitations since they are more powerfull and far nicer than the peasants, in a cost of about 500- 600 gp.
Place the 10 point power as an outpost but the upgrades researched in it should affect all Rohhirim on the map (this idea is not mine so I pay my dues to the people behind this)
And finally place Gandalf the white along with Erkembrand and 3 battalions of the Westfold cavalry in the 10 point power to follow the lore in the Two Towers and the decisive turn in the Battle of Helm's Deep.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #78 am: 20. Jan 2016, 13:17 »

Would you mind if I merged this thread with the current Rohan Late Game Improvement Ideas thread?  :)

There are currently 4, and probably more, topics that already deal with Rohan's late game, it would just be too dispersive and redundant creating other multiple ones, which could also lead the discussion to be more fragmented and difficult to follow.
There is also a poll in that section, you thus might find other possible solutions in those choices or in continuing the discussion there.

« Letzte Änderung: 20. Jan 2016, 13:21 von DieWalküre »

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #79 am: 20. Jan 2016, 17:00 »

You did well, I don't know how to do it myself..
I hope my ideas would give a small solution in this topic.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #80 am: 20. Jan 2016, 17:15 »

I hope my ideas would give a small solution in this topic.

I don't think that you, normal users, have the possibility of doing it yourselves.
Regardless of that, don't worry, I'm here exactly to help  :)

Sure, your contribution will be part of the general discussion and will enrich it as well.

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #81 am: 20. Jan 2016, 17:53 »

I don't think that you, normal users, have the possibility of doing it yourselves.
Regardless of that, don't worry, I'm here exactly to help  :)

https://i.imgflip.com/xo9y5.jpg

This idea might be changing the way Rohan stands in the game, but I think it might solve the late game thing..
Consider removing the 3 captains from the Assembly Point,but allowing the recruitment of the wastfold infantry units with no limitations since they are more powerfull and far nicer than the peasants, in a cost of about 500- 600 gp.
Place the 10 point power as an outpost but the upgrades researched in it should affect all Rohhirim on the map (this idea is not mine so I pay my dues to the people behind this)
And finally place Gandalf the white along with Erkembrand and 3 battalions of the Westfold cavalry in the 10 point power to follow the lore in the Two Towers and the decisive turn in the Battle of Helm's Deep.

I don't think that these ideas are the best way to help Rohan.

Having the Westfold units trainable at that price at the assembly point would make Rohan's early game too strong in my opinion, and I don't think the team wanted the Captains to be changed like that.  Don't quote me on it though.

I personally don't agree that the 10 point power Camp should be an outpost. If all the idea is to make all cavalry stronger after getting the upgrades at this outpost, then I don't agree that Rohan should need an outpost like this to get those upgrades.  And While I agree that Gandalf and Erkenbrands saving Helms Deep is decisive, that power is just giving Rohan more cavalry for a short time, which doesn't really solve any problem.

Ideas are always appreciated though, so I do encourage people to post them like you did.

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #82 am: 20. Jan 2016, 18:55 »
I have another idea of improving Rohan Late Game.
Now, Assembly Point could provide Rohan resources and the building itself could gain level 3. At level 2, the building provides Elfhelm and Grimbold. Elfhelm provides warriors with swords, Grimbold provides pikemen. That would be the Mid game.
And level 3 Assembly Point gives you access to Erkenbrand which provides Cavalry. What do you think it would be even a partial solution to the outpost for Rohan.

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #83 am: 20. Jan 2016, 19:16 »
I have another idea of improving Rohan Late Game.
Now, Assembly Point could provide Rohan resources and the building itself could gain level 3. At level 2, the building provides Elfhelm and Grimbold. Elfhelm provides warriors with swords, Grimbold provides pikemen. That would be the Mid game.
And level 3 Assembly Point gives you access to Erkenbrand which provides Cavalry. What do you think it would be even a partial solution to the outpost for Rohan.
I don't see how this would improve Rohan's late game.  If anything, it seems to limits to limit them earlier on, and limiting the captains to only have 1 option on what to summon.

An assembly point producing resources doesn't really make sense the way I see it.  And even if it did, it still costs 600 resources, so buying a farm would be smarter for resources anyways. 

Am I misinterpreting something you said? Because this suggestion seems to hinder Rohan more then help.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #84 am: 20. Jan 2016, 20:00 »
Unless it pays off with more resources than a farm. His idea does hold something interesting, namely, making a certain building produce extra resources. Perhaps the Rohirrim Muster Camp could provide resources as well, for lategame?
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #85 am: 20. Jan 2016, 20:19 »
I'll try to somehow improve this idea
So yes Elfhelm, Grimbold, Erkenbrand can do what they do now. I came up with this idea because Erkenbrand reminded me of cavalry Grimbold - brings pikemen (because he has a pike) and Elfhelm well the choice was clear. But if it is poor let it be as it is. Assembly point now costs 400. Shows how it looks:
Level 1 - Not recruits units can defend itself (thanks to the archer who is at the top)
Level 2 - recruits Grimbold and Elfhelm (Units which they recall have heavy armor) (recall only infantry)
Level 3 - Recruits additionally Erkenbrand who brink cavalry and allows Grimbold and Elfhelm brink cavalry.
(Archer at the top of the building since then has flaming an arrow for a better defense or changes archer on ranged Spearman
@ Odysseus
I think Rohirrim Muster Camp can provide reasorces too this is 10pp speel after all yeah
Edit : You cant upgrade Assembly point by himself you need to wait till it ugprade of course building can give more resources with every level up and little faster noramlly i think this is every 6s later can provide every 5s (amount of money
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Jan 2016, 20:46 von Slawek56703 »

Saeros

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #86 am: 20. Jan 2016, 20:41 »

I won't say anything about Boromir..  8-)

What if the troops of Westfold to be recruited only after Theoden has been cured? Besides their price at 600 gp per battalion is not low, especially if the Assembly Point needs money to allow the recruitment.
This will give the player the opportunity to make another strategy in order to diverse the pike spam problem that he/she will probably be facing playing as Rohan.

The idea of the outpost was derived by the members of the community which I liked pretty much, so that is why I thought of the 10 power point ability.
And it could be an army consisting of all the Westfold units not only riders.

I know this might not be a very popular idea, but it could give more depth in the way Rohan can defeat its enemies especially if this idea is enriched, or enriches some of the rest suggestions that have been made in this thread.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #87 am: 20. Jan 2016, 21:32 »
I, personally, also disagree with this idea, and to my knowledge the team has already rejected making the summonable Military Camp an outpost. I'm pretty sure they also rejected making any of the westfold units recruitable normally.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #88 am: 20. Jan 2016, 22:17 »
Well I am not a fan of making them Recruitable too,the Westfold Units should be Summoned 1 Battalion at a time by their respective Captain with a cool Down! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #89 am: 20. Jan 2016, 22:52 »
Then what happens to the captain? They would become single units, basically heroes? The team has already also said no to that idea.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!