28. Mär 2024, 20:13 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: LPS-Cup Tournament Rules  (Gelesen 16650 mal)

BausDer

• LPS-Organisator
  • Wanderer des Alten Waldes
LPS-Cup Tournament Rules
« am: 15. Jan 2016, 12:53 »
Hello friends of the Edain,

Overview: Here are the rules and general information about the Cup.

PLEASE NOTE:
The rules can be changed until the start of the tournament, thus applies to every player always to pursue this thread! (Ignorance is no defense)
Non compliance with the rules will be punished by disqualification!

Rules and general information

0) We expect  respect  and to be fair by all players towards their opponents and of those responsible.
0b) The following items are required for participation :
      - the Lord of Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2 & Rise of the Witch King
      - the newest version of Edain Mod (4.2.1)
      - Tournament Fix

http://www.file-upload.net/download-11403312/LPS_Tournamentfix.7z.html
(donwload the file and pull the .big file in your Rise of the Witch King folder. After the Tournament you can simply delete the file. You will find the Patch notes in the zip folder) 

- Gameranger and a Gameranger account
      - Teamspeak 3
        IP: 136.243.203.81:5004

0c) To register send a PM to BausDer. To confirm your registration send your 3 factions via PM no lather than 13.03. to BausDer.

1) Games will be played in 1v1. To progress 2 wins needed. (Best of 3)
1b) The tournament will be played in the  newest published version of Edain Mod.
1c) The newest version has to be published to 10.03.

2) The pairings will be drawn to the starting point of each tournament phase.
2b) The first called Player is considered Player1 and the second Player2

3) The timing of the match has to be identified autonomously between players. This shall be notified at least 24 hours before the start of the tournament committee.

3b) The game periods of the tournament must be complied:
19.03. -  26.03.   16th finals
26.03. - 02.04.    8th  finals                                 
02.04. - 09.04     Quarterfinals
09.04. - 16.04      Semifinals
16.04. - 23.04.     final / 3th place Match

4) Each player announces (via PM) 3 factions with which he wants to compete, this happens via PM to the Manager. This needs to 13.03. at the latest happen.
4b) Each faction can be played in a maximum of 1 in a Matchup. The order of them does not matter.

5) 15 minutes before the start of each game, players, streamers and / or managers are required to report in TS3 of the tournament for a talk. The special faction of each Player will be reported secretly to the managers. During the game players will get moved in its own channel.

6) The game is played via GameRanger.

7) Own heroes and ring heroes are disabled.

8) The starting raw materials be 1000 and are subject to the standard rules of engagement.

9) The Game will be hosted by the managers, should be no manager responsible for your Game the first called Player is responsible for the hosting.

10) A player wins by destruction or abandonment of an opponent.
10b) The results of the parties are to be stored in a specially-built Forum of each tournament phase.
10c) If no responsible to be present, the players have to save the replays.

11) In the event of termination of a match, for technical reasons, the outcome is not clear, and the 10-minute mark has not been reached, the game must be restarted. Should be exceeded the 10-minute mark or a intentionally termination or the output of the game will be  clear, the Player looses the Match. When in doubt, decide an arbitrator, this contact with Replay to the tournament director.

12) Should a Player not arrive in time for a Match, he will be disqualified. The deadline for timely cancellation is 3h before the game startsand should be via PM to Bausder and your opponent in the forum. Should the Match be cancellatet, both Player decide a new time for the rematch.

13) The Map of the game will be drawn in addition to the pairings in the stream.
      Tournament Maps:   - Morgai
                                     - Fords of Isen II
                                     - Ironhills
                                     - Forelands of the Emyn Muil
                                     - Brandywine
13b)The Startpositions will be selected alternately. Player1 gets the first choice and Player2 the choice in match 2. (P1, P2, P1).

14) The date of the streams will be given at least 3 days before the beginning of this notice. Their results will be posted in the forum. (Notice at the Moment the Streams will only be german! We are looking for english streamers.)
Note! If there will be no English Stream you get extra Posts for the Forum as fast as possible.

15) Results and the latest news are always appreciated in the Forum. (In English)

16) The LPS-Cup is a mostly German tournament, but it will also allow international players to participate. Thus, each player should adjust it to meet an English opponents. For ease of communication English speakers are provided with a "(EN)" behind the name.

17) Cheating, hacking and bug using are forbidden. It will be punished with a bann for the tournament.

Your LPS team.
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Mär 2016, 18:30 von BausDer »

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: LPS-Cup Tournament Rules
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Jan 2016, 19:10 »
Hey, so the only rule that I don't like in here is that players have to pick their factions. I always play as random, and most people I play competitively with pick random as well. Picking factions before the match can give the opponent an advantage because he knows how to counter you. Can we change that rule to allow players to just play random, or whatever they want?
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #2 am: 15. Jan 2016, 19:17 »
I agree!

"That still only counts as one!"

BausDer

• LPS-Organisator
« Antwort #3 am: 15. Jan 2016, 19:39 »
Your enemy wont be able to Counterpick your faction. The 2 factions you pick are a secret for every Player. The special faction you pick for game, will be choosed before you enter the lobby, you have to write your pick to the managerin ts3.

Zitat
15 minutes before the start of each game, players, streamers and / or managers are required to report in TS3 of the tournament for a talk. The special faction of each Player will be reported secretly to the managers. During the game players will get moved in its own channel.

So both players will have to pick the their factions without knowing the other

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #4 am: 15. Jan 2016, 19:53 »
How is that possible? As soon as you enter the hosted lobby you are going to see what faction the enemy is. I don't understand how you intend to keep it a secret.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

BausDer

• LPS-Organisator
« Antwort #5 am: 15. Jan 2016, 19:56 »
You will write your faction to the Manager in the teamspeak private chat. After both Player have picked their faction secretly the game will be hosted and both will see the enemy faction in the ingame lobby.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #6 am: 15. Jan 2016, 20:06 »
That is my exact point. As soon as I know what the enemy is, I know perfectly what I need to do to counter him. Its really unfair. Especially for a game like Isengard vs Rohan. if Rohan gets the rush perfectly right they have a chance. However, if Isengard knows that the player is Rohan beforehand, he knows the rush is coming and can very easily counter it. I'm not saying that players should have to pick random if they don't want to, but I think that the option should be there. I really do not want the enemy to know what faction I have before we start the game.

BausDer

• LPS-Organisator
« Antwort #7 am: 15. Jan 2016, 20:13 »
I understand your point of view, but we are not planning to change the 2 faction pick and enable Random pick. Most of the tournaments used to play without random and it was still playable. Also like your enemy could know you rush with rohan, you know he needs a long time to get strong. So both players have disadvantages and the opportunity to play creatively and a strange tatctic.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #8 am: 15. Jan 2016, 20:28 »
Well, I think most tournaments played on vanilla bfme were a hell of a lot more balanced than the Edain Mod currently is, and I don't really understand why people can't just choose random, but whatever :(

So 1 final question for clarification then, you say we are picking 2 factions, does this mean we can switch between them even after we join the lobby? Like for example say I pick my factions as Rohan and Gondor, join as Rohan, see my enemy is Isengard and decide to play as Gondor instead. Is that allowed, or do you stay as the faction you join as?

BausDer

• LPS-Organisator
« Antwort #9 am: 15. Jan 2016, 20:32 »
No, you cant switch your faction after joining Game Lobby. You decide 15 min before Game starts your final faction of your 2. After you decided you have to play it in the match.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #10 am: 15. Jan 2016, 20:40 »
Gotcha.

Just thought of another question :P

Is there any limit to how many times you can play with 1 faction, and do the 2 factions we pick change at any point, for example in the semi-finals and finals?

BausDer

• LPS-Organisator
« Antwort #11 am: 15. Jan 2016, 20:55 »
No theres no limit. if you like you can play every game for example with rohan. And also no theres no point in the tournament to change your factions you picked.

Adrigabbro

« Antwort #12 am: 17. Jan 2016, 11:07 »
What if there is a new Edain update between 13.03 and the end of the tournament?
I mean, the factions we are gonna register with might get a nerf. I guess we are just gonna have to deal with it, right?

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #13 am: 17. Jan 2016, 20:49 »
Already asked him about this, he said we are allowed to switched before the tournament begins.

Aragorn_Frodo

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Have No Fear, ARAGORN_FRODO Is Here!
« Antwort #14 am: 21. Jan 2016, 19:43 »
Would you recommend entering this tournament as a just for fun player or do you think it would be better if I didn't enter the tournament unless I was really good?

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #15 am: 22. Jan 2016, 00:04 »
Well, considering how many good players are in it already, if your going to enter you should play your best. Skeeverboy, woppader, django, myself all play for keeps.

-Mandos-

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
  • Mess with the Best!
« Antwort #16 am: 22. Jan 2016, 00:40 »
Nah, you can also just join it for fun. You probably won't get far, that's true, but you can get some experience and enjoy the games. When I played my first tournament I was still new to the Edain multi-player and didnt get far and it was fun. There's this kind of hype you get before facing your opponent which makes it quite thrilling :)
A Túrin Turambar turún' ambartanen!
Túrin, master of doom, by doom mastered!

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #17 am: 22. Jan 2016, 00:55 »
I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't join, sorry if it sounded that way, I just meant that you should play your best even if you do join for fun :)

BausDer

• LPS-Organisator
« Antwort #18 am: 22. Jan 2016, 09:31 »
Hey Aragorn_Frodo,
this tournament is a opportunity for all Players to show their skills or just to get a better player. If you are not that good at the moment, you still have 2 Months to train your skills. And even if you lose in the first or the second round you get competition experiences, which will increase your skills a lot. So if you want to accept the LPS Cup Challenge for you, just write me a PM.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #19 am: 3. Mär 2016, 01:08 »
So, I have a serious problem with 2 of the maps for the tournament, Gap of Rohan and Morgai. These maps are both much too large for competitive 1v1, certain factions will absolutely steamroll other factions if played properly. These maps should be replaced with smaller, more competitive maps, unless you want boring matches which are unwinnable for 1 side from the start.

Mogat

• LPS-Sieger
  • Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #20 am: 3. Mär 2016, 10:56 »
So after my post I wrote some hours ago was deleted, I'll try a second time (maybe a technical error of some kind):

I totally agree with the point Elite brings up here. The balance between factions in edain mod does include mapsize- and architecture as well. As Elite states right, certain factions are substantially stronger on bigger maps than others, which leads to unbalanced, boring and eventually very long matches. (Fords of Isen 2 happens to be the best 1vs1 map, since mapsize and maparchitecture are pretty much perfect here.)
If you want to keep ONE bigger 1v1 map in the mappool, it'll be more or less okay, since there could be mapdepending faction-choosing in the tournament. But I would stongly advise to replace the second map with a more balanced and more suitable map for 1v1.
« Letzte Änderung: 3. Mär 2016, 11:43 von Mogat »

Cogito, ergo sum

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #21 am: 3. Mär 2016, 12:14 »
I actually quite like Morgai, so I'd vote to keep it in the tournament.
Gap of Rohan though - I didn't play that map even once in 4.0 tbh. Mountains of Angmar is a nice map, and you play Gondor despite the map name suggesting otherwise. It would be a good replacement. The direwolves in the center don't give any exp, but that shouldn't be too big of a deal, since it's only one creep.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #22 am: 3. Mär 2016, 14:18 »
@ EliteKryptic:
If Iron Hills isn't too big for you, then Morgai shouldn't really be such a big problem.
It's about 7% bigger, which isn't such a big difference. (as a comparrison: That's less than a third of the diameter of a fortress)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #23 am: 3. Mär 2016, 16:02 »
The thing about Iron Hills is that it flows very well, and your armies end up meeting sooner in the middle. On Morgai, its much more likely that you'll remain split apart on different sides of the map unless you specifically rush the enemy, and if you do you'll likely be unable to find his army and just get a couple of farms. Its very crucial to win battles against enemy armies early game, which you can't do if their running around creeping while you hunt after them, missing out on creep money yourself.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #24 am: 3. Mär 2016, 16:10 »
Well, that doesn't mean for me that it's more boring - I'm personally a fan of a more spread out harassment war, as I was playing a ton of Bfme I and Bfme II. :P
I always found it much more boring to have big battles for the whole match in the middle of the map, especially early on.^^ But this is just a different taste.^^

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #25 am: 3. Mär 2016, 16:37 »
Well, for a lot of factions, its really not just different taste. For example, if Rohan doesn't win a key battle vs Dwarves early on, and their allowed to have map control and make veterans, it is more or less GG.

Mogat

• LPS-Sieger
  • Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #26 am: 3. Mär 2016, 18:05 »
I will say some words to this debate myself.
In fact it isn't important if one map is some percent bigger than another, neither it is important that there is a need to hunt down enemy units to fight big battles in early game.

The important thing to notice is simply: Balance between factions depends on mapsize and maparchitecture, as well as it does on different units and their strenghts.
To look upon balance without considering the environment in which a battle takes place is a fatal mistake.

Harass is very important. Being in multiple locations and fight over keypoints as well. So if we had a mirror-game on a big 1v1 map, it'll be alright, since bigger maps provide more keypoints to battle for and thus demand more multitasking and anticipatory acting. --> very good for competitive 1v1 to determine the better player.

But the problem I see in bigger 1v1 maps is as already staded, different strenghts and possibilities for different factions.

Take the following example: oddly enough the edain team decided to strenghten riders with forged blades vs. buildings. I don't understand this decision at all, but lets take it as given.
On big maps, harassing with kavallery is not to counter at all with specific factions. In a few seconds upgraded horsemen take down outer farms, which leaves the opponent with far less income. Countering such harass is for many factions impossible, take the elves for example.

So, I hope it became clear what I wanted to say.
In fact I like the Idea of Elendil. We can keep one bigger map in the mappool (Morgai for instance), to support wise faction-choosing depending on map, and to support metagaming. More than this is silly, because of my points stated earlier. As Elendil proposed we could take the gap of rohan out of the mappool and replace it with mountains of angmar.

Cogito, ergo sum

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #27 am: 3. Mär 2016, 18:32 »
I agree with most of your points Mogat, but some faction matchups do require a crippling win early on if possible. I would also support removing a big map, I guess I do dislike Gap of Rohan more, and replacing with mountains of angmar.

Adrigabbro

« Antwort #28 am: 3. Mär 2016, 19:19 »
On big maps, harassing with kavallery is not to counter at all with specific factions. In a few seconds upgraded horsemen take down outer farms, which leaves the opponent with far less income. Countering such harass is for many factions impossible, take the elves for example.

That's what Elkriders are (supposed to be) for. Usually, mounted archers counter cavalry.

Anyway, replacing Gap of Rohan by Mountains of Angmar looks like a good idea.

BausDer

• LPS-Organisator
« Antwort #29 am: 4. Mär 2016, 08:17 »
Thanks for your discussion, we will replace gap of rohan with another map. We wont replace it with Mountains of Angmar cause we tryd it and got Angmar. (We dont want to have Angmar map in the tournament)
Possible replacements: Dunharg, Cair Andros, Celebdil, Ithilien

Please let us know your favorite map.
We actually see no problem with the balance in Morgai. So Morgai will stay in the Map pool.

Best regards

« Letzte Änderung: 4. Mär 2016, 08:38 von BausDer »

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #30 am: 4. Mär 2016, 17:39 »
If Dunharg is Dunharrow, then that's the map I'd like to have replace gap of rohan.

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #31 am: 8. Mär 2016, 14:09 »
Thanks for your discussion, we will replace gap of rohan with another map. We wont replace it with Mountains of Angmar cause we tryd it and got Angmar. (We dont want to have Angmar map in the tournament)
Possible replacements: Dunharg, Cair Andros, Celebdil, Ithilien

Please let us know your favorite map.
We actually see no problem with the balance in Morgai. So Morgai will stay in the Map pool.

Best regards
For the replacement map for Gap of Rohan, which Ithilien map are you talking about?  Because there are multiple maps in Ithilien, with there being an Eastern and Western Ithilien map for 2 players if I remember correctly.

BausDer

• LPS-Organisator
« Antwort #32 am: 10. Mär 2016, 08:45 »
After a long discussion in our team we decided to take dunharrow. (sorry for calling it dunharg its the german name^^)

Greetings your LPS Team

Mogat

• LPS-Sieger
  • Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #33 am: 10. Mär 2016, 12:13 »
Hm, i don't think its ideal, cause High-ground etc. But its your decision, we'll see how It goes.

Cogito, ergo sum

BausDer

• LPS-Organisator
« Antwort #34 am: 11. Mär 2016, 19:13 »
Hey guys!

Sadly, we found a problem in the Map Dunharrow which makes it unplayable for the tournament, so we have to replace it again. The new (and hopefully last change) map will be "Forelands of the Emyn Muil".

Your LPS team

Adrigabbro

« Antwort #35 am: 11. Mär 2016, 19:19 »
What was the problem?

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
« Antwort #36 am: 11. Mär 2016, 22:14 »
The player on the top has the vantage, that he can easy fire with catapults and archers on the units of the down player. The other player can't do much against it, because the archers of the other player have a better position to fire. And the player on the top has abandoned towers, the down player not.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #37 am: 15. Mär 2016, 19:16 »
I just noticed in the rules that is says "bug using is forbidden"
Can you specify in a list what is not allowed? There are a LOT of bugs, some related directly to spellbook powers, that are unavoidable.

BausDer

• LPS-Organisator
« Antwort #38 am: 16. Mär 2016, 09:32 »
I just noticed in the rules that is says "bug using is forbidden"
Can you specify in a list what is not allowed? There are a LOT of bugs, some related directly to spellbook powers, that are unavoidable.

Thanks for the note, of course we cant forbid bugs which are unavoidable. We are talking about bugs which have to be specifically used.  We will make a little List up to tomorrow.