28. Mär 2024, 22:22 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Game Crash Direct3D E_OUTOFMEMORY Game.dat error  (Gelesen 31595 mal)

Wolvorus

• Hobbit
Game Crash Direct3D E_OUTOFMEMORY Game.dat error
« am: 16. Jan 2016, 21:36 »
I take this problem often especially in moria,dol amroth and erebor maps i cant understand  this error because my directx version 11.1

« Letzte Änderung: 16. Jan 2016, 21:58 von Wolvorus »

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Re: Game Crash Direct3D E_OUTOFMEMORY Game.dat error
« Antwort #1 am: 16. Jan 2016, 22:40 »
The error means that the engine is too strained and shuts down. The engine is at fault. Lower your settings or play smaller maps and less teamgames with AIs.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

NicKMaster93

• Hobbit
« Antwort #2 am: 2. Feb 2016, 11:30 »
I've got this problem, too! I don't know what it means.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 2. Feb 2016, 11:48 »
The error means that the engine is too strained and shuts down. The engine is at fault. Lower your settings or play smaller maps and less teamgames with AIs.

ahdover

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "I have faced the Great Serpents of the North"
« Antwort #4 am: 26. Feb 2016, 03:42 »
This really doesn't make sense to me. That kind of makes High/Ultra obsolete. I have a decent laptop and still get this error.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #5 am: 26. Feb 2016, 05:19 »
It's not your laptop. It's the engine.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #6 am: 26. Feb 2016, 08:46 »
I can play without any problems on high/ultra high and don't get any crashes. We have said it quite a few times:
The engine is very old and uses only parts of your computer, no matter how good he is. For example the engine always just uses one core - as the current processors aren't using much better cores (sometimes even worse), but therefore more cores, some games (like bfme) don't run as good as new games on your computer.
Let me picture that for you:
On the one hand you have one really well trained worker (let's call him Jon). Jon has a really good education, but therefore it also was very expensive to train him. He is really good at his job.
On the other hand we have 10 workers who are only a bit trained. (let's call them the Team) Everyone has a bad education, but it was cheaper to train all 10 workers than to train Jon.

While older processors tried to be like Jon, current processors are more like the team. It's cheaper to make many bad processors than to make few good processors with the same strength. The current games are programmed to work with that:
If you play CoD 4, the game just looks at your team and says: "Whoever just has nothing to do: Here is a job." and as there are 10 people, someone always has free time and starts doing it at once.
Jon on the other hand works much faster, but if he has something to do, he can't just stop his work and therefore finishes his other jobs first, before doing this job.

That's why a game like CoD 4 works better on the newer multi-core processors.

Now look at a game like Bfme:
This game came out in an era, when people just used one or two processors. Therefore it knows nothing about multicore.
So if Bfme has work to be done it approaches your processor and says to the first person it sees:
"Hey you! Do my work!"
Jon does the job really good, as he is a well trained worker. But the team has some problems - the first guy is always working an is totally overworked, but the rest can't help. They just never get work.^^

That's the problem with the engine.  So for older games (like Bfme), you sometimes need more specific hardware architecture, which is sometimes not used anymore, as people realized that it is not as good as something else. That's also why people with a "good computer" get this error more often than people with an old computer.^^

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #7 am: 26. Feb 2016, 09:07 »
*clap* *clap* *clap* This explanation was genius, I'm going to save it for another time. Well done Gnomi, now all you have to do is come up with something similar for how the BFME AI works  :P (jk)
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #8 am: 26. Feb 2016, 10:11 »
Another thing to add here is that bfme 2 was released directly before processors changed the system. So the game is basically expected to run best on the best single core processors ever made, because there were no single core processors produced afterwards.

ahdover

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #9 am: 26. Feb 2016, 15:55 »
This is a stretch but...do you think it is possible to only utilize one core? 

Also I have been told to about several "4GB Patches", do these work?

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #10 am: 26. Feb 2016, 16:01 »
What exactly do you mean by the first thing?

There are some programs which can help with that problem - none have worked for us, but some people said that it helped. So you have to try it out yourself.

ahdover

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #11 am: 26. Feb 2016, 16:49 »
Like I have a multi-core processor. And someone said that BFME was made to only use 1 core, the best single core processors to be exact. So I am wondering if there is a way for me to use just one of the cores in my processor for this game. I know that is a longggg stretch but it's always good to ask.

And I will try a 4GB patch somebody linked me and I will post results.

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #12 am: 26. Feb 2016, 17:19 »
Uhm... The game already is just using one of your cores, which is the problem.^^ Just read my explanation with the workers - the game is using one core and that's exactly why many good computers are worse than old computers in running this game.^^

ahdover

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #13 am: 26. Feb 2016, 22:14 »
Ohhhhhh I see. I read it wrong. I was under the impression that it needed to. So to get this game to run properly I would basically have to downgrade / lower settings.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #14 am: 26. Feb 2016, 23:00 »
So to get this game to run properly I would basically have to downgrade / lower settings.

Exactly  :)
It's the core of the whole issue.

If you encounter other technical problems while playing, don't forget that you can also consult the official Edain Readme (the last part), where you may find useful answers without the need of asking for direct support in this section.

If the issue is specific, though, this is obviously the suitable space for questions of this kind.