28. Mär 2024, 14:39 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Game Crash Direct3D E_OUTOFMEMORY Game.dat error  (Gelesen 31587 mal)

clank234

• Hobbit
Re: Game Crash Direct3D E_OUTOFMEMORY Game.dat error
« Antwort #15 am: 26. Apr 2016, 01:37 »
Hello I am new here and I simply came here to try and find a solution to this problem and ended up doing it myself..
To start off with no older processors are not better! Technology only gets better and better with time! It's a fact, agreed upon by everyone otherwise experts would be exploiting this for business!
Now to fix the problem which was frikin' irritating me (and I'm sure a lot of other players with "up to date processors").
NOTE: This simply worked for me, I'd crash whenever there was a lot of stuff going on (usually around 1500MB of memory).. It is frustrating I know, I hope this works for you as it has for me (for the record I have an intel core i7-4790k CPU @ 4.00ghz). But after doing what I'm about to show you (easily) it should solve the problem!

1) Launch Edain as you would
2)alt+Tab and open your Task Manager
3)Go to details and find game.dat with the RotWK icon obviously
4)Right click it and go to "set affinity"
5)Disable all and enable just one (I went for CPU 01)

It should work now without crashing.. I played 4v4 on epic battle on Ultra settings all AI set to brutal..
You may have to do this every time you start the game or I'm sure you can modify the shortcut so it prompts it to do simply by adding "c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity x" in the front in the target in the shortcut's properties but I'm literally too lazy to try that out (but it would be logical for it to work).

I'd finally like to say amazing mod from the Edain team! Definitely made RotWK one of my most favourite games to play (and I can play pretty much anything on my PC)! Mordor is by far my most favourite faction to play as with the whole Sauron setup! I hope to see this mod carry on for many more years to come!

I hope my fix works for others as it did for me! Thank you and cheers guys

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #16 am: 26. Apr 2016, 02:07 »
Can others confirm what clank234 said? I'd rather not fiddle with the hardware yet.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

tima

• Hobbit
« Antwort #17 am: 3. Aug 2016, 05:16 »
i tried what clank said and it didn't work for me/

my system
windows 10
i7 5820k
gtx 980 sli (2 of them lol)
32gb(quad channel) or 8gb(duel channel) RAM (both configs have same results)
1tb SSD

clank234

• Hobbit
« Antwort #18 am: 25. Mai 2018, 13:07 »
Back again. After a while my fix seemed to stop working. I remember a while back while modding Skyrim I found out that DirectX on Windows 10 had memory patching issues and that Win10 limits older DirectX games memory allocation. I have a feeling that the same applies here. So even if you're like me and have 32gb of Ram, Win10 will only allow the game to use x amount until it crashes. So yeah, maybe someone who plays Edain on Win7 can confirm?
(Sorry for reviving this topic. Just that I received the same error again yesterday while playing).3

theoden_king

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #19 am: 10. Sep 2018, 02:21 »
same problem

L-C.H

• Hobbit
« Antwort #20 am: 27. Okt 2018, 12:03 »
I have the same Problem too :-/

Direct3D error Ox0x8007000e (E_OUTOFMEMORY)
7 addresses:
(unknown)(0): game.dat+239838 (unknown)
(unknown)(0): game.dat+1175111 (unknown)
(unknown)(0): game.dat+1250978 (unknown)
(unknown)(0): game.dat+977999 (unknown)
(unknown)(0): game.dat+713777 (unknown)
(unknown)(0): game.dat+1122295 (unknown)
(unknown)(0): game.dat+920343 (unknown)

Because of the severity of this error the game will now exit.
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Okt 2018, 13:35 von L-C.H »

Varthalabau

• Hobbit
« Antwort #21 am: 5. Dez 2018, 10:55 »
Same issue here, I still receive the error message even after trying the solution Clank suggested. On my game I have installed a crack to play without a CD (I actually own the original game but the CD is scratched) which replaces the "game.dat" file.

I don't know if any of you also use a crack for the game, but if you do perhaps that's our issue.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #22 am: 5. Dez 2018, 11:23 »
When exactly does the error occur?
Have you tried playing with lower settings?

If the error occures randomly after playing some time (especially on highly detailled maps or with multiple AIs), the reason is sadly rather simple:
The engine of Bfme is overstressed and crashes. I don't know if a crack changes the time, but it might be that the error occures faster. The easiest possibility is to lower your graphic settings.
I don't remember what the "best settings" are for Bfme, but you can easily set shadows and shadders to very low and won't notice a big difference. (and this alone lowers the work for the engine by a lot!)
I can look up my settings as soon as I'm at home.

Only True Witchking

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!
« Antwort #23 am: 6. Dez 2018, 00:26 »
@Vathalabu
I thought Edain doesn't work with cracks anyway? Or are you not using Edain?
“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face."

Fíli

• Edain Betatester
  • Wächter Caras Galadhons
« Antwort #24 am: 6. Dez 2018, 10:44 »
Edain works with cracks, but you can’t play Multiplayer while using them.
Vielen Dank an CMG für das tolle Banner und den tollen Avatar! :)