28. Mär 2024, 21:37 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The LOTR Trilogy  (Gelesen 39688 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
The LOTR Trilogy
« am: 17. Jan 2016, 02:09 »
As I did with the Hobbit trilogy thread, I want to create as well a similar space for our beloved and legendary LOTR trilogy, which, I think, introduced many of us to this majestic World, having been itself widely acclaimed as one of the best, if not the best, trilogies ever made, with the incredible record of 17 Oscars on its own.

Feel free to discuss about anything related to these wonderful films, from technical to thematic and conceptual aspects  :)

P.S. I will set this thread and the Hobbit one sticky, to symbolise their significant status in this section  ;)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: The LOTR Trilogy
« Antwort #1 am: 17. Jan 2016, 05:10 »
Great Idea, never really where to post this but now I do:

I'd like to remind the whole fandom, including myself what a bullet we dodged in the casting:
« Letzte Änderung: 17. Jan 2016, 05:17 von The_Necromancer0 »
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 17. Jan 2016, 12:41 »
Dieses Poster hängt bei mir im Zimmer an der Wand :)

As I far as I roughly understood, you have this poster on your room's wall, right?
Great, then  8-)

This poster exactly summarises pretty much all the main characters and places of this trilogy that we grew fond of.

P.S. As this is an English thread, it would be definitely better if you tried to write in English  ;)

Yes, we were very lucky  xD

And, do you know who was initially scripted to be our Lady Galadriel?
The New Zealand actress Lucy Lawless, who is widely remembered for having played Xena, the Warrior Princess  :P

lotr1997

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • This is SauronlordoftheEarth from modb LOVE EDAIN!
« Antwort #3 am: 26. Jan 2016, 00:45 »
Name should be changed to the best movie trilogy ever! I love these movies. But Star wars OT is pretty good too, hard decision, but ill go with Lotr! I always loved it :D
There is only one lord of the rings, only one who can bend it to his will, and he does not share power!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 26. Jan 2016, 00:55 »
Name should be changed to the best movie trilogy ever! I love these movies. But Star wars OT is pretty good too, hard decision, but ill go with Lotr! I always loved it :D

Sorry, but you force me to go into the teacher/examination mode  :D

What makes you think that the LOTR trilogy is superior?  :)

lotr1997

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • This is SauronlordoftheEarth from modb LOVE EDAIN!
« Antwort #5 am: 26. Jan 2016, 03:00 »
Well, I really cant decide! I think Lotr is mainly because it was my childhood i grew up reading the books and just loved them, when the movies came out they were amazing to me. So im a little biased haha. Star Wars is my second favorite. :D
There is only one lord of the rings, only one who can bend it to his will, and he does not share power!

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #6 am: 28. Jan 2016, 14:09 »
i think  Lucy Lawless would be a grate galadriel because she is a very good actor but she is best at playing a warrior in a movie so i think  Cate Blanchett is a better choice.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #7 am: 28. Jan 2016, 14:18 »
i think  Lucy Lawless would be a grate galadriel because she is a very good actor but she is best at playing a warrior in a movie so i think  Cate Blanchett is a better choice.

I definitely agree with you  :)

It's true that the nature of Galadriel consists also of courage, pride and a fierce will of fighting and resisting the Evil, along with a characteristic Ambition for power, which led her to join the Exile of her kin.
Therefore, we could manage to find some Warrior Princess traits in the depths of her psychology, especially in her early times in Middle Earth.

However, it's also firmly reminded that Galadriel has never desired to achieve Power through violent and prevailing means; always respecting the higher and holy Authorities of Valinor.

So, we could consider her particular behaviour as a sort of Noble Ambition  8-)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #8 am: 28. Jan 2016, 17:49 »
Xena along with Hercules were my favourite TV Shows when I was little,I really loved them! :-) And thr actress is without saying really good and.great looking but I can't see her s Galadriel,she just doesn't fit my idea of Galadriel like Figure,Height and look like whole! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #9 am: 28. Jan 2016, 23:10 »
The Lord of The Rings trilogy (The Two Towers is slightly above the other two).

This comment of my colleague hoho96 (about his favourite film) caught my attention, and offered me a valuable point from which I could start this interesting debate  :)

I read many times throughout the Internet and a lot of reviews that the Two Towers is widely recognised as the best chapter of the trilogy.
I believe that it might be due to the film's characteristic atmosphere and tone; an almost perfect representation of the true Anglo-Saxon motive (closed to one of Tolkien's most appreciated interests) that permeates the core of the whole story and the 'wilder' essence of Rohan.
Along with that, an incredible and superbly scripted cast that is added to the stable one of the previous chapter.

Do you think that the second film was concretely superior among the other two?
Why do you think critics have made this judgement, and what reasons did they base their considerations on, in your opinion?
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Jan 2016, 23:16 von DieWalküre »

RiderOfRohan

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • I'm the helpful modding guy
« Antwort #10 am: 28. Jan 2016, 23:23 »
The Lord of The Rings trilogy (The Two Towers is slightly above the other two).

This comment of my colleague hoho96 (about his favourite film) caught my attention, and offered me a valuable point from which I could start this interesting debate  :)

I read many times throughout the Internet and a lot of reviews that the Two Towers is widely recognised as the best chapter of the trilogy.
I believe that it might be due to the film's characteristic atmosphere and tone; an almost perfect representation of the true Anglo-Saxon motive (closed to one of Tolkien's most appreciated interests) that permeates the core of the whole story and the 'wilder' essence of Rohan.
Along with that, an incredible and superbly scripted cast that is added to the stable one of the previous chapter.

Do you think that the second film was concretely superior among the other two?
Why do you think critics have made this judgement, and what reasons did they base their considerations on, in your opinion?

Well I do agree that The Two Towers is the best film, it had a balance in character development with enough action to keep you on the edge of your seat at times.
The Battle of Helms Deep was extremely well done. The whole movie feels evenly paced and the extended edition improved it even further.
My current BFME projects | Age of the Ring | BFME 2 HD Edition | ROTWK HD Edition

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #11 am: 28. Jan 2016, 23:44 »
Hi RoR  :)

Yes, the Battle of Helm's Deep can truly be considered the apex of the film's structure.
They magnificently created the climax via an even and gradual path through the story.

I mean, I always regarded that battle much more particular and 'intimate' than the other final clashes of ROTK.
Intimate means that the main context was obviously restrained within smaller boundaries of geography and lore.
But, it is nonetheless displayed in a sole film a sort of rebirth of Rohan and its King, which ends with the unexpected victory against Saruman.

In simple words: a more reserved and specific context, that it functions really well though, for the film's purposes.

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
« Antwort #12 am: 29. Jan 2016, 02:11 »
I absolutely adore the entire trilogy, but my personal preference goes for Return of the King. You final see everything culminating, the gambits and plans that have been moving since the start of the story. The ending is such a bittersweet one, and I've always loved those. Arwen and Aragorn are together, and he's crowned. Gimli and Legolas are now lifelong friends. Isengard is cleansed. Sauron's realm and all his works have been thrown down and destroyed. Peace at last has come to Middle-Earth. But Frodo is wounded too deeply to know peace in Middle-Earth, and the age of the Noldor in middle-earth is at an end, with the rest of the elves soon to follow. The dwarves are doomed to fade, and the memory of the glory of the Eldar Days will end. The last scene at the Grey Havens is always so powerful for me.
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Jan 2016, 02:18 von VectorMaximus »
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #13 am: 29. Jan 2016, 07:51 »
First of all; Welcome, my lord, to the kingdom of Ed... oh never mind. Welcome to the forum  xD
Back to topic. The reason I place Two Towers higher than RotK is because I feel it's that bit closer to the books (ok, forget the Elves) in depicting the struggles of Rohan and the development of the characters. It has almost no cheesiness whatsoever (much unlike RotK with the whole ghost army thing). You don't feel any rush in the events. Everything was well set up; from the build up of Isengard, to the flight of Rohan, to the council of Ents, to the battles of Helms Deep itself. The battle was one of the most "realistic" and best movie battles of all times!

Then the moral side of the movie; despite the awesome heart-breaking conversations of Sam and Frodo on the slopes of Mount Doom, the character development of Sam Frodo and Smeagol was one of the best. Andy Serkis depicted Golum/Smeagol sooooo perfectly; he managed to show us the struggle of Smeagol to hold to what's left of his humanity (hobbity?) and how was that reflected on the thrio. Sam man! He must be the best speecher ever! At Osgiliath he showed his true metal and moral and his unshakable loyalty to his friendship with Frodo.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #14 am: 30. Jan 2016, 11:22 »
I found this on 9gag so I'll just leave it here

If you find the pic a bit small click here
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/