28. Mär 2024, 14:36 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The LOTR Trilogy  (Gelesen 39649 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: The LOTR Trilogy
« Antwort #45 am: 25. Okt 2016, 17:35 »
Though I'm still quite unsure whether that hypothetical 'LOTR Museum' (hinted at by PJ) will eventually become reality one day, it's already possible to experience guided tours throughout the locations used as setting for LOTR and the Hobbit. Wild lands, an unspoilt environment and absolutely characteristic places give us a clear perspective of New Zealand's natural particularity: in brief words, the proper context able to mirror Middle-earth.

LOTR and the Hobbit

Zitat
How can New Zealand not bewitch anyone who visits?
Sir Ian McKellen

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #46 am: 21. Jan 2017, 02:32 »
The trailers, when the three-part masterpiece was not completely manifest to us yet  8-)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #47 am: 21. Jan 2017, 03:41 »
At exactly the 2:00 mark of the Fellowship of the Ring trailer, you can see a small shot of the deleted scene of the attack on Lothlorien by the Goblins (the moment Aragorn dodges the arrow).

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #48 am: 21. Jan 2017, 20:28 »
Oh Lord, it's true. I had not noticed that! Thank you very much, Fred. That's a very interesting frame to consider, and if we add this piece to the whole puzzle (the other traces of that sequence), I think that it would have surely resulted in a great ensemble of action and fighting at the borders of the Golden Wood. Maybe, PJ and the other screenwriters didn't feel like focusing on additional dynamic aspects, given that the Fellowship had just survived the journey through Moria and their resting staying in Lothlórien was mainly meant to slow the pace of the narration (as it does do).

But it's really fascinating to know more about these old plans concerning the films, because it gives this masterpiece an even greater value: the original scheme seems to have initially comprehended a lot of material. Therefore, may we assume that the Goblins should have chased the Fellowship unto the borders of Lórien and assaulted the realm during the night too? That's really interesting.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #49 am: 21. Jan 2017, 23:14 »
If I'm not mistaken they deleted the scene because Moria goblins couldn't stand daylight. However! I've searched a bit and I finally found the video I saw a long time ago; some guy on youtube made a compilation of all the small bits and pieces left over from that scene, and you can find it here. This is for you, my dear Walk xD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IqL_JIkVHY

There is also a small part where Eowyn fights the Uruk-Hai in the Glittering Caves, but for some reason they deleted that scene as well.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #50 am: 22. Jan 2017, 02:02 »
So many gifts in such brief time. Do you maybe have something to make up for, Fredius?  :D

No, really, many thanks for having unveiled a part of this arcane riddle! Yes, the Goblins are not capable of coping with daylight. It would have thus been more reasonable, if they had tried to violate the borders of Lórien during the night, as it happens in the books (if I'm not wrong) and as that mysterious image from that even more mysterious LOTR art-book, which I remember reading in elementary school, showed. The whole idea of that assault provides the sequence with a substantially different tone, and it strengthens the role of the sentinels of those borders at the same time.

As I previously wrote, though, the scene makes the arrival of the Fellowship in Lothlórien much more dynamic and I think this fact could have eventually altered the pace of the film (considering that the journey in Moria is the apex of action by definition). Again, a nocturnal intrusion (while the Fellowship is resting in Caras Galadhon) would have done better, in my own opinion.

Let's maintain the anticipation and desire for the Misty Mountains well alive!  8-)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #51 am: 22. Jan 2017, 18:36 »
But wait.. there is more!

A compilation of every deleted scene in the trilogy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlXvQRXUL2E

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #52 am: 22. Jan 2017, 19:55 »
That was really superb to watch! I had already seen some of them in other compilations, but never had I had the opportunity to find additional details about them. In particular, Galadriel being surrounded by the mist of the Golden Wood was very characteristic to behold  8-)

Even deleted scenes emanate a magical aura, when it comes to LOTR.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #53 am: 16. Feb 2017, 12:07 »
I bring more tiding from the darkest corners of the internet. I have found many things that were once lost. I have found a list of the deleted scenes although I cannot guarantee its reliability.

And of course some more footage I found, some of it which overlaps with what Fredius has already found but also some new stuff.

And now, back to work! (being an evil dark lord is a full time occupation)
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #54 am: 16. Feb 2017, 15:31 »
Such precious content. I just hope PJ will keep his words and give life to what he hinted at during the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con: the release of a mighty LOTR EE version, comprising many of those scenes. A monumental EE masterpiece  8-)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #55 am: 27. Feb 2017, 02:06 »
Enya's marvellous masterpieces in Fellowship of the Ring. A contribution of an immense value to the LOTR cause  8-)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NJVxEaGrHS4

https://youtube.com/watch?v=iMyo8I8AKmY

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #56 am: 12. Mär 2017, 00:20 »
I have an interesting survey to propose to you, gentlemen of this thread. It's something I would really like you to share: when and in which circumstances did you watch each chapter of the monumental LOTR trilogy for the very first time?

We are thus to put forward our thoughts, feelings, impressions and sensations, as we experienced our own marvellous journey through this cinematographic masterpiece. My own story is obviously to follow the other contributions too. I hope you will be keen on letting us know your personal experiences  :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #57 am: 4. Mai 2017, 01:06 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #58 am: 2. Jun 2017, 00:17 »
How close is it to the cinematographic depiction? ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #59 am: 5. Jun 2017, 23:16 »