[en] The Prancing Pony > The Lord of the Rings

The LOTR Trilogy

<< < (2/18) > >>

lotr1997:
Well, I really cant decide! I think Lotr is mainly because it was my childhood i grew up reading the books and just loved them, when the movies came out they were amazing to me. So im a little biased haha. Star Wars is my second favorite. :D

Gandalf The Gray:
i think  Lucy Lawless would be a grate galadriel because she is a very good actor but she is best at playing a warrior in a movie so i think  Cate Blanchett is a better choice.

Walküre:

--- Zitat von: Gandalf The Gray am 28. Jan 2016, 14:09 ---i think  Lucy Lawless would be a grate galadriel because she is a very good actor but she is best at playing a warrior in a movie so i think  Cate Blanchett is a better choice.

--- Ende Zitat ---

I definitely agree with you  :)

It's true that the nature of Galadriel consists also of courage, pride and a fierce will of fighting and resisting the Evil, along with a characteristic Ambition for power, which led her to join the Exile of her kin.
Therefore, we could manage to find some Warrior Princess traits in the depths of her psychology, especially in her early times in Middle Earth.

However, it's also firmly reminded that Galadriel has never desired to achieve Power through violent and prevailing means; always respecting the higher and holy Authorities of Valinor.

So, we could consider her particular behaviour as a sort of Noble Ambition  8-)

LordDainIronfoot:
Xena along with Hercules were my favourite TV Shows when I was little,I really loved them! :-) And thr actress is without saying really good and.great looking but I can't see her s Galadriel,she just doesn't fit my idea of Galadriel like Figure,Height and look like whole! :-)

Walküre:

--- Zitat von: hoho96 am  7. Jan 2016, 14:46 ---The Lord of The Rings trilogy (The Two Towers is slightly above the other two).

--- Ende Zitat ---

This comment of my colleague hoho96 (about his favourite film) caught my attention, and offered me a valuable point from which I could start this interesting debate  :)

I read many times throughout the Internet and a lot of reviews that the Two Towers is widely recognised as the best chapter of the trilogy.
I believe that it might be due to the film's characteristic atmosphere and tone; an almost perfect representation of the true Anglo-Saxon motive (closed to one of Tolkien's most appreciated interests) that permeates the core of the whole story and the 'wilder' essence of Rohan.
Along with that, an incredible and superbly scripted cast that is added to the stable one of the previous chapter.

Do you think that the second film was concretely superior among the other two?
Why do you think critics have made this judgement, and what reasons did they base their considerations on, in your opinion?

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

[*] Vorherige Sete

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln