27. Apr 2024, 08:41 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Lidless Eye  (Gelesen 10654 mal)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Re: The Lidless Eye
« Antwort #15 am: 25. Jan 2016, 16:32 »
In that case, you need to work out this concept into more detail. What will it add that the other forms of tower supervisor entities do not have? Costs? Functions?

Greatgoblin's idea is somewhat interesting, but at the same time, Mordor does not need it at all. If this ever happens, it will probably when the mod is finished completely or if ET decides to change their mind about being satisfied with Mordor's design, but I really doubt that.

Furthermore, Sauron is already a very aggressive caster as it is. His Fire Form abilities are so useful to disrupt enemies, both units and heroes, while his shadow form does decent supporting damage and can be very annoying in general. It's commonly known that Greatgoblin is not a fan of Gorthaur's current look and that he looks ''geyy!11!1!''. Just for the team to update some of the older models and it's all good.

Finally, lore-wise, there is only 1 Lidless-Eye, and it's in Barad-Dûr, not on some nameless outpost.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

The Witch-King of Angmar

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Fear The Iron Crown
« Antwort #16 am: 25. Jan 2016, 19:34 »
Furthermore, Sauron is already a very aggressive caster as it is. His Fire Form abilities are so useful to disrupt enemies, both units and heroes, while his shadow form does decent supporting damage and can be very annoying in general.

well , that is true he is very good hero indeed but now you are giving him an 10 magic points power and discarding "power of past ages" so The Lidless Eye should be as powerfull or usefull as balrog or army of death or any other 10 points power in any faction

, lore-wise, there is only 1 Lidless-Eye, and it's in Barad-Dûr, not on some nameless outpost.

i am not saying there will be more than one and lore-wise there is only 1 minas morgol or dul guldor but we can build these castles in gameplay , I know what you mean but this is a game and we must not stick our selfs to movies or books's scenarios , like i am playing mordor against Imladris in revindel map and i have sauron here level 10 and every thing but guess what he cant turn to Lidless Eye , Sauron: "sorry gang but i have to be in bara dur this tower is not enough for me" why not? the dark lord is HERE HIMSELF and he cant!! its not like I wont the entire Barad-Dûr tower to be in revendil its ONLY sauron that is important to do this , and i thought about what you said that i should make a Barad-Dûr map but what is the point? you will get tow saurons that way one on Barad-Dûr up there and one down there wt.. O.o i cant do this map if edain team didnt create the lidless eye first then i can make it and it will be One Sauron who can enter baradur wich is completely lorefriendly and awesome at the same time .

In that case, you need to work out this concept into more detail.

you are right , i need to explain all the details of the idea more , but i think i will do this after an hour cuz i kinda busy right now , btw you really need to take it easy on me man XD , come on we all know this idea will be amazing , I dont think Mordor will need any thing after The Lidless Eye is done :)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #17 am: 25. Jan 2016, 20:28 »
I'm sorry if I came across as rude, that was not my intention. It's my way of explaining things on the internet, I'm afraid. Direct and merciless :P.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

The Witch-King of Angmar

• Fear The Iron Crown
« Antwort #18 am: 26. Jan 2016, 00:41 »
its okay buddy dont worry :) i hope you to stand by my side and agree with me

-The Lidless Eye-

it is a 10 magic points power you can chose { The Power of The Past Ages or The Lidless Eye }
(just like galadril's system with the ring when you can chose if she will take it and be cursed or
refuse it and be blessed)

how does it work?

you select a citadel and then it will be count as your main base wich is the only one Sauron can enter
its tower and be the eye ( note: once Sauron entered the citadel you cant order him to get out , you must wait untill
the enemy destroy your citadel )

what abilites will The Lidless Eye have ?

it will have 3 unique abilites wich are:
1-The all seeing eye(requires sauron level 3) : you will get a very big range of vision around your base for one minute.(its nice to
hear some sound effect when you use this ability like sauron saying"you cant hide i see you there is no live in
the void only death")
2-The Eye's command(requires sauron level 7) : The Lidless Eye light the sky with Red lightnings(the thunder sound effect will be awesome  (**))
 wich is a signal of The final assult that will cast fear in enemy's hearts and the war chant starts
,all your troops will get 50% damage points and 20% speed points for 30 second ,all your opponet's troops will get -30%armor for 30 second
 (I got this idea from the books when Sauron light the sky with red lightings as a signal for the Witch-King to begin the war and attack minas tirith)
(about mordor's war chant we can use the war chant when the black gate opens its very badass and fit perfectly)
3-The Wrath of The Lidless Eye(requires sauron level 10): The Lidless Eye will cast a burning flames on a certin area turning it to dust
( this ability is strong vs enemy's troops but its weak vs enemy's heroes and buildings ) (this ability cant be used behind the eye (behind the citadel)
so chosing the main base is a key that will serve your strategy in the battle)

what will happen when the main base of Mordor fall ?

1-Sauron dies (actually turn to black ghost cuz he dont die in the game)
2-you lost the lidless eye so you have to wait untill the cool down of it
  then you can use it again after rebuilding your citadel.
(the fall of the lidless eye's animation can be get from bfme1 in last mission of good factions ,
the Team just have to make it work on the citadel and add his magic touch)

actually I have made a video for the lidless eye imagning how will it looks like and I have posted it on my page
and it was for fun so sorry for the bad making xD , here is the link: http://www.moddb.com/members/warlord5/videos

I dont think Mordor will ever need any thing after The Lidless Eye idea is done.

Sincerely,
The Witch-King

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #19 am: 26. Jan 2016, 07:04 »
Out of curiosity would this idea be possible as a map feature?
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

The Witch-King of Angmar

• Fear The Iron Crown
« Antwort #20 am: 26. Jan 2016, 11:45 »
lets say I will definitely make a "Barad-Dûr" map when this idea is done.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #21 am: 26. Jan 2016, 13:48 »
I think you misunderstood me, what I mean is, is it possible to program this feature in as a custom map rather than have Edain Team do it. If so Witch-King you could learn how to do it and do a series of custom maps.
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine